CLAT 2023: Application (Started), Exam Date (Out), Eligibility, Pattern
CLAT 2023 Registration has been started from 8th August. Exam Date has been announced. It is a national level law entrance exam that is conducted in offline mode. The Consortium of National Law Universities is the authority to conduct CLAT 2023 exam. Candidates need to apply for the CLAT exam in order to be eligible to take admission to any of the participating universities falling under NLUs.
The candidates will get admission into undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (pg) law courses offered by 22 participating NLUs. The admission through CLAT 2023 will be given according to the merit list released during the result announcement. In this article, we have provided details about CLAT 2023 exam like the application form, syllabus, exam preparation, etc.
CLAT 2023 Notifications – Registration Started
CLAT 2023 Registration has been started from 8th August 2022 through online mode.Check here for application details.
CLAT 2023 Exam Date has been announced. It will be held on 18th December 2022.Check here for exam date details.
CLAT 2023 Highlights
When will be CLAT 2023 registration starts? – 8th August, Check application
How can i register for CLAT 2023? Online mode only
What is new introduced in CLAT exam? CLAT 2023 will be held in same year
Can I check result through offline mode? – No
Will CLAT 2023 be offline? Yes (Pen & Paper based mode), Check exam pattern
How do i prepare for CLAT exam? – Check preparation tips
When will be CLAT 2023 exam conducted? – 18th December 2022 (Revised), Check exam dates
CLAT 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||Common-Law Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||A consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National level|
|How to Apply||Online|
|Courses||UG & PG law courses|
CLAT 2023 Exam Date
Here is the complete official exam schedule for CLAT 2023:
|Online application form availability||8th August 2022|
|Release of First Sample Question Set||September 2022|
|First Open Campus Visit day for registered candidates||September 2022|
|Release of Second Sample Question Set||14th October 2022|
|Second Open Campus Visit day for registered candidates||22nd October 2022|
|Release of Third Sample Question Set||October 2022|
|Last date to submit the form||13th November 2022|
|Admit card release||To be announced|
|Exam Date||18 December 2022|
|Objection against CLAT 2023 Answer key||–|
|Admission closing date||–|
CLAT 2023 Application Form
Following are the complete details regarding the CLAT 2023 Application form:
- The application form for CLAT 2023 is available via online mode from 8th August 2022.
- Candidates need to register for the exam by providing the basic registration details such as name, email id, and mobile number.
- Candidates have to log in to fill out the application number.
- Candidates are also required to upload the scanned photograph, signature & other required certificates.
- Candidates should fill out the form very carefully as once they submit the form, no correction facility will be provided.
- Pay the application fee as per the category candidates belong to.
- Take the printout of the application form for future reference.
Candidates can refer to the application fee given below:
- The application fee can be paid via online mode.
- The payment gateway for candidates who can pay the application fee is a Credit card/ Debit card/ Pay Wallet/ Ru Pay.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- In the table given below, we have mentioned the application fee for various categories:
|General/ OBC/ SAP+ Other||Rs 4000/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs 3500/-|
|Previous year question papers||Rs. 500/-|
CLAT 2023 – How to Apply
Candidates can follow below given steps to fill the application:
- Step-1: Visit the website of the Consortium of NLUs and click on the register button (link is given above).
- Step-2: Enter your email address and phone number for registration.
- Step-3: Login to the site using the phone number and password.
- Step-4: Enter all the details carefully.
- Step-5: Enter preference among the 22 national law universities.
- Step-6: Pay the required amount of application fees.
- Step-7: Upload the important documents.
- Step-8: Click on the submit button.
- Step-9: Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility criteria for appearing in CLAT 2023 exam:
- Nationality: Only Indian Nationals/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored candidates can apply for the exam.
For UG Programme:
- Age Limit: No upper age limit to apply for UG law courses.
- Qualifying Examination: A candidate must have passed class 12th from a recognized board/ university.
- Minimum Marks: A candidate must have secured 45% aggregate marks (40% marks for SC/ST) in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in class 12th are also eligible to apply for the exam.
For PG programme:
- Age Limit: No upper age limit.
