IIT JAM 2023: Admit Card (Released), Mock Test (Out), Pattern
IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card has been released on 11th January 2023. The exam is being organised on 12th February 2023. IIT JAM (Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test) is a national level exam which is organized for providing admission in M.Sc. IIT JAM 2023 is being conducted by IIT, Guwahati. Admission is offered to the qualifying candidates in M.Sc (2 year), Masters in Economics (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree & other Post-Bachelor’s Degree & Integrated Ph.D courses. The entrance exam of IIT JAM is conducted by various IITs on rotational basis.
Besides IITs, the scores of IIT JAM 2023 can be also used in various renowned institutions like NITs, IISc Bangalore, IISERs, etc. for admission into their PG courses. Through this article, we have provided complete details about IIT JAM 2023 application form, exam dates, eligibility, pattern, syllabus, etc.
IIT JAM 2023 Notifications – Admit Card Released
IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card has been released on 11th January 2023. Check here for admit card details.
IIT JAM 2023 Mock Test has been released. Check here for mock test details.
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Dates have been announced. The exam will be organised on 12th February 2023. Check here for exam dates details.
IIT JAM 2023 Highlights
Who is the conducting authority of IIT JAM 2023 ? – IIT Guwahati
When will IIT JAM 2023 exam organised ? – 12th February 2023, Check exam dates details
When will IIT JAM 2023 admit card available for downloading ? – Released On 11th January 2023, Check admit card details
Is the last date to register for IIT JAM 2023 over ? – Yes, Ended On 14th October 2022, Check application form details
What is the last date to make correction in IIT JAM 2023 application ? – Over On 30th November 2022, Check application correction details
In what mode IIT JAM exam will be held ? – In online CBT mode, Check exam pattern details
When was IIT JAM 2023 notification released ? – Released On 23rd July 2022
For how many papers the IIT JAM 2022 has been conducted ? 7 subjects (Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Geology, Mathematical Statistics & Economics).
IIT JAM Overview:
|Exam Name||IIT JAM 2023|
|Conducting Body||IIT Guwahati|
|Level of Exam||National Level Exam|
|Admission Level||PG courses|
|Courses Offered||M.Sc (2 year), Masters in Economics (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree & other Post-Bachelor’s Degree & Integrated Ph.D|
|No of Session per year||Once in a year|
|Application Mode||Online mode|
|Exam mode||Online CBT mode|
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Dates
Know about various events of IIT JAM Exam Dates 2023 in the below provided table:
|IIIT JAM Events||Dates 2023 (Announced)|
|Starting of online application form||7th September 2022|
|Last date of online application submission||14th October 2022|
|Last date to pay application fee for registered candidates||18th October 2022|
|Commencement of correction||10th November to 30th November 2022|
|Admit card release||11th January 2023|
|IIT JAM 2023 exam date||12th February 2023|
|Release of Answer Key||February/ March 2023|
|Announcement of result||22nd March 2023|
|Score Card||April to July 2023|
|Submission of application for admission||11th April to 25th April 2023|
|Last Date for Receipt of Request for making Changes of Category in Proper Format & Rectification of Defective Documents||–|
|1st Admission List Declaration||–|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for first admission list||–|
|2nd Admission List Declaration||–|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for second admission list||–|
|Opening and closing of withdrawal option||–|
|3rd Admission List Declaration||–|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for third admission list||–|
|4th admission list||–|
|Last date for payment of seat booking fee through online process for fourth/ final admission list||–|
|Closure of admission through JAM 2023||–|
IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card
Candidates can download admit cards from the online website. The link for downloading of IIT JAM admit card has been provided on 11th January 2023. Students must note that if they find any fault in the details of application, they can make corrections by contacting the authority but before the exam date.
No candidate is allowed to enter the exam hall without showing their admit card and Id proof. Admit card mentions details like – name of appearing candidate, exam name, exam date, time, shift, instructions, etc. No admit cards will be sent by offline mode.
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern
Here in below section, we have provided details about the IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2023:
- Exam Mode: The IIT JAM paper will be held in online CBT mode.
- Paper Language: The test paper medium will be English.
- Paper subjects: There will be 7 paper subjects in IIT JAM.
- Time: The time provided to the candidates to solve the paper will be 3 hours.
- Total Questions: There will be 60 questions in the exam carrying total of 100 marks.
- Type of Questions: The paper will have – MCQs (multiple choice), MSQs (multiple select) & NATs (numerical answer) type of questions.
- Exam Sections: The paper will be divided in three section – A, B & C. All sections will be compulsory.
- Marking of Paper: Some of the questions in each section be of 1 mark & some will be of 2 marks.
- Negative Marking: For the wrong answers, 1/3 mark will be deducted for 1-mark questions. For 2 marks questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted. There will be no negative marking in Section B & C.
Distribution of Questions & marks can be checked in below table –
|Sections||No. of questions||Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||30||Multiple choice questions||50|
|Section 2||10||Multiple choice questions||20|
|Section 3||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus
IIT JAM Syllabus 2023 comprises of all relevant science subjects. The questions will be asked from various subjects mentioned below:
The questions will be asked from General biology, biochemistry and physiology, basic biotechnology, etc.
It has the topics such as mathematical methods, kinetics theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, oscillation waves and optics, electricity and mechanism, mechanics and general properties of matter, solid state physics, devices and electronics and modern physics, etc.
This section will include function and one variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory and sequence and series and real number etc.
Chemistry section will contain the questions from solid state, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, mathematical concepts, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, theory of gases, electrochemistry, main group elements, bio inorganic chemistry, basic concept of organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical bonding and shapes, chemical thermodynamics, etc. topics.
