GATE 2023: Admit Card (Out), Exam Analysis (Out), Answer Key
GATE 2023 Exam Analysis has been released. Answer Key (Institutional) is releasing soon in February 2023. Admit Card has been released on 9th January 2023. Exam Schedule has been released. It is a national level engineering entrance exam. The Gratitude Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted every year jointly by IISC Bangalore & seven IIT’s. For year 2023, it will be conducted by IIT Kanpur. Admission will be offered to candidates into master’s & doctoral programs in the field of Engineering, Technology, Architecture etc. Candidates will be given admission into PG degree courses such as M.Tech/ M.E & Ph.D courses. Qualification in GATE is also mandatory for candidate’s seeking admission in the various institutions. In this article, candidates can get complete information about GATE 2023 examination.
GATE 2023 Notifications – Exam Analysis Released
GATE 2023 Exam Analysis has been released has been released. Check here for exam analysis details.
GATE 2023 Admit Card has been released on 9th January 2023. Check here for admit card details.
GATE 2023 Institutional Answer Key is releasing soon in February 2023 after the exam. Official answer key will released on 21st February 2023. Check here for answer Key details.
GATE 2023 Response Sheet will be released on 15th February 2023. Check here for answer Key details.
GATE 2023 Exam Schedule have been released. It will be held on 4th, 5th, 11th & 12th February 2023. Check here for exam dates details.
GATE 2023 Mock Test Link has been activated from last year. Check here for preparation tips details.
GATE 2023 Exam will not be conducted on various International test centres due to operational issues. Check here for exam dates details.
GATE 2023 Last date to rectify application is till 28th December 2022. Check here for correction details.
Authority have allowed combination of two new papers in GATE 2023. Also, exam cities list have been updated.
GATE 2023 Highlights
When will GATE 2023 admit card release ? – Released on 9th January, Check admit card
In which mode admit card can be released? – Online mode
Is correction over? Yes.
When will be GATE 2023 Exam? – On 4th, 5th, 11th & 12th February 2023
In which mode GATE 2023 will be held? – Online mode.
GATE 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates must go through following table regarding official exam dates for GATE 2023:
|Notification releases||27th July 2022|
|Application form starts||30th August 2022|
|Last date to apply||7th October 2022|
|Last date to register with late fee||16th October 2022|
|Modification||8th to 14th November 2022|
|Rectification in form||Till 28th December 2022|
|Admit card releases||9th January 2023|
|GATE 2023 Exam||4th, 5th, 11th & 12th February 2023|
|Response||15th February 2023|
|Answer Key releases||21st February 2023|
|Submission of challenge||22nd to 25th February 2023|
|Result declaration||16th March 2023|
|Score card availability||21st March 2023|
|Counselling starts||March 2023|
GATE 2023 Admit Card
Admit card for GATE 2023 has been made available on the official website on 9th January 2023. It has been released through online mode only, admit card does not be sent by post or email attachment to the candidates.
On the day of examination, it is compulsory to bring printout of the admit card along with original valid photo identity proof which is used at the time of registration.
Without hardcopy of the admit card candidates will not be permitted take the exam. Candidates must verify all details printed on the admit card carefully, in case of any mistake immediately contact the official authorities.
GATE Papers & Codes
|Architecture & Planning||AR||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Bio medical Engineering||BM||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Chemistry||CY||Production & Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS||Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|Ecology & Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL|
|Environmental Science & Engineering||ES||Humanities & Social Sciences||XH|
|Geology & Geophysics||GG||Geomatics Engineering||GE|
|Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering||NM|
GATE 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through following details regarding exam pattern for GATE 2023:
- Exam Mode: GATE 2023 will be conducted via online (computer based) mode.
- No. of subjects/ paper: There will be total 29 papers/subjects.
- Questions Type: Question paper will consists of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions.
- No. of Sections: There will be two sections in the question paper i.e General Aptitude (GA) & candidate’s selected subjects.
- No. of Questions: GA will include 10 questions & candidate’s selected subject will consists of 55 questions. There will be total of 65 questions in the question paper.
- Time Duration: Candidates will be given 3 hours to solve the paper.
- Maximum Marks: Question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Questions will consist of 1 mark & 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: In MCQ, 1/3 marks will be deducted for 1 mark MCQ & likely 2/3 for 2 marks MCQ. There will be no negative marking in MSQ & NAT type questions.
