IIST Admission 2024: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility Criteria
IIST 2024 Application Form will be started from the first week of April 2024. IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology) organises a national level admission procedure for admission in various programmes. It is a deemed to be institute which was established in year 2007. Admission is offered in Undergraduate, Postgraduate and doctoral programmes in the field of engineering, architecture, science, arts etc. Admission will be provided to various courses based on JEE Advanced, GATE, JEST scores. In this article, candidates are able to know all the details about IIST 2024 including application form, dates, eligibility criteria etc.
IIST 2024 Overview
|Name of the Admission Process||IIST 2024|
|Conducting authority||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology|
|Level of admission||National level|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, PhD|
|Institute type||Deemed Institute, Autonomous|
|Mode of Application||Online|
UG Courses: B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering, B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Avionics) & Dual Degree (B.Tech in Engineering Physics + Master of Science/ M.Tech in one of the following:
- Master of Science in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Science in Solid State Physics
- M. Tech in Earth System Science
- M. Tech in Optical Engineering
PG Courses: M.Tech. in Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics, M.Tech. in Structures and Design, M.Tech. in RF and Microwave Engineering, M.Tech. in Thermal and Propulsion, M.Tech. in Digital Signal Processing, M.Tech. in Control System, M.Tech. in VLSI and Microsystems, M.Tech. in Power Electronics
IIST 2024 Important Dates
In the below tables, candidates can check all the important dates related to the IIST 2024 admission:
|Release of application||1st week of April 2024|
|Last date to submit online applications||1st week of May 2024|
|Display of shortlisted candidates for the branches which have GATE as well as online interview||3rd week of May 2024|
|Display of shortlisted rank list for PG programmes which is based on only GATE score||3rd week of May 2024|
|1st allotment fee payment||3rd week of May 2024|
|Interview for candidates for M.Tech in Earth System Science and Master of Sciences in Astronomy and Astrophysics||4th week of May 2024|
|Rank list for M.Tech in Earth System Science and Master of Sciences in Astronomy and Astrophysics||1st week of June 2024|
|Reporting date at the Institution||Last week of July 2024|
|Classes begins for PG courses||Last week of July 2024|
|Last Allotment (PG Admission)||2nd week of August 2024|
|PG Admission last date||2nd week of August 2024|
|Release of information brochure||1st week of May 2024|
|Application form start||3rd week of June 2024|
|Last date to apply||July 2024|
|Releasing of rank list||July 2024|
|Closing date for modification of branch preferences||July 2024|
|Date of Seat allotment/ acceptance round||July/ August 2024|
|Re-validation of registration of waiting list candidates||July/ August 2024|
|Joining IIST||August 2024|
|Spot admission notification (if required)||August 2024|
|Spot admission registration (if required) only for remaining waitlisted candidates after the last round of seat allotment||August 2024|
|Spot admission registration- online (if required) only for remaining waitlisted candidates after the last round of seat allotment||August 2024|
|Admission Closed||August 2024|
|Commencement of classes||September 2024|
|Induction programme||September 2024|
|Last date for joining||September 2024|
IIST 2024 Application Form
Candidates must check details about the IIST 2024 Application Form in the given section:
- IIST registration will be started from the first week of April 2024 for PG, for UG it will be started from first week of May 2024.
- Candidates will get their IIST 2024 application form through online mode on the website.
- Provide correct and valid details to complete the application process i.e. education, personal, communicational details etc.
- Fill all the details carefully in the application form, no correction facility will be provided later to the candidates.
- Candidates must upload scanned image of photograph and signature in the specific size and format.
- Application form will be filled till first week of May 2024 for PG courses.
- For UG courses, application form will be available till their week of June 2024.
- Take printout of the application form and keep it safe for future references.
- Application fee will only be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to make online payment through debit card/ credit card/ net banking and other online gateways.
- Registration fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable in nature.
