JEE Advanced 2023: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria
JEE Advanced 2023 will be conducted in the month of June 2023. It is a national level examination conducted every year by one of seven Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) – IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, and IIT Roorkee in rotational shifts. It is conducted by the seven Zonal Coordinating IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB).
Only the JEE Main qualified candidates can appear for JEE Advanced. Candidates will be offered admission in Bachelor’s Integrated Master or Bachelor’s Master’s dual degree courses. The qualified candidates will be offered admission in Engineering and Architecture courses. JEE Advanced exam will be conducted in a center-based online mode.
There will be two mandatory papers Paper-I and Paper-II, in JEE Advanced exam. The exam duration for each of the JEE Advanced paper is 3 hours. Through this article, candidates can check complete details about JEE Advanced 2023 application, exam dates, eligibility, pattern, etc.
JEE Advanced 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Exam Advanced (JEE Advanced)|
|Exam Conducting Body||Either of the seven zonal IITs Madras, Delhi, Bombay, Kharagpur, Guwahati, Kanpur, Roorkee|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|No. of Papers||2 (PCM in both papers )|
|Exam Duration||3 hours (Each paper)|
|Available Seats||16,000 Seats (approx.)|
|Courses Offered||Bachelors – BTech, BS, BArch Dual Degree – BTech, MTech, BS, MS Integrated Masters – MTech, MSc|
JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Dates
The exam conducting authority will release the JEE Advanced exam dates 2023 on the website. Here are the tentative exam dates in below table:
|Exam Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|JEE Advanced Registration 2023 begins||Last week of May 2023|
|Application Deadline||1st week of June 2023|
|Last date for Payment of the application fee||2nd week of June 2023|
|Admit card release||2nd week of June 2023|
|JEE Advanced 2023 exam date||3rd week of June 2023|
|Candidates response sheet release||4th week of June 2023|
|Provisional Answer Key||4th week of June 2023|
|Deadline to challenge answer key||1st week of July 2023|
|Final Answer Key/ JEE Advanced Result||1st week of July 2023|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) registrations||2nd week of July 2023|
|AAT 2023 Exam||3rd week of July 2023|
|AAT Result||3rd week of July 2023|
JEE Advanced Application Form 2023
Know details about JEE Advanced 2023 Application in below section:
- Candidates need to fill JEE Advanced 2023 application form by online mode through the website.
- Registration of JEE Advanced 2023 will begin from last week of May 2023.
- In the application form, candidates are required to fill in personal, academic and communication details correctly.
- Deadline to fill the application form will be till first week of June 2023.
- While filling application form, candidates must not forget to provide a valid email ID and phone number as all important information will be sent to it.
- After completing the registration process, candidates have to upload the relevant documents and fill in the details asked in the form.
- Candidates have to choose the exam center as per their choice during registration. The incomplete application form will lead to rejection, so candidates are advised to fill the form completely and carefully.
- At last, candidates must take a printout of filled in application form for future use.
Documents required at the time of registration:
- 12th or equivalent certificate
- Category Certificate
- PWD Certificate
- Date of Birth (DOB proof)
- PIO/ OCI Certificate, etc.
JEE Advanced Application Fee:
|Indian Nationals||Female Candidates (all categories)||Rs. 1300/-|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||Rs. 1300/-|
|All other Candidates||Rs. 2600/-|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||The US $ 160|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||The US $ 300|
How to fill JEE Advanced 2023 Application?
- Visit the online website (Link will be mentioned above).
- Login to register with the asked details. Enter all details correctly as candidates will be communicated about the exam through their valid mobile number and mail id.
- Now after entering login details start filling the application form.
- Enter your personal, communication, qualification, etc. details.
- Upload your scanned images – photograph, signature, thumb impression, etc. in specified format and size.
- Pay application fee using the provided payment gateways (debit card/ credit card/ net banking/ UPI).
- Submit the application after verifying all details.
- Print the application and payment receipt for further reference.
JEE Advanced 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check and fulfill the JEE Advanced Eligibility criteria before filling out the application form:
- Nationality: All Indian nationals including OCI/ PIO are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2023. Foreign candidates will be eligible under 10% under the supernumerary seat quota.
- Age Limit: The candidates from the General and OBC categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1998. Five-year relaxation in age limit is provided for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, they must have been born on or after October 1, 1993.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates must have passed class 12th examination or its equivalent for the first time in the year 2023.
- Subject: Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as the mandatory subjects in class 12th.
- Minimum Percentage: The 75% criteria in class 12th or equivalent exam has been relaxed to be eligible to apply for the JEE Advanced exam.
- Number of Attempts: A candidate can give JEE Advanced exam only two times in two consecutive years.