Here candidates can check details marking scheme for GATE 2023 examination:
|Paper Code||General Aptitude (GA) Marks||Subject Marks||Total Marks||TIme|
|AE, BT, AG, CH, CE, CY, CS, EE, EC, EY, ES, MA, IN, MN, ME, PE, MT, PI, MH, ST, TF, BM||15||85||100||180 minutes|
|GE (part A + B)|
(section I or section II)
|XE (section A + any two sections)||15||15+(2×35)||100||180 minutes|
|XL (Section P + any two sections)||15||25+(2×30)||100||180 minutes|
|XH (section B1 + any one section)||15||25+60||100||180 minutes|
|CG (part A + part B)|
(Section 1 geology or section 2 geophysics)
|AR (part A + part B)|
(B1: Architecture or B2: Planning)
GATE 2023 Answer Key
GATE 2023 answer key will be released on 21st February 2023. Candidates will be able to check answer key through online mode only. Authorities will release a provisional answer key after conducting the examination.
Response will be available on 15th February 203. Candidates can also raise objections against the answer key from 22nd to 25th February 2023. After evaluation of the answers, a final answer key will be released.
With the help of answer key, candidates can get an estimate idea of their marks obtained in the examination.
GATE 2023 Syllabus
GATE 2023 syllabus has been released by the authorities through online mode on the website. Below we have provided some important topics for some branches:
Civil Engineering: Structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, engineering mathematics.
Electronics & Communication Engineering: Signal and system, digital circuit, analog circuits, electronic devices, engineering mathematics.
Architecture and Planning: Environmental planning and design, building and structure, architecture and design, construction, and management.
Mathematics: Functional analysis, complex analysis, linear algebra, numerical analysis, algebra.
Chemical Engineering: Fluid machinic and mechanical operations, process calculations and thermodynamics, engineering mathematics.
Petroleum Engineering: Oil and gas well testing, petroleum formation evaluation, algebra etc.
Aerospace Engineering: Flight mechanics, space dynamics, engineering mathematics, structures, aerodynamics, propulsion
GATE 2023 Highlights
|Name of the exam||GATE 2023|
|Full-form||Gratitude Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Conducting body||IIT Kanpur|
|No. of subjects||29 subjects|
|Courses offered||M.Tech, M.E, Ph.D etc.|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|Exam mode||Online (Computer based) mode|
|Date of Exam||4th, 5th, 11th & 12th February 2023|
GATE 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates must check following tips & tricks while preparing for GATE exam:
- Make proper notes & study it on regular basis.
- Prepare time table & follow it strictly.
- Know complete syllabus & exam pattern and prepare accordingly.
- Practice from sample papers, mock tests & previous year question paper.
- Do yoga & meditation and keep your mind fresh.
- Take help from best book & study material available.
- Do not get panic. Keep balance & maintain good concentration for study.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
GATE 2023 Result
GATE 2023 Result will be declared by the authorities on 16th March 2023 through online mode. Candidates can check their result through login details i.e. application number and date of birth.
Candidates must check details carefully which will be printed in the result. In case of any mistake in the details, contact the official authority. Do not forget to take printout of the result for future references.
GATE 2023 Score Card
GATE 2023 score card will be released in the website few days after the declaration of result. It will be made available through online mode. Candidates can download their score card from 21st March 2023.
Qualified candidates will be eligible to download their score card from the website. Score card will be valid for three years from the date of declaration of result. Candidates must take printout of the score card and keep it safe for future references.
GATE 2023 Cut Off
Cut Off will be the minimum marks which candidates have to score in the examination. Candidates will be able to access the cut off for GATE 2023 through online mode after declaration of the result.
Cut off marks will vary as per the category of the candidates. It will be necessary to score minimum cut off marks in order to get admission in various participating institutes.
In the given table candidates can check expected GATE 2023 cut off marks:
|Stream (Paper)||Qualifying Marks|
GATE 2023 Counselling
GATE Centralized counselling will be started from the second week of May 2023. Counselling will be organized by CCMT & COAP. Candidates who have qualified the GATE examination will need to apply for the counselling.
Candidates will have to apply separately for COAP and CCMT to get admission to the participated institutes. CCMT counselling will be organized to get admission in IITs, NITs and GFITs while, COAP counselling will be organized for admission to IITs.
In the counselling procedure seats will be allocated to the candidates based on the marks obtained in the GATE 2023 examination. There will be three regular rounds of counselling.
Counselling will be completed in various steps including registration, fee payment, choice locking, document verification process etc.
GATE 2023 Admission
Candidates who get seats in the counselling process will need to report at the allocated institute. Firstly, candidates must download provisional admission letter (PAL). It will be made available online on the website.
Provisional allotment letter will include details i.e. allotted institute’s name and other marks related details. Candidates must bring their original documents with photocopies which will be required for verification.
Final admission will be done after verification of the documents and submission of the admission fee.