- Qualifying Examination: A candidate must have passed LLB or 5-year integrated LLB or its equivalent from a recognized institute/ university.
- Minimum Marks: A candidate must have secured 50% aggregate marks (45% marks for SC/ ST) in the qualifying exam.
CLAT 2023 Quick Links
CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates can refer to the following exam pattern mentioned below:
- Total Marks: The maximum marks for UG are 150 and for PG are 120.
- Duration: The duration of the question paper is 2 hours.
- Type of Questions: The question will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Mode of Exam: The mode of exam will be offline mode.
- Medium: The candidate will have to appear for the exam in the English language.
- Number of Sections: There are a total of 5 sections in the question paper for UG courses.
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and a -0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
For UG Courses:
|English Including Comprehension||28-32|
|G.K & Current Affairs||35-39|
For PG Courses:
|Other Law Subjects such as Contracts, tort, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR, etc.|
CLAT 2023 Syllabus
CLAT Syllabus for UG courses composed of topics such as General Knowledge, English, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude, and Reasoning. Candidates seeking admission to the UG program can go through the syllabus given below:
Quantitative Techniques: Basic Algebra, Menstruation, Statistical Estimation, Graphs, Numerical Information, Ratio, and Proportion, etc.
English: Passages, Reading, Comprehension, Inference, and Conclusion, Summary, Vocabulary, etc.
Current Affairs: Contemporary events of National and International Significance, Arts and Culture, International Affairs, Historical Events of significance.
Legal Reasoning: Rules and passages of law, application of the rules and passages, etc.
Logical Reasoning: Argument- Premise and Conclusion, Inference, Relationships and Analogies, Contradictions and Equivalence, etc.
CLAT 2023 Preparation Tips
The following preparation tips assist the candidates to help in CLAT 2023:
- Go through the CLAT 2023 exam pattern before appearing for the exam.
- Solve as many mock tests as possible to excel in CLAT 2023.
- Analyze your mistakes.
- Focus on your time management skills.
- Learn to remain calm during an extreme shortage of time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CLAT 2023 Admit Card
CLAT Admit card 2023 will release a week before the scheduled exam. The admit card will release through online mode. Admit card contains details like candidate name, father name, category, photograph, signature, date of birth, etc.
The admit card is an important document required during the time of examination. Without an admit card no candidate will be allowed to appear for the examination. The authority will release the admit card for every registered candidate for the examination.
CLAT 2023 Answer Key
The Consortium of National Law University will release the provisional answer key in online mode in PDF format. Candidates can log in to your account using a registered ID and password to view the answer key. CLAT 2023 answer key will release after a few weeks of examination.
If any candidate has doubt or complaint regarding the key questions the same shall be submitted to the authority. Candidates will also get the objection facility for the answer key. The final answer key will be released after the completion of the objection facility.
CLAT 2023 Result
The CLAT Result 2023 will be declared after the conclusion of the exam through online mode. The result will be available on the website and then the merit list will be prepared. The result will be displayed in form of a merit list based on the scores obtained by the candidates in the examination.
Only those candidates will be called for the centralized counselling process whose name appears on the merit list. The result contains details like candidate name, roll number, and marks secured in each subject.
CLAT 2023 Cut off
The cut-off for a participating NLU is the minimum CLAT 2023 score or rank one needs to secure for admission to the institute. Any candidate who manages to secure a score or rank equal to the CLAT 2023 cut-off will get admission in that round.
If a candidate fails to meet the CLAT cut-off for the last round of seat allotment, they are unlikely to get admission. Those who are missing out may be considered in subsequent rounds. The cut-off will be released later after the declaration of result.
CLAT 2023 Counselling
The CLAT Counselling process will only be released once the Consortium releases the dates for all the events related to CLAT 2023. It will be conducted in various rounds through online mode.
Candidates must indicate their NLU’s preference online where they want to take admission by centralized counselling, admission to UG and PG courses in CLAT Counselling participating universities will be done. Based on the merit-cum-preference, the allocation of seats will be done.
If you have any other queries about CLAT 2023, you can ask us by leaving your queries below in the comment box.