AILET 2020: Application Form (Till 30th April), Dates, Eligibility, Pattern
AILET 2020 Application Form has been extended. The exam will be conducted by the National Law University, Delhi. It is a national level entrance examination which is conducted once in every year. Through this exam, candidates can get admission in 1 year LL.M, 5 year B.A. LL.B. and Ph.D. programmes. After qualifying this exam, candidates will be able to get admission in National Law University in all over India. Through this article, candidates can get all details about AILET 2020, including important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, etc.
AILET 2020 Notifications – Application till 30th April
AILET 2020 Application Form last date has been extended till 30th April 2020. Check here for application details.
AILET 2020 Exam has been postponed. The exam will be now conducted on 31st May 2020.
AILET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below AILET 2020 important dates regarding the examination:
|Issue of notification||15th January 2020|
|Starting of application form||15th January 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||30th April 2020|
|Availability of admit card||May 2020|
|Exam date||31st May 2020|
|Result B.A. LL.B (Hons.)||May 2020|
|Issue of admission letter (1st list)||May 2020|
|Last date to deposit fees (1st list)||17th June 2020|
|Result (LL.M)||8th June 2020|
Date for spot counseling for vacant seats
|29th June 2020|
Last date for depositing fee for the candidates selected in spot counseling
|9th July 2020|
Closing date for admission
|25th July 2020|
Interview of selected candidates
|31st July & 1st August 2020|
|2nd August 2020|
Start of session/classes
|3rd August 2020|
AILET 2020 Application Form
Candidates are advised to read the complete information regarding the AILET 2020 application form given below:
- The application form is available from 15th January 2020.
- The AILET 2020 application form is available through online mode only.
- Candidates are advised to enter the email Id and mobile number to fill the application form.
- After logging the registration id, candidates have to click on ‘National Law University’.
- Candidates have to fill all the correct details in the application form.
- Candidates have to upload their passport size photograph and signature in the application form.
- Once the application form will be submitted, no correction facility will be provided to the candidates later on.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form for further procedure.
- The application fee can be paid through both (online and offline) modes.
- For online, candidates can pay application fee via debit card, credit card or net banking.
- For offline mode, candidates can pay the fee through depositing cash at the post office.
The application fees for different categories are given below in the table:
|SC/ST (BPL)||Exempted from paying fee|
|Kashmiri migrant/ Foreign Nationals||Rs. 3050/-|
Candidates are advised to check AILET 2020 eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
B.A LL.B (Hons.):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must passed 10th and 12th with a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should have obtained 50% marks in their board examinations.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing their class 10th or 12th can also apply.
- Qualification Exam: Candidates must have LLB or equivalent law degree from any recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have obtained 55% marks (50% for reserve category) in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing for the LLB final year exam are also eligible.
AILET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to check the AILET 2020 exam pattern below:
For UG Course:
- Mode: The exam will be held in offline
- Duration: Exam time will be of 1 hour and 30 minutes (10:00 AM – 11:30 AM).
- Medium: The exam will be asked in English
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice questions (MCQ) will be asked in the exam.
- Total Questions: There will be total 150 questions asked in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Candidates can check the marking scheme below in the table:
For PG Courses:
- Mode: Exam will be conducted in offline
- Duration: Exam will be of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Medium: The exam will be asked in English
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions will be asked.
- Total Marks: Exam will be of total 150
- No. of Questions: 150 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Essay question of 50 marks will also be asked in the exam.
AILET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check the AILET 2020 syllabus with important topics to perform well in the exam:
Syllabus for English:
English section will include the questions from vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, word usage, Para jumble, grammar, reading comprehension and foreign words/ phrases etc.
Syllabus for Legal Aptitude:
In this section important topics are strict liability, law of crimes, torts, vicarious liability, contracts and constitutional law, legal awareness and international law etc.
Syllabus for Reasoning:
Logical reasoning will be based on the topics series, directions, syllogism, analogies, blood relations, critical reasoning and etc.
Syllabus for GK and Current Affairs:
This section will includes the questions from current affairs, sports, awards and honors, internal events, UN bodies, history, general science, economics, geography, civics, eminent personalities and etc.
Candidates can check AILET 2020 preparation tips from below to perform well during the exam:
- Students must attempt as many mock tests as they can.
- Reading the newspaper every day will help with improving the English skills.
- Clear your basics of mathematics and solve the questions on daily basis.
- Candidates must prepare a time table and follow it.
- Candidates should read the current affairs and latest news from many sources.
- Candidates should eat healthy food to stay fit and fine.
Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Amritsar, Bangalore, Delhi, Cuttack, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur, Varanasi, Guwahati, Gandhinagar, Nagpur, Jodhpur, Jammu etc.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
AILET 2020 Admit Card
The AILET admit card will be available to the students those will successfully submitted their online application form. The admit card will be available in the month of May 2020 in online mode.
Candidates can check their admit card by entering registration Id and password. Candidates will not be able to enter in the examination hall without admit card. Candidates are advised to keep their admit card for further admission procedure.
AILET 2020 Answer Key
AILET answer Key will be released in online mode. Exam authority will release the answer key after few days of examination. Answer key will be available in pdf format.
Through the answer key candidates can calculate their scores in the examination. Candidates can take a printout of the answer key for future reference.
AILET 2020 Result
Exam authority will publish the AILET result on the website. Candidates can check their result through online mode. Result will be prepare based on the merit list. The candidates can check their results by entering login details.
Result will be published in the month of May for UG courses and 8th June 2020 for PG courses. The result will include details like name of the candidate, roll number, date of birth, marks obtained by the candidates, etc.
AILET 2020 Merit List
AILET 2020 merit list will includes information about the name and details of candidates selected for the admission. National Law University will release a separate merit list.
Merit list will be declared rank wise and category wise for the qualifying candidates. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of AILET cut off marks. The authority will release cut off for each law programmes.
AILET 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, AILET counselling will be conducted by the authority. Counselling will be held in offline mode at the campus of National Law University, Delhi. Counselling will be conducted on the basis of the merit list.
The candidate who will receive the admission letter from the university will need to report the allotted university as per the time and schedule mentioned on their admission letter.
Once the counselling round is over, NLU Delhi will be conducted spot counselling in which only candidates can participate whose name are present in the merit list. After the counselling round admission procedure will be conducted by the authority. Admission will be based on the merit list and document verification.
The documents required at the time of counselling are as follow:
- AILET 2020 admit card
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- 10th and 12th certificates
- AILET 2020 score card
- Caste certificate
- AILET 2020 admission letter
- Transfer certificate
- Demand draft
- Passport size photographs
For any other query regarding the AILET 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comments below.