Here we have mentioned the documents which will be needed for the verification:
- 12th class mark sheet
- Photo ID proof
- Category certificate
- Passport size colored photograph
- Transfer certificate
- Migration certificate
- Self-attested photocopies of the documents
- Seat acceptance fee proof
- Brith certificate
- Copy of GATE 2023 score card
GATE 2023 Application Form
Candidates must go through following details regarding GATE 2023 Application Form:
- GATE 2023 application form has been made available via online mode. No other mode via post or any other offline medium is applicable.
- Candidates can fill the application form from 30th August 2022.
- While filling application form, candidates must not forget to upload passport size images & signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates can register for the GATE 2023 till 7th October 2022 without any late fee.
- The last date to submit the application form is till 16th October 2022 with late fee.
- Candidates are allowed to appear for any one or two papers from total 29 subjects (papers).
- The application form can be accepted only of eligible candidates, so candidates are advised to check complete eligibility norms before applying for the exam.
- While filling application form, candidates must also choose three exam city as per their choices from the list of examination cities.
- Candidates interested for two papers also have to fill single application form. More than one application form can not be accepted.
- Authority also provide correction facility to edit category, paper & exam city choice for limited time period.
- Once application form can be submitted, candidates must take its print out for the future use.
- Candidates can submit the application fee via online mode.
- The mode of payment includes credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI etc.
- The application fee as per different category is as follows:
|Category||Application Fee (without late fee)||Application Fee (with late fee)|
|Female candidates||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 1350/-|
|SC/ ST/PwD category||Rs. 850/-||Rs. 1350/-|
|All other category||Rs. 1700/-||Rs. 2200/-|
|For Foreign National/ NRI’s|
|Exam centers in India||Rs. 1700/-||Rs. 2200/-|
GATE 2023 – How to Apply
- Step-1: Visit the official website of GATE
- Step-2: To register, candidates have to Click on “Register Here” link on the Home Page.
- Step-3: Fill name, personal details, email ID, contact no. etc. To register for GATE 2023.
- Step-4: Candidates receive an GOAP enrollment Id in the registered mail ID.
- Step-5: Now Login using enrollment ID/ Email ID & password.
- Step-6: Fill other required & asked details and complete your process.
- Step-7: Re–check all mentioned details & then click on, “Submit” option.
- Step-8: Upload passport size photograph & signature in jpg format.
- Step-9: Now submit application fee as per your category.
- Step-10: Once confirmation page gets appear in your computer screen, take its printout & keep safe till further use.
GATE 2023 Application Correction
GATE 2023 Application Correction has been started via online mode. It is made available to edit incorrect details (if any) in the form. Candidates can edit their details after the registration process gets over.
No candidates can edit details once correction process gets over. Candidates can edit any changes in the category, paper & exam city with additional fee payment till 14th November 2022. Also rectification option is enabled till 28th December 2022.
The correction process is the only time opportunity to edit incorrect details. If any candidate fails to make correction in the form, it will lead to rejection.
GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through following eligibility norms before applying for GATE 2023:
Qualification: Interested candidates must have completed study in 3rd year or higher year of any undergraduate degree program in the field of Engineering/ Commerce/ Technology/ Arts/ Architecture/ Science.
Age Limit: There is no age limit to appear for GATE exam.
Course wise Eligibility:
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree Examination||Eligibility||Year of Qualification (not later than)|
|B.E/B.Tech/ B.Pharm||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering Technology (4 year after 10+2 OR 3 year after B.Sc/ Diploma in Technology/ Engineering)||Currently in 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2024|
|B.Sc. Research/ BS||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post Diploma/ 4 years after 10 +2)||Currently in 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2024|
|Pharm D (after 10+2)||6 year of diploma degree program, consisting of Internship OR residency training.||Currently in 3rd/4th / 5th/ 6th year OR already completed||2026|
|B.Arch||Bachelor’s degree of Architecture (5 year course)/ Planning (4 year course)/ Naval Architecture (4 year course)||Currently in 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2025 (for 5 years) & 2023 (for 4 year)|
|MBBS||Degree holders of MBBS||5th , 6th, 7th OR higher semester OR already completed||2024|
|M.A/ M.Sc/ MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Computer Application/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Arts or equivalent||Currently in 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2024|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post B.Sc.)||Post-BSC Integrated Master’s degree program in Engineering Technology (4 year programs)||Currently in 1st/2nd/3rd/ 4th year OR already completed||Any Year|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech or dual degree (after diploma or 10 +2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5 year program)||Currently in 3rd / 4th/ 5th year OR already completed||2025|
|Int. M.Sc. / Int. BS-MS||Integrated M.Sc. OR 5 year Integrated BS-MS program||Currently in 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2025|
|B.Sc./ B.Com/ BA||Bachelor’s degree in branch of Arts/ Commerce/ Science (3 year program)||Currently in 3rd year OR higher grade OR already completed||2023|
If you have any other query about GATE 2023, then you can ask us by leaving your queries below.