JIPMER 2020 Result, MBBS Merit, Rank List – Check Result Here
JIPMER 2020 Result will be made available in the third week of June 2020. The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) is the authority which organizes JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam. It is a national level examination. Through this exam, candidates will get admission to the MBBS programme in JIPMER Puducherry & Karaikal campuses. In this article, we have mentioned detailed information about JIPMER 2020 Result.
JIPMER 2020 Result
Candidates will be able to check their JIPMER 2020 result through online mode. The authority will release the list of candidates for those who will be qualified for counselling to MBBS course through online mode. It will be declared in the third week of June 2020 in a PDF format. Candidates must take a print copy of it for further procedure. The marks/percentile scores of individual candidate will be published on the website.
Under any circumstances, no requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will be entertained. On the basis of the result, the authority will publish a separate JIPMER Merit List 2020 for Common (UR), SC, ST, OBC, Pondicherry-UR/OBC/SC, OPH, Pondicherry-OPH & NRI/OCI categories. It will be prepared based on percentile scores.
JIPMER Cut Off 2020 will be published after the result announcement. It will be released in the month of June 2020. Cut off is the minimum marks which students have to obtain to clear the examination.
JIPMER Counselling 2020 will get started from last week of June 2020. It will be conducted through offline mode. Candidates will be shortlisted for the counselling on the basis of the entrance exam scores.
JIPMER 2020 Result Dates
JIPMER 2020 entrance exam will be organized in the first week of June 2020. The exam will be organized through online mode (computer based test). Candidates must view their JIPMER rank 2020 after the declaration of result. It will be declared via online mode in the third week of June 2020. Candidates, those who qualify the examinations will be called for the counselling process.
How to Check the Result
Follow the step by step procedure to check JIPMER Results 2020:
- Go to official website. (Link will be provided above)
- Click on that link.
- A new page will appear on the computer screen.
- Click on the respective category link.
- It will be displayed on the screen in PDF format.
- Check your name in the list.
- Keep a printout of it for counselling/admission procedure.
JIPMER Merit List 2020
The merit list will be released along with JIPMER 2020 result. Candidates can check it through online mode only. Regarding this, no email or written communication will be entertained. The merit list will be based on percentile score after normalization process:
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
Note: Candidates, those scores less than minimum percentile in the examination will not be considered for admission.
It is a procedure to ensure that students are neither advantaged nor disadvantaged by the difficulty of questions for examination is organized in two Shifts. The percentile score for each candidate (shift wise) will be calculated as given here:
Percentile Score Calculation:
In shift wise, the percentile score of each candidate will reflect what percentage of candidates have secured below that candidate in the examination in shift wise.
The formula to calculate percentile score of a candidate as follows:
100 X (No. of Candidates in the group with aggregate mark less than a candidate)
No. of Candidates in the Particular Shift
Note: The percentile score (up to 7 decimal places) will be counted separately for each of five subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Comprehension & Logical & Quantitative Reasoning) & total.
Preparation of Overall Rank/Merit List:
For both shifts, the percentile scores for total marks as given above will be merged & arranged so as to derive an Overall Merit List/Ranking.
JIPMER Tie Breaking Criteria:
In case, two or more candidates will secure equal percentile in the examination, then inter-se-merit will be determined in following order:
- Biology: The higher percentile scores in Biology section will result in higher ranking.
- Chemistry: If Biology percentiles do not break the tie, then higher percentile scores in Chemistry will result in higher ranking.
- Physics: If both Biology & Chemistry percentiles do not break the tie, then higher percentile score in Physics section will be considered in higher ranking.
- English Language and Comprehension: If Biology, Chemistry and Physics Percentiles do not break the tie, then higher Percentile scores in English Language & Comprehension will consider in higher ranking.
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning: If Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Language & Comprehension Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning will be considered in higher ranking.
- Age: In case, the tie exists stills, then candidate having elder age will be ranked higher.
JIPMER Counselling 2020
Candidates, those names in rank list will be called for the counselling process. JIPMER 2020 Counselling will be organized via offline mode from last week of June 2020. In each category, the total number of candidates will be called for counselling 10 times the number of seats available in each category. The exam conducting authority will not send any counselling letter to selected candidates by post or email. Candidates, first have to register for counselling & then go for biometric fingerprint, photo & document verification.
If you have any other query about JIPMER 2020 Result, you can leave your comments in the comment box.