NIFT 2020: Result (Declared), Cut-off, Counselling, Admission
NIFT 2020 Final Result for M.Des programme has been declared. Online Interview Call Letter has been released. The exam has been conducted by National Institute of Fashion Technology. This entrance exam is organized to offer admission into Bachelors of Design, Bachelors of Fashion Technology, Master of Fashion Technology, Master of Design, Master of Fashion Management etc. Candidates have to qualify the Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT) to get selected. Admission will be provided to the qualified candidates in various campuses of NIFT located in Chennai, New Delhi, Bhopal, Gandhinagar, Kangra, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Raebareli, Shillong, Kannur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Srinagar and Patna. Through this article we have provided all the details regarding NIFT 2020.
NIFT 2020 Notification – Final Result Declared
NIFT 2020 Final Result for M.Des programme has been declared on 17th July 2020. Check here for result details.
NIFT 2020 Final Result for B.Des programme has been declared on 25th June 2020. Check here for result details.
NIFT 2020 Situation Test to be held on 2nd, 3rd & 4th May has been cancelled. Admissions will be done on the basis of written test.
NIFT 2020 Answer Key has been released. Candidates can submit their objections regarding answer key till 24th January 2020. Click here to view answer key.
NIFT 2020 New Changes Introduced
- From the year 2019, the application fee for General/OBC – NCL has been increased to Rs.2000 from Rs.1500. For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates fee is increased to Rs.1000 to Rs.750.
NIFT 2020 Important Dates
In the table provided below check all the official dates for various events of NIFT 2020:
|Starting of Online Registration||23rd October 2019|
|Last date to register||31st December 2019|
|Application correction window opens||1st-4th January 2020|
|Last date to register with late fee of Rs. 5000||4th January 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||10th January 2020|
|NIFT 2020 Exam||19th January 2020|
|Release of answer key||22nd January 2020|
|Last date to submit objection on answer key||24th January 2020|
|Announcement of Result||13th March 2020|
|Observation/Objection by candidate for written exam||22nd-24th January 2020|
|Last date of registration for Foreign nationals/ NRIs/SAARC||30th April 2020|
|Release of Call Letter for PG programmes||24th June 2020|
|Situation Test/GD/Interview||June 2020|
|Declaration of Final Result||25th June 2020|
|M.Des final result declare||17th July 2020|
NIFT 2020 Result
The Result of NIFT 2020 has been released after the General ability test, creative ability test and interview. The result has been published by online mode on 13th March 2020.
To check the NIFT result online and download the scorecard, students have to enter their application number, roll number and date of birth.
The details in the scorecard mention name of the candidate, date of birth, roll Number, application number, scores obtained in CAT, GAT and Situation Test, total marks, rank, qualifying status etc.
NIFT 2020 Counselling
The counselling process of NIFT 2020 will start from the month of July or August 2020. To participate in the counselling process, candidates have to register online first. Only those candidates will be eligible for NIFT counselling rounds who will have common merit rank.
For the GD and PI Interview rounds, candidates have to download call letter online by entering their application number, date of birth and roll number.
At the time of counselling, document verification of the candidates will be also done. Candidates have to submit the below listed documents certificate verification:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet
- 10th and 12th Pass certificate
- Several Passport size photographs
- Category certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Bank Draft
- Affidavit of provisional admission
- Anti- Ragging certificate
- Provisional call letter
NIFT 2020 Admit Card
The Admit card of NIFT 2020 has been published after the completion of application process. It is a necessary document which will mention certain important details about the appearing candidate and the exam.
In case any discrepancy arises in the details of the admit card or during downloading the admit card, students must contact the officials immediately.
The admit card has been released on 10th January 2020. Candidates have to download the admit card through online mode by entering their provided application number and date of birth.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
NIFT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the complete details of NIFT 2020 Application form below:
- The Online Registration process of NIFT 2020 has begun from 23rd October 2019.
- Candidates have to fill the application form before the last date that is 31st December 2019.
- The Registration process will consist of various steps like Online Registration, filling the application form, uploading the documents and payment of application fee.
- Candidates can also register for NIFT 2020 by paying certain amount of late fee of Rs. 5000 before the last date which is 4th January 2020.
- The authority will provide the correction facility to make correction in the application form.
- After filling the application form candidates have to send the filled application form with application fee through demand draft to the below address:
The Project Manager – CMS
All India Management Association (AIMA)
15 Link Road, Lajpat Nagar – Part 3
New Delhi ‐110024
The Application Fee of NIFT 2020 for various categories is described below:
- For General/OBC-NCL candidates – Rs. 2000
- For SC/ST and PwD candidates – Rs.1000
For Online payment, the application fee has to be paid by debit/credit card/net banking. For offline payment, the application fee can be paid through demand draft.
In case candidates have made mistakes while filling the application form, the corrections can be made after the opening of application correction window.
The Application correction has been started from 1st January 2019.
NIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the complete eligibility criterion of NIFT 2020 before applying for admission:
- For UG Programmes, the upper age limit is 23 years as on October 1, 2019. For ST/SC candidates, the age relaxation is of 5 years.
- There is no upper or lower age limit for PG Admissions.
For B.F.Tech (Apparel Production):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have qualified with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
For B.Des Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed his/her 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university.
For M.F.Tech Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have done their Bachelor’s degree in F.Tech from NIFT or B.Tech/B.E from a recognized institute or university.
For M.Des Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university OR
Should have done UG Diploma in UG design of minimum 3 years from NIFT or NID.
NIFT 2020 Exam Pattern
The Complete Exam Pattern of NIFT 2020 is described below:
- Exam Mode and Date: NIFT 2020 exam has been organized on 19th January 2020 through Pen and Paper (offline) mode.
- Number and Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice questions and the number of questions will vary for various programmes.
- Time Duration: For B.F.Tech, M.F.Tech, MFM entrance exams, B.Des and M.Des entrance test, 2 hours will be provided to complete the paper.
- Sections: The exam paper will contain various sections like – Quantitative Ability, Analytical, English Comprehension, Communication Ability, Current Affairs and General Knowledge.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be in English & Hindi.
- Marking Scheme: There will be no negative marking in the exam paper.
In the table given below we have distributed number of questions for various sections:
|Section||For M.F.Tech, MFM and B.F.Tech||For B.Des|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||15||15|
|Total||100 questions||120 questions|
NIFT 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus of NIFT 2020 will contain various topics from Quantitative Ability, Analytical and Logical Ability, English Comprehension, Communication Ability, Current Affairs and General Knowledge sections.
The Syllabus will vary for both GAT and CAT. Candidates can check the complete syllabus by online mode.
NIFT 2020 Preparation Tips
To qualify the entrance test of NIFT 2020, students can take help of below preparation tips:
- Make a proper study schedule and review complete details of the exam before starting the preparation.
- Note down all the important points, concepts or formulas at one place.
- Analyze your exam preparation level by attempting mock tests.
- Practice by solving sample papers or past years question papers.
- Revision is a necessary part of your study so revise all your prepared notes at the end of each day.
- Study for the exam from a study material mostly recommended by experts or qualified students.
If you have any query regarding NIFT 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.