NATA 2019: Registration, Application Form, Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus
Latest Applications Open 2019:
NATA 2019 Application Form has been released. NATA 2019 (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is organized by the Council of Architecture (COA). It is a national level examination. It offers architecture courses. Through NATA entrance test candidates will get admission into 5 years of Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) programme in all over India. NATA score will be considered by numbers of private & governments aided colleges or institutions or universities. For complete details on NATA 2019, candidates should go through this article.
NATA 2019 Notifications – Application Form Released
NATA 2019 Application Form has been released from 24th January 2019. Check here for application form details.
NATA 2019 FAQs has been released. Check here for FAQs.
From the year 2019, NATA 2019 Examination will be conducted two times in a year. Check here to view new changes details.
As per the COA (Council of Architecture), NATA 2019 Eligibility has been revised. Check here for eligibility criteria details.
New Changes Introduced This Year:
- The examination will be conducted two times in a year.
- For exam duration, 60 minutes will be provided for aptitude section and 120 minutes will be given for drawing section.
- A national level centralized counselling may be conducted for admission in architecture courses.
- Arts stream candidates are also eligible to apply for NATA 2019, if they qualify the mathematics, physics and chemistry as additional exams conducted by the CBSE board.
NATA Exam Dates 2019
In the table given below, we have provided official NATA exam dates.
For First Session:
|Opening of registration form||24th January 2019|
|Closing of registration||11th March 2019|
|Image uploads & fee payment allowed till||15th March 2019|
|Confirmation page printing available till||18th March 2019|
|Application correction window||12th – 15th March 2019|
|Releasing of admit card||1st April 2019|
|Examination date||14th April 2019|
|Declaration of result||3rd May 2019|
For Second Session:
|Opening of registration form||24th January 2019|
|Closing of registration||12th June 2019|
|Image uploads & fee payment allowed till||15th June 2019|
|Confirmation page printing available till||17th June 2019|
|Application correction||15th – 17th June 2019|
|Releasing of admit card||24th June 2019|
|Examination date||7th July 2019|
|Declaration of result||21st July 2019|
NATA Registration 2019
Candidates can read the information brochure which has been uploaded by the authority on their website to fill the application form.
- Candidates can start NATA registration 2019 from 24th January 2019 for both the sessions.
- Candidates can fill the registration form through online mode only.
- The NATA application form can be filled till 11th March 2019 (for first session) & 12th June 2019 (for second session).
- The application form is considered completed only after filling personal details, uploading documents and payment of the application fee.
- SC/ST candidates have to upload the relevant community certificate also.
- Must take a printout of confirmation page generated upon successful fee payment for the candidate’s own record.
Latest Applications Open 2019:
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1800/- as application fee & Rs. 3500/- for both first & second sessions for general candidates.
- It can be submitted through online mode.
- For SC/ST candidates the application fee is Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 2800/- for appearing in both the tests).
- Candidates opting to appear from test centres outside the territory of India have to deposit Rs.10000/- for either first or second test and Rs. 18,000/- for appearing in both the tests.
NATA Official Help Desk Details:
The official website of NATA is nata.in. Get JEE Main official help desk details for further enquiry:
India Habitat Centre, Core 6A, 1st Floor,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003 India
Contact Number: 1800 266 6282
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Candidates those wishing to apply in NATA 2019 exam, should fulfill the eligibility criteria given below:
- Age Limit: No age limit to apply.
- Lateral Entry: No admission in lateral entry.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass 12th examinations (10+2) recognized by Central/State Governments.
- Subjects: Candidates must have physics, chemistry & mathematics as mandatory subjects in the 10+2 level.
- Minimum Marks: 10+2 passed with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% in PCM group.
- Appearing Candidates: Such candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Humanities Candidates: Candidates with arts stream are also eligible to apply, if they have qualified the physics, chemistry and mathematics exams conducted by CBSE.
NATA 2019 Exam Pattern
The complete NATA Exam Pattern is given below:
- Mode: The exam will be conducted two times in a year through online mode & Part B will be answered on
A4 size drawing sheets.
- Sections: It will be comprised of two sections. Part A comprises of MCQ to be answered online and Part B is paper based drawing test.
- Maximum Marks: Total of 200 marks questions will be asked in the exam. 120 marks of Part-A and 90 marks of Part-B.
- Duration: The complete exam will be of 3 hours. 60 minutes for Part-A (aptitude section) and 120 minutes for Part-B (drawing section).
- Language: All instructions will be given in English language only.
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks will be allotted for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking in the exam.
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics (20 questions)||20×2=40||40|
|General Aptitude (40 questions)||40×2=80||80|
|Drawing (2 questions)||2×40||80|
The NATA Syllabus is set from the subject mathematics, general aptitude and drawing test. The complete syllabus is given below:
Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics, Probability, Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate and geometry.
Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Mathematical reasoning and sets & relations. Objects, textures related to architecture & built environment.
Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), general awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations.
Interpretation of pictorial compositions, visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawing.
Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms. Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, sketching of urban scape and landscape. Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast. Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory.
Drawing of patterns-both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Click here to view NATA 2019 FAQs.
NATA Admit Card 2019
The NATA admit card 2019 will be generated through online mode. Along with the admit card an examination roll number will also be generated for each candidate.
The admit cads will be released on 1st April 2019 (for first session) and 24th June 2019 (for second session).
Candidates should appear in the exam center with one of the photo IDs ad Voter ID/Pan Card/Aadhar Card/Driving Licence/e-Aadhar.
Candidates are advised to secure their admit cards carefully till the completion of admission procedure.
NATA Result 2019
The candidate can access their results with the login credentials created at the time of application. NATA result 2019 will be declared by the authority on 3rd May 2019 (for first session) and 21st July 2019 (for second session).
Within a week of taking the examination, the response sheet of each candidate for Part A will be uploaded along with subject-wise secured marks.
In the result, candidates can check their marks obtained in each component out of 200 and Pass/Fail status.
The authority will also release the cut off marks along with result.
NATA 2019 score will be valid only for admission in the academic session 2019-20.
NATA Admission Procedure
NATA exam conducting authority will not conduct any counselling for admission in the participating institutions. Each institution will organize their own counselling and admission procedure individually.
After the declaration of result, candidates have to apply separately in each institution to get admission into B.Arch courses on the basis of NATA score.
The final admission will be offered only on fulfillment of eligibility and other criteria as specified during counselling and admission in Universities/Institutions.
If you have any other queries about NATA 2019, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.