NIFT 2020: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus
NIFT 2020 will be conducted by National Institute of Fashion Technology. This entrance exam is organized to offer admission into Bachelors of Design, Bachelors of Fashion Technology, Master of Fashion Technology, Master of Design, Master of Fashion Management etc. Candidates have to qualify the Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT) to get selected. Admission will be provided to the qualified candidates in various campuses of NIFT located in Chennai, New Delhi, Bhopal, Gandhinagar, Kangra, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Raebareli, Shillong, Kannur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Srinagar and Patna. Through this article we have provided all the details regarding NIFT 2020.
NIFT 2020 New Changes Introduced
- From the year 2019, the application fee for General/OBC – NCL has been increased to Rs.2000 from Rs.1500. For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates fee is increased to Rs.1000 to Rs.750.
NIFT 2020 Important Dates
In the table provided below check all the tentative dates for various events of NIFT 2020:
|Starting of Online Registration||4th week of October 2019|
|Last date to register||4th week of December 2019|
|Application correction window opens||Last week of December 2019 to 1st week of January 2020|
|Last date to register with late fee of Rs. 5000||1st week of January 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||2nd week of January 2020|
|NIFT 2020 Exam||3rd week of January 2020|
|Announcement of Result||In the month of February/March 2020|
|Last date of registration for Foreign nationals/ NRIs/SAARC||Last week of April 2020|
|Release of Call Letter for PG programmes||4th week of March 2020|
|Situation Test/GD/Interview||In the month of February/March 2020|
|Declaration of Final Result||In the month of May or June 2020|
|Beginning of Counselling process||In the month of June 2020|
NIFT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the complete details of NIFT 2020 Application form below:
- The Online Registration process of NIFT 2020 will begin from the fourth week of October 2019.
- Candidates have to fill the application form before the last date that is expected till the fourth week of December 2019.
- The Registration process will consist of various steps like Online Registration, filling the application form, uploading the documents and payment of application fee.
- Candidates can also register for NIFT 2020 by paying certain amount of late fee of Rs. 5000 before the last date which is expected to be in the first week of January 2020.
- The authority will provide the correction facility to make correction in the application form.
- After filling the application form candidates have to send the filled application form with application fee through demand draft to the below address:
All India Management Association Management House,
14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
The Application Fee of NIFT 2020 for various categories is described below:
- For General/OBC-NCL candidates – Rs. 2000
- For SC/ST and PwD candidates – Rs.1000
For Online payment, the application fee has to be paid by debit/credit card/net banking. For offline payment, the application fee can be paid through demand draft.
In case candidates have made mistakes while filling the application form, the corrections can be made after the opening of application correction window.
The Application correction is expected to start from the last week of December 2019 to 1st week of January 2019.
NIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the complete eligibility criterion of NIFT 2020 before applying for admission:
- For UG Programmes, the upper age limit is 23 years as on October 1, 2019. For ST/SC candidates, the age relaxation is of 5 years.
- There is no upper or lower age limit for PG Admissions.
For B.F.Tech (Apparel Production):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have qualified with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
For B.Des Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed his/her 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university.
For M.F.Tech Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have done their Bachelor’s degree in F.Tech from NIFT or B.Tech/B.E from a recognized institute or university.
For M.Des Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university OR
Should have done UG Diploma in UG design of minimum 3 years from NIFT or NID.
NIFT 2020 Exam Pattern
The Complete Exam Pattern of NIFT 2020 is described below:
- Exam Mode and Date: NIFT 2020 exam will be organized in the third week of January 2020 through Pen and Paper (offline) mode.
- Number and Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice questions and the number of questions will vary for various programmes.
- Time Duration: For B.Des and M.Des entrance test, 2 hours will be provided to complete the paper. For B.F.Tech, M.F.Tech and MFM entrance exams, 3 hours will be provided.
- Sections: The exam paper will contain various sections like – Quantitative Ability, Analytical and Logical Ability, English Comprehension, Communication Ability, Current Affairs and General Knowledge.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be in English
- Marking Scheme: There will be no negative marking in the exam paper.
In the table given below we have distributed number of questions for various sections:
|Section||For M.F.Tech, MFM and B.F.Tech||For B.Des|
|Quantitative Ability||30 (10 for MFM)||20|
|Communication Ability and|
|45 (50 for MFM)||50 (25 each)|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||25||15|
|Case Study||25 (40 for MFM)||–|
|Total||150 questions||100 questions|
NIFT 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus of NIFT 2020 will contain various topics from Quantitative Ability, Analytical and Logical Ability, English Comprehension, Communication Ability, Current Affairs and General Knowledge sections.
The Syllabus will vary for both GAT and CAT. Candidates can check the complete syllabus by online mode.
NIFT 2020 Preparation Tips
To qualify the entrance test of NIFT 2020, students can take help of below preparation tips:
- Make a proper study schedule and review complete details of the exam before starting the preparation.
- Note down all the important points, concepts or formulas at one place.
- Analyze your exam preparation level by attempting mock tests.
- Practice by solving sample papers or past years question papers.
- Revision is a necessary part of your study so revise all your prepared notes at the end of each day.
- Study for the exam from a study material mostly recommended by experts or qualified students.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
NIFT 2020 Admit Card
The Admit card of NIFT 2020 will be published after the completion of application process. It is a necessary document which will mention certain important details about the appearing candidate and the exam.
In case any discrepancy arises in the details of the admit card or during downloading the admit card, students must contact the officials immediately.
The admit card will be released in the second week of January 2020. Candidates have to download the admit card through online mode by entering their provided application number and date of birth.
NIFT 2020 Result
The Result of NIFT 2020 will be released after the General ability test, creative ability test and interview. The result will be published by online mode in the month of February and March 2020.
To check the result online and download the scorecard, students have to enter their application number, roll number and date of birth.
The details in the scorecard will mention name of the candidate, date of birth, roll Number, application number, scores obtained in CAT, GAT and Situation Test, total marks, rank, qualifying status etc.
NIFT 2020 Counselling
The counselling process of NIFT 2020 will start from the month of June 2020. To participate in the counselling process, candidates have to register online first. Only those candidates will be eligible for counselling rounds who will have common merit rank.
For the GD and PI Interview rounds, candidates have to download call letter online by entering their application number, date of birth and roll number.
At the time of counselling, document verification of the candidates will be also done. Candidates have to submit the below listed documents certificate verification:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet
- 10th and 12th Pass certificate
- Several Passport size photographs
- Category certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Bank Draft
- Affidavit of provisional admission
- Anti- Ragging certificate
- Provisional call letter
If you have any query regarding NIFT 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.