JIPMER 2020: MBBS Application Form, Eligibility, Dates, Pattern, Syllabus
JIPMER 2020 exam has been replaced by NEET. The exam will be organized by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry. This is a national level entrance exam conducted to offer admission into undergraduate medical MBBS programme. Through this entrance exam, admission is offered in nearly 200 MBBS seats. Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam by obtaining the minimum cut off marks to be eligible for admission in the JIPMER Karaikal and Puducherry campuses or various other affiliated institutions. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding JIPMER 2020.
JIPMER 2020 Notifications – Replaced by NEET
As per the sources, AIIMS & JIPMER entrance exam have been replaced by NEET 2020. NEET 2020 will be the single entrance exam for admission in medical courses as confirmed by Health Minister Harsh Vardhan. Check here for NEET 2020.
JIPMER 2020 Important Dates
Check below all the tentative JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam Dates for various events:
|Starting of online registration||1st week of March 2020|
|Last date to submit the application||2nd week of April 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||3rd week of May 2020|
|JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam||2nd week of June 2020|
|Announcement of result and release of rank letter||3rd week of June 2020|
|Starting of Counselling – First round||4th week of June 2020|
|Second round counselling||4th week of July 2020|
|Third round counselling||3rd week of August 2020|
|Final round counselling||4th week of September 2020|
JIPMER 2020 Application Form
Check all the details related to JIPMER 2020 Application Form below:
- The Online registration process of JIPMER 2020 will start from the first week of March 2020.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must go through the complete eligibility criterion.
- Candidates have to keep certain details and documents ready before filling the application form like personal and academic details, scanned passport size photograph and signature, valid mobile number and email id etc.
- The Application process of JIPMER 2020 will be in various stages – Online Registration, filling the application form, uploading of photograph and signature and paying the application fee.
- The Application form must be submitted before the last date i.e. second week of April 2020.
- All the details in the application form must be filled correctly as no modification or correction in the form will be allowed later.
The Application Fee of JIPMER 2020 for various categories is:
- General Candidates – Rs.1500
- ST/SC/P-SC Candidates – Rs.1200
- OCI/NRI Candidates – Rs.3000
- OPH & P-OPH candidates are exempted to pay the fee
Mode of Payment: Candidates can submit the application fee through debit/credit card or net banking method.
JIPMER 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the JIPMER 2020 Eligibility criterion, before applying for the entrance exam:
- Applying candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Overseas Citizens can also apply provided they have to submit proof of registration as OCI under the Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955.
- Foreign National candidates have to take permission from Medical Council of India prior to applying.
- Qualifying Examination: Applying candidate must have passed his/her 10+2 level exams or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates must have passed his/her qualifying exam with the subjects of Physics, Biology/Biotechnology and Chemistry including English as elective subject.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have passed the qualifying exam with minimum of 50% marks (For UR/General candidates) taken together in all subjects. For ST/SC/OBC and other reserved category, the qualifying marks are 40% together in all subjects. For OPH-General candidates, the qualifying marks are 45%.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates are appearing for their 12th level exams are also eligible to apply.
- Applying candidate must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission. No upper age limit is prescribed.
- There is no age relaxation for candidates of reserved categories.
JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check all the details of JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern below, before starting the exam preparation:
- Exam Mode and Date: JIPMER 2020 entrance exam will be held in the second week of June 2020 in Online CBT mode.
- Number and Type of Questions: The exam paper will contain total of 200 multiple choice questions.
- Time Duration: Total of 150 minutes will be given to complete the exam.
- Language Medium: The exam paper will be in the medium language of English.
- Total Sections: The question paper will contain total of 5 sections – Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English Language & Comprehension and Logical & Quantitative Reasoning.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 4 marks will be given. No negative marking will be done for wrong answers.
Check in the below table, the distribution of questions and marks in the exam paper
|English Language & Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
JIPMER 2020 Syllabus
JIPMER MBBS Syllabus will be based on the topics from five subjects – Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English Comprehension and Logical & Quantitative Reasoning.
It will be based on 11th and 12th level syllabus as prescribed by CBSE and other recognized State Board. Candidate must the check the complete syllabus online before starting their test preparation.
JIPMER 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through the given below preparation tips, to enhance your exam preparation:
- Make a study schedule including all the topics to be studied. Follow the study schedule regularly.
- Analyze your preparation standards by regularly attempting various mock tests.
- To know the exam trend, candidates must solve previous year’s exam papers and sample papers.
- Make study notes and revise all these notes regularly.
- Prepare for the exam from proper study material which is mostly recommended by experts and experienced students.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
JIPMER 2020 Admit Card
Few days before the commencement of entrance exam, JIPMER 2020 Admit card will be released. It will be released in the third week of May 2020 by online mode. No candidate will be dispatched their admit cards through post or courier.
For downloading the admit card, candidates have to enter their login credentials – Application Number and Date of Birth. In case candidates find mistakes in the details of the admit card, they can contact officials to get the problem rectified.
It is compulsory to carry a valid id proof along with the admit card on the exam day to get entry into the examination hall.
JIPMER 2020 Result
JIPMER 2020 Results will be released by online mode in the form of merit list and individual rank card or scorecard. The merit list will be released separately for various category candidates in the third week of June 2020.
The list will include the name of shortlisted candidates, roll number, date of birth and their total percentile scored in the order of their rank. Students have to follow the link of result provided online and click on their category link provided to display the list/result.
JIPMER 2020 Cut Off
JIPMER 2020 Cut Off will be published online after the announcement of results. The cut off will be released for various category candidates. Students have to obtain the prescribed cut off marks as per their categories to qualify the entrance exam.
According to the previous year trends, the expected cut off marks for various categories is described below:
|Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe & Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40|
|General – OPH||45|
JIPMER 2020 Counselling
JIPMER 2020 Counselling process will start in the fourth week of June 2020. To participate in the counselling process, candidates have to register themselves at the allotted counselling venue.
Students have to show their counselling call letters to get themselves registered for counselling. After registration, the biometric finger print verification, photo verification, document verification of the candidate will be done.
After successfully clearing all the verification rounds, students will be called for the seat allotment process. Seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their rank and seat option chosen in respective campus.
Certain documents have to be shown by the candidates at the time of counselling. These documents are:
- Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- JIPMER 20120 Rank Letter
- JIPMER 2020 Hall Ticket
- Birth Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Several Passport size color photographs etc.
If you have any query regarding JIPMER 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.