Below we have given registrations fee details for all category candidates:
|Male candidates of General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 600/-|
|Female candidates of General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 300/-|
|For all SC/ ST/ PD candidates||Rs. 300/-|
How to Fill IIST 2024 Registration Form:
- Step 1: Visit the official website (link will be given above).
- Step 2: Select Undergraduate or Postgraduate option and then click on ‘2024 Admission’ button.
- Step 3: Click on ‘online application portal’ link.
- Step 4: Now choose your course and click on ‘new registration’ and provide basic details to register.
- Step 5: Enter your login details and complete your profile registration.
- Step 6: After submitting the above click on ‘Branch Registration’ button and fill asked details.
- Step 7: Now, click on ‘Pay Registration Fee’ button and make your online payment.
- Step 8: You can now view your application status, do not forget to take printout of it.
IIST 2024 Eligibility
Candidates must check the following mentioned eligibility criteria before filling the IIST 2024 application form:
- Nationality: Candidates should be an Indian citizen to be eligible for admission. OCI/ PIO card holders will also be eligible to apply.
- Qualification: One must pass 12th level or its equivalent examination from any recognised board.
- Age Limit: Candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1999. 5 years of relaxation will be provided to reserved category.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must obtained minimum of 75% mark (65% marks for reserved category) in their qualifying exam.
- Subjects: It will be required to have mathematics, physics, chemistry with one language subject in 12th level.
- Mandatory Exam: Candidates must have valid score card of JEE Advanced 2024 Exam.
- Qualification: Applying candidates must have graduated in B.E/ B.Tech/ Master’s of Science or its equivalent from any recognised institute/ university.
- Age Limit: Upper age limit will be 32 years as on 2nd May 2024. There will be relaxation in age for reserved category candidates.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must obtain minimum of 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/PWD) in their qualifying exam.
- Mandatory Exam: Candidates must have valid score card of JEST 2024/ GATE 2024 exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
IIST 2024 Rank List
IIST Rank List will be released through online mode on the website. Authority will prepare it category wise and it will be released in third week of May 2024. Authority will prepare rank list based on the marks secured in the national level examinations i.e. JEE Advanced/ GATE/ JEST etc.
In case candidates will secure same aggregate marks then, higher rank will be assigned to the candidates who have secured higher mark in Mathematics/ Physics/ National level exam. Candidates must take printout of the IIST 2024 rank list and keep it safe for future references.
IIST 2024 Cut Off
Cut off will be the minimum marks that candidates have to obtain in order to be eligible for admission. IIST Cut off marks will be decided based on various factors i.e. rank of the candidates, number of seats available, number of students applied. Cut off will be released after few days the declaration of result.
Based on the cut off marks, candidates will be able to participate in counselling. In the given section we have provided the category wise reservation criteria for UG:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other backward class (OBC) belonging to NCL||27%|
|Person with disabilities (PD)||5%|
IIST 2024 Counselling/ Admission
Candidates will be able to participating in the IIST counselling procedure after releasing of the cut off list. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for further admission rounds i.e. interview rounds, document verification etc.
A provisional admission list will be prepared by the authority based on GATE/ JEST/ JEE Advanced marks, interview marks, number of students appeared and preferences filled by the candidates.
After publication of provisional admission list candidates will need to confirm their seat by paying required fee. If candidates will be failed to remit the fee then seats will be cancelled to them and will be offered to next candidate. After confirmation of seats, candidates will need to report at the institutes for completing the admission procedure.
It will be necessary for the candidates to reach the institute with required documents for further procedure. Below we have listed the documents which will be needed for verification.
Documents Required for Verification:
- Class 10th certificate/ date of birth certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Category certificate
- Transfer certificate
- GATE/ JEST/ JEE Advanced score card & admit card
- Adhaar card
- Passport size photographs
- Photocopies of all the documents etc.
If candidates have any other query related to the IIST Admission 2024, then they can ask us in the comment section below.