JEE Advanced 2020: Exam Date (Out), Application, Pattern, Syllabus
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date has been released. The exam will be conducted by the Seven Zonal Coordinating IIT’s under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). It is a national level entrance exam held every year by IITs on rotational basis. This year, it will be conducted by IIT, Delhi. This entrance exam is a gateway to get admission in Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s, or Bachelor Master Dual Degree Courses. Admission will be provided to exam qualifying candidates in Engineering or Architecture Courses in top institutes of IITs, CFTIs, NITs, etc. Candidates can go through this article to get various details for JEE Advanced 2020 exam dates, application form, syllabus & much more.
JEE Advanced 2020 Notifications – Exam Date Released
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date has been released. The examination will be conducted on 17th May 2020 by IIT, Delhi. Check here for other details.
New Changes Introduced This Year:
- The exam will be held in five countries & USA is added in this list.
- Paper timings has been changed. Paper 1 will be conducted from 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and Paper 2 will be conducted from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below official JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Dates for various events:
|Application form release||1st week of May 2020|
|Application form last date||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last date for fee payment of application form||2nd week of May 2020|
|Admit card releasing||3rd week of May 2020|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Date||17th May 2020|
|Response (copy) to be sent to the candidates||Last week of May 2020|
|Answer key releases||Last week of May 2020|
|Receiving of objection (if any)||Last week of May 2020|
|Result declaration of JEE Advanced 2020||8th June 2020|
|Online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||2nd week of June 2020|
|AAT exam date||12th June 2020|
|Result Declaration of AAT||16th June 2020|
|Seat Allotment starts||17th June 2020|
|Last date for seat allotment||3rd week of July 2020|
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
Candidates must check the following information regarding JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form before proceeding to fill the form:
- JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form will be filled through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the form by first week of May 2020.
- The online registration will get closed by second week of May 2020.
- Candidates are advised to register with working email ID & mobile number at time of JEE Advanced 2020 registration to get login credentials.
- Along with academic & educational details, candidates will also have to fill the exam city preference.
- No correction facility in the application form will be provided by the board so candidates must fill the details carefully.
- Candidates will have to submit scanned copies of all required documents.
Documents to be submitted at time of registration are:
- 10th certificate (for Date of Birth verification)
- Birth certificate (if it is not mentioned in 10th certificate)
- 12th or equivalent examination certificate
- Category Certificate (If SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL)
- PWD certificate (if necessary)
- PIO/ OCI certificate (if applicable), etc.
Mode of Payment: JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form Fee can be paid through online or offline mode.
- For online mode, it will be paid via credit card, debit card or net-banking.
- For offline mode, it can be paid through E-Challan of State Bank of India (SBI) bank in Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page.
Application Fee for Indian National candidates & foreign countries candidates is discussed below:
|Indian National Candidates||Fee|
|Female candidates (all category)||INR 1300/-|
|SC, ST, PWD Candidates||INR 1300/-|
|All other candidates||INR 2600/-|
|Foreign National Candidates||Fee|
|Candidates from SAARC Countries||USD 160|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC Countries||USD 300|
JEE Advanced 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check below JEE Advanced 2020 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the test:
- Nationality: All Indian National (including OCI/PIO) and foreign national candidates will be eligible to apply.
- Qualification: Candidates must have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2019 or 2020.
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored 75% marks (65% for SC/ ST/ PWD category in 12th or equivalent examination.
- Age limit: Candidates must have born on or after October 1, 1993. 5 years of relaxation will be given to SC, ST and PWD candidates.
- No. of attempts: Candidates will only be able to apply JEE Advanced maximum of two times in two consecutive years.
- Mandatory: It will be mandatory to appear in JEE Main 2020 for applying JEE Advanced 2020.
- Performance: Candidates will have to come under the top 224,000 qualifying candidates in paper 1 of JEE Main 2020 (including all categories).
- Earlier admission at IITs: Candidates who will be admitted to any preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2020 will be eligible to apply in JEE Advanced 2020.
- Candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled after joining any IIT will also be not eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2020. However, those paid seat acceptance fee but doesn’t report at center OR cancelled their seat before last allotment round in the year 2019 are eligible for JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the details regarding JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern below:
- Mode: JEE Advanced 2020 exam will get conducted in online (computer-based) mode.
- Medium: The paper will be available in the English or Hindi language.
- Duration: The exam will be conducted for 3 hours.
- Paper: There will be two compulsory papers – Paper I and Paper II.
- Questions Type: Question paper will consist of objective type of questions.
- Subjects: The exam will contain questions from the subjects of – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Marking: There will be negative marking in the paper and will vary for different papers.