- JEE Main Performance: The candidates must be among the top 2.5 lakh JEE Main qualified candidates to be eligible for JEE Advanced 2023.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2023
The exam pattern of JEE Advanced 2023 includes details such as exam mode, marking scheme, the total number of questions, type of questions, etc. Check complete details:
- Exam Mode: JEE Advanced will be held in Online (Computer-based test) mode.
- Number of Papers: There will be 2 Papers – 1 & 2 (Both Mandatory).
- Exam Duration: 3 hours will be provided for each paper (4 hours for PwD candidates).
- Subjects: Questions in the paper will be from three subjects – Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Type of Questions: There will be MCQs in the paper with single correct options.
- Marking Scheme: As per marking pattern, marks for vary for each correct answer. While negative marking will be done in some of the questions with incorrect responses.
- Language: Paper will be available in both Hindi and English language.
Check in the table below Paper 1 & 2 questions and marks distribution:
|Subjects||No of Questions||Total No. of Marks||Marking (Per questions)||Negative marking|
|Subjects||No of Questions||Total No. of Marks||Marking (Per questions)||Negative marking|
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total no. of marks|
JEE Advanced 2023 Syllabus
The subject-wise topics of JEE Advanced 2023 exam are given below:
- Chemistry: Gaseous and liquid states, Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding, Energetics, Chemical equilibrium, electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, solid-state, solutions, surface chemistry, transition elements, ores, and minerals, extractive metallurgy, preparation, properties, and reactions of alkanes.
- Physics: Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and magnetism, optics, modern physics, etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, matrices, probability, trigonometry, analytical geometry, differential calculus, integral calculus, vectors, etc.
- Architecture Aptitude Test: Freehand drawing, Geometrical drawing, 3-D perception, Imagination, aesthetic sensitivity, Architectural awareness, etc.
JEE Advanced 2023 Preparation Tips
To clear JEE Advanced is tough as the competition is high and candidates have to compete with the top rankers from the JEE Main exam.
Here are some JEE Advanced preparation tips you may follow in order to do well in the exam:
- Practice as much as you can, don’t think much about competition just focus on your preparation.
- Solve previous year’s question paper and mock test to get more familiar with the exam.
- Make short notes of all the important topics so that you can revise quickly.
- Study strictly as per the syllabus, restrict yourself from wasting time on out of the syllabus topics.
- Keep yourself physically and mentally fit during preparation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
JEE Advanced 2023 Admit Card
JEE Advanced admit card will be made available via online mode. JEE Advanced 2023 admit card includes details such as exam date, exam time, center address, candidate’s name, date of birth, category, roll number, etc.
Candidates must carry their JEE Advanced Admit Card to the allotted exam center along with a Govt. approved photo id proof. If a candidate fails to carry the admit card, then the candidate will not be permitted to sit in the exam.
JEE Advanced Answer Key 2023
The concerned authority will release the answer key of JEE Advanced 2023 for both Paper-I and II on the website. Provisional answer key will be released first so that candidates can raise objections to any discrepancy found in the answer key.
After resolving all the objections, the authority will release the final answer key along with JEE advanced result.
JEE Advanced Result 2023
Candidates can check the result of JEE Advanced 2023 on the website by entering the roll number, date of birth, and phone number. JEE Advanced 2023 is expected to be declared online in June 2023.
The candidates who have qualified for the exam will receive a message on the registered mobile number. No result/ scorecard will be sent through post/ email.
The rank secured by the candidates in JEE Advanced 2023 will be the basis of admission to IITs.
JEE Advanced 2023 Cut Off
The cut-off of JEE Advanced 2023 is the minimum score required to qualify for the exam. After the declaration of the result, the authority will release the cut-off on the website.
The separate cut-off will be released for different categories. The counseling process of JEE advanced 2023 will be conducted on the basis of JEE Advanced cut-off marks.
|Category||Minimum Percentage of Marks in Each Subject||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|GEN-EWS rank list||9.0||31.5|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL)||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank lists||2.5||8.75|
JEE Advanced Counseling 2023
The candidates who qualified for the JEE Advanced 2023 exam will be eligible to participate in the JEE Advanced counseling process conducted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
To enroll in the counseling process, candidates have to first complete the JoSAA registration and choose the colleges and courses as per their JEE Advanced ranks. Based on the availability of seats, the counseling process will be held in several rounds.
The document verification process will also be carried out during the counseling rounds.
List of documents for Verification:
The following original documents along with attested photocopies have to be produced at the reporting centers for verification:
- Seat Allotment Letter
- Admit Card of JEE Advanced 2023
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Photo Identity Card
- Class 12th/ SSC/ Equivalent exam Mark sheet and Certificate of passing
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Two passport size photograph
- Category Certificate issued by the competent authority
- Duly filled Medical Examination Report, etc.
If you have any other query related to JEE Advanced 2023, you can ask your query in comments section below.