It includes probability, matrix, random variables, differential and integral calculus, sequence and series, estimation, limit theorem, joint distributions, sampling distributions, testing of hypothesis, etc.
This section will include geomorphology, the planet earth, structural geology, palaeontology, stratigraphy, petrology, economic geology, applied geology and mineralogy, etc.
IIT JAM 2023 Preparation Tips
Know various IIT JAM preparation tips so as to score well and qualify the exam:
- Go through the pattern of IIT JAM & its complete syllabus.
- Analyze all the topics and make strategy for preparation of exam.
- Note your weak points and work on it for better performance in exam.
- Attempt mock test and solve previous year papers.
- Study materials are available online /offline, make use of it for your better preparation.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
IIT JAM 2023 Answer Key
IIT JAM Answer key 2023 will be made available for downloading from March 2023. Students will be able to download it set wise through the website. After release of provisional answer key, students can also submit their objections (if any) before the last date of submission with proof.
After receiving the objections/ suggestions, the authority will release the final answer key through which evaluation of results will be done.
IIT JAM 2023 Cut Off
The cut off of IIT JAM 2023 will be announced by the authority on the website. The cut off will be released one by one for each admission rounds. The list will mention cut off marks’ category wise for various subjects as per their subject codes.
Only the students meeting the IIT JAM cut off standards declared separately by IITs/ IIsc and other participating institutes, will be offered admission into these institutions. The criteria of tie breaking scheme will be followed in case candidates secure same aggregate marks in the exam.
IIT JAM 2023 Result
The result of IIT JAM 2023 will be released on 22nd March 2023. Candidates can check their results by online mode through the website. IIT JAM results can be accessed by the candidates by entering their login details.
After few days the scorecard will be made available for the candidates to download from 1st week of April to last week of July 2023. No result details or scorecards will be sent to the candidates through post or offline mode.
IIT JAM 2023 Merit List
Merit lists will be published by the authority few days after result declaration. IIT JAM Merit list 2023 can be downloaded by the students from the month of March 2023. The rank list or merit list will be prepared by the authority keeping in view various factors.
Top Rank holders will be given priority for providing admission in top known colleges. For every paper, ranks will be assigned to the candidates. After the candidate’s name appear on the merit list, they will be considered eligible for participation in further admission procedure.
IIT JAM 2023 Counselling
IIT JAM Counselling process will start from 11th April 2023. Candidates will be able to fill the admission forms through online mode. Students who will qualify the exam can submit their admission forms with payment of admission application fee.
The counselling process will be held in various rounds according to seats availability in each round. On the basis of candidate’s rank, the admission will be offered to the students. Students must bring their complete documents as informed by the authority for the document verification process.
Some of the documents are mentioned below which will be required during counselling –
- 10th & 12th Marksheet
- 10th & 12th Pass Certificate
- Qualifying degree certificate
- Marksheets of all semesters
- Category certificate
- id proof, etc.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
Students who are interested to apply for IIT JAM 2023 must check the details about the application form in below given section:
- IIT JAM 2023 Registration has started from 7th September 2022.
- The application form has been made available to the applicants through online mode on the website.
- Students before the registration, must go through complete eligibility and registration instructions.
- Last date to submit application will be till 11th October 2022.
- The documents must be ready with the candidates for uploading as per the prescribed format and size discussed in the applying procedure.
- In case students have submitted their form filling incorrect details, then they have to wait for the correction facility to open to make modifications. Correction facility will open from 3rd to 4th week of October 2022 by online mode.
- Students must note that the application fee is non-refundable in nature.
- Candidates can pay fee through online mode only. Category wise fee is mentioned below –
|Category||One Test paper||Two test papers|
|ST/ SC/ PWD & Female (all categories)||Rs.900/-||Rs.1250/-|
|All other candidates||Rs.1800/-||Rs.2500/-|
How to Fill IIT JAM 2023 Application:
The applying procedure will follow various steps –
- Register online with the link provided above. Enter details – Name, Email id, mobile number, etc. details & submit it.
- Login by entering enrollment id & password generated during registration and fill the application form.
- Fill in details of paper no personal, communication details, exam center, etc. & submit it.
- Next step will be uploading of photograph/ signature/ thumb impression & other documents confirmation.
- Make payment of application fee in the next step using the provided payment gateways.
- After successful fee payment, print the fee receipt and application form.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Correction
Students in the application form details can make corrections if they have made mistakes while filling their application form. IIT JAM application correction facility has been started from 10th November 2022. Last date to make correction is till 30th November 2022.
Corrections are allowed only through online mode by login on the website. Students must note corrections are possible only in some of the fields so students must make changes before the last date. Additional fee is charged for making corrections in the Category and gender details.
IIT JAM 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check about IIT JAM Eligibility 2023 in the below given area for admission into IITs:
- Qualifying degree: Candidates must possess bachelor’s degree. If the candidates have passed without a marksheet, the promotion certificate or document accompanying the promotion certificate duly signed by the Head of the Institute must mention the subjects taken in that semester/ year for evaluation of MEQ requirements for admission to specific program.
- Minimum Qualifying marks: There are no minimum marks set for students to obtain the qualifying exam to be eligible to apply. Students must PASS the qualifying degree.
- Passing Proof: Candidates must have proof of passing the qualifying degree with minimum educational qualifications as discussed by the admitting institute. It must be submitted before the last date prescribed.
- Physical Fitness: Candidates are required to submit a Physical Fitness certificate at the time of admission, from a registered medical practitioner in prescribed form. During admission candidates may also have to undergo Physical Fitness Test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. If candidates are not found physically fit to pursue their chosen course of study, their admission is liable to get cancelled.
- Nationality: Indians as well as foreign nationals with Indian degree are eligible to apply.
If you have any query regarding IIT JAM 2023, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.