Details regarding both papers, their total no. of marks & marking scheme are as follows:
|JEE Advanced 2020 Paper 1 Sections||No. of Questions||Total no. of marks||Marking (per question)||Negative Marking (-)|
|JEE Advanced 2020 Paper 2 Sections||No. of Questions||Total no. of marks||Marking (per scheme)||Negative Marking|
For Architecture Aptitude Test (Paper 2):
- Exam Mode: AAT exam will hold via offline (pen-paper) mode.
- No. of papers: Only 1 paper will be there in AAT.
- Questions Type: Question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Duration: The exam duration will be of 3 hours.
- Medium Language: Question paper will be held in English language.
- Sections: The paper will contain questions from Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
Distribution of no. of questions & total number of marks from each sections is:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total no. of marks|
JEE Advanced 2020 Syllabus
JEE Advanced Syllabus for Paper I consist of questions from the subjects of – Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
Some of the major topics from each subject will be:
Physics: It consists of units & dimensions, speed of sounds, mechanics, thermal physics, electricity & magnesium, optics, modern physics and much more.
Chemistry: Physical Chemistry includes general topics as oxidation, reduction, gaseous & liquid state, atomic structure & chemical bonding, electrochemistry, surface chemistry etc. Inorganic Chemistry includes preparation & properties of non-metals, ores & minerals and etc. Organic Chemistry will include reaction of benzene, carbohydrates, amino acids 7 peptides etc.
Mathematics: It contain topics like Algebra, Matrices, Probability, Trigonometry, Geometry, Integral & Differential Calculus and much more.
For JEE Advanced 2020 Paper II:
Paper II comprise of simple drawing containing lines, angles, triangles and etc., surface texture, relative location, details of its components parts, common domestic or day to day life objects like equipment, furniture, architectural awareness questions, etc.
JEE Advanced 2020 Preparation Tips
Below we have discussed some preparation tips for the JEE Advanced 2020 entrance test:
- Practice from good source of study material.
- Practice by solving previous years question papers and sample papers.
- Take proper rest and eat healthy for good health.
- Go through exam pattern, marking pattern and syllabus to prepare well for the exam.
- Attempt mock tests regularly for analyzing your preparation.
- Prepare short and effective notes while studying.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Centers
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam centers will be in – Gujarat, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra, Ethiopia, Delhi (NCR), Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan, Nepal, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, West Bengal, Sikkim, Tripura, Singapore, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, West Bengal, Bangladesh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Punjab, Kerala, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Chandigarh, Haryana, Puducherry, Sri Lanka, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh and United Arab Emirates.
JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card
JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card will be released in the 3rd week of May 2020. It will be issued through online mode. The admit card will be provided by officials before paper 1. It will contain all the details related to exam like examination center, schedule & much more.
It is mandatory for the candidates to bring admit card along with photo ID proof (Aadhar Card/School ID/College ID/Driving License/Pan Card). Candidates will have to bring same admit card for AAT exam also.
JEE Advanced 2020 Answer Key
JEE Advanced 2020 Answer Key will be released through online mode. It will be releasing after 2-3 days of completion of exam i.e. in the last week of May 2020. For preparatory course, separate category wise merit list will be prepared. Also a common rank list will be generated and released online.
Candidates will be able to check the answer key for both the papers – 1 & 2. With the help of answer key, candidates will be able to assume his/her marks even before the result declaration.
JEE Advanced 2020 Reservation
Check below the category wise reservation for JEE Advanced 2020 in the below table:
|OBC-NCL (Other Backward Classes belonging to Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Person with Disability (PWD)||5%|
JEE Advanced 2020 Result
JEE Advanced 2020 Result will be declared by 8th June 2020. Candidates will be able to check their result through online mode. Candidates will be intimated about the release of results in their registered number or mail id.
Category wise – All India Ranks (AIR) of qualified candidates will be available through online portal after the result declaration. Candidates will be able to check their result by entering in their details like Date of Birth (D.O.B) and application number.
JEE Advanced 2020 Cut Off
The Cut Off of JEE Advanced 2020 will be the minimum marks required to qualify in the exam. Candidates, who will score equal or more than the cut-off marks, will be considered for merit allocation.
The category wise cut-off marks for top 20 percentile will be calculated based on marks of the candidates who will pass their respective boards in 2020. Separate cut off marks will be also released by the participating institutions for admission of the candidates.
The cut-off for PWD candidates will be same as the lowest of the cut-off marks for General, OBC-NCL, ST and SC Categories. The Joint Implementation Committee (JIC) will decide the cut-off marks for clearing the AAT.
JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling
Qualifying candidates will have to participate in JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling /Joint Seat Allocation process (JoSAA). All the seats across IITs, NIITs, IITs and other Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) will be allocated by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSAA).
Candidates will have to fill the course of their choice during this process. IITs will release the list of courses for admission which will be made available at the time of online filling-in of choices.
If you have any query regarding JEE Advanced 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.