KCET 2024: Application Correction (Soon), Exam Pattern, Syllabus
KCET 2024 Application Correction is starting soon in February 2024. Exam Date has been revised. KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) is conducted to provide admission in various UG courses in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Pharmacy etc. This examination is conducted at state level by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Examination is conducted one time each year. Admission is offered in various courses i.e. B.E/ B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm, etc. Candidates who want to take admission in Medical & Architecture courses must qualify the NEET & NATA exam respectively. Through this article, we have provided details about the KCET 2024 including application form, exam dates, eligibility etc.
KCET 2024 Notifications – Correction Starting Soon
KCET 2024 Application Correction is starting soon in February 2024. Check here for application correction details.
KCET 2024 Exam Date has been revised. It will be now conducted on 18th & 19th April 2024. Check here for exam dates details.
KCET 2024 Overview
|Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
|Level of Exam
KCET 2024 Exam Dates
In the below table, candidates can get to know about the KCET Exam dates 2024:
|Dates 2024 (Announced)
|Application starts from
|10th January 2024
|Last date to submit application form
|23rd February 2024 (11.59 pm)
|Last date to pay the fee
|26th February 2024
|February/ March 2024
|Release of admit card
|5th April 2024 (11 am onwards)
|KCET 2024 exam date
|18th & 19th April 2024
|Release of answer key
|April/ May 2024
|Announcement of result
|20th May 2024
|Commencement of counselling
KCET 2024 Application Form
Candidates must check the given steps to know all the details about the KCET 2024 Application Form:
- Application form of KCET 2024 has been released on the website from 10th January 2024.
- Aspirants can fill their application form through online mode only. No off-line facility is provided.
- Interested candidates should check the eligibility criteria to be eligible for exam.
- Candidates are also advised to check the instructions carefully given in the information bulletin.
- Application process is carried out in different phases i.e. registration, filling of registration form, document uploads & fee payment.
- Candidates must fill all the required details carefully without leaving any section blank. In case of any mistake application might be cancelled.
- Upload scanned image of photograph, signature & parent signature in the JPG/ JPEG format.
- The last date to submit the form is till 23rd February 2024.
- There is no need to send any hardcopy of the application form by post to the authority.
- KCET Correction facility will also be provided to the candidates from February/ March 2024.
- After submitting the application form candidates must take the printout of the same for future references.
- Application fee can be submitted through online as well as offline mode.
- Online payment is done using credit card/ debit card or net banking.
- Fee is non-refundable in any circumstances.
Here candidates can check category wise application fee:
|GM/ 2A/ 2B/ 3A / 3B candidates of Karnataka origin
|SC/ST Category-1 / Females of Karnataka candidates only
|Outside Karnataka state candidates
|Outside India candidates
KCET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the following KCET Eligibility criteria before filling the application form of KCET 2024:
- Qualification: Candidates must passed in 2nd PUC/ 12th or equivalent from any recognised board.
- Marks: Aspirants should obtained minimum of 45% aggregate (40% for SC/ ST/ CAT 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B).
- Subjects: Candidates must have Physics & Mathematics along with chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology and English with one of the language subject in their 12th class.
- Appearing: 12th appearing candidates will also be eligible to apply.
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 10+2 level or 10+3 diploma level from a recognised board/ institutes.
- Subjects: Candidates should have Physics, chemistry & mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Appearing: 12th appearing candidates will also be eligible to apply.
- Score Card: Candidates must have valid score card of NATA 2024 exam.
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th class/ diploma in pharmacy or its equivalent from any recognised board.
- Marks: Candidates should obtain minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% for reserved category) in their qualifying examination.
- Subjects: Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics in their qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Final year or 12th appearing candidates will also be eligible to apply for KCET 2024.
B.V.Sc. & A.H.:
- Qualification: Candidates should pass 10th and 12th class examination or its equivalent from any recognized board.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates must obtain minimum of 50% marks (40% for reserved category) in their qualifying exam.
- Subjects: Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects in qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Candidates those are appearing in 12th class in year 2024, will also be eligible to apply.
KCET 2024 Exam Pattern
In the given section we have mentioned details about the KCET Exam Pattern & marking scheme:
- Mode of Exam: Examination is scheduled to be conducted through offline mode.
- Duration: Total 80 minutes will be provided in the examination.
- Number of Question: There will be total 60 questions in each subject.
- Question Type: Objection type questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: For each correction response 1 mark will be provided.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marks for wrong answer.
Here we have given marking scheme for different subjects:
KCET 2024 Syllabus
KCET Syllabus 2024 will be prepared based on the 11th and 12th class syllabus. Each subject will have different topics. Syllabus will consist of subjects i.e. mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology. We will also update complete syllabus in our article whenever it will be released.
Aspirants must follow the below mentioned preparation tips. These tips & tricks will help the candidates to prepare well for the examination:
- Go through the complete exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make a proper time table and organise your time for each subject.
- Practice from previous years question papers and sample papers.
- Make short notes and do revision on the daily basis.
- Take regular breaks in between your study and drink plenty of water.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
KCET 2024 Admit Card
KCET Admit card 2024 will be made available on the website few days before the examination. It will be released on 5th April 2024. Candidates will be able to download their KCET 2024 admit card through online mode using login details i.e. application number or date of birth.
It will be compulsory for the candidates to bring the hall ticket on the day of examination. Also, identity proof will be needed with the admit card. Without admit card candidates will to be allowed to enter the examination hall. Admit card will contain details such as name of the candidate, exam date, exam centre, time etc.
KCET 2024 Answer Key
Answer key will be released in the month of April/ May 2024. Provisional answer key will be available through online mode. Candidates will also be able to file objection against the answer key on or before the prescribed date. Through the answer key candidates can get an estimate idea about their scores.
KCET answer key 2024 will consist of correct answers of the questions. On the basis of raised objections, final answer key will be provided by the authority.
KCET 2024 Merit List/ Result
KCET merit list will be prepared after releasing of the final answer key. Merit list will contain the list of candidates selected for the admission. Result will be declared through online mode on 20th May 2024. Candidates who have appeared for the examination will be able to check their results.
Candidates can download score card after few days the declaration of KCET result. It can be downloaded from the website via login details. Candidates are also advised to take printout of the result for further procedure. Candidates must verify the details given on the result, in case of any discrepancy in result must contact the authorities.
KCET 2024 Cut Off
KCET cut off 2024 will be released through online mode. Cut off marks will be released with or after the announcement of result. It will be necessary for the candidates to obtained minimum cut off marks to be eligible for admission. Cut off marks will be available separately for all categories.
Cut off marks will be prepared by the authorities based on various factors i.e. total students appeared in the exam, difficulty level of exam, marks obtained by the candidates etc.
KCET 2024 Counselling
Counselling for KCET 2024 will be organised by authority through online mode. It will start from the month of June/ July 2024. Counselling will depend on various factors which include online registration, document verification, seat allotment, issue of admission letter.
Eligible candidates will need to participate in the KCET counselling procedure. It will be necessary for the candidates to participate in the counselling. Seats will be allotted to the candidates based on marks obtained by them in the entrance examination. Candidate must verify all the required documents in counselling procedure. Without verification of documents, seats will not be confirmed to the candidates.
Here we have listed the documents which will be needed for verification:
- 10th class mark sheet & certificate
- 12th class mark sheet & certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Caste certificate
- Identity proof i.e. Adhaar card
- KCET 2024 score card
- KCET 2024 admit card
- Copy of filled application form
- Latest passport size photograph etc.
Participating Institutes of KCET 2024
Following are the list of participating institutes of KCET 2024:
- GITAM Bangalore
- B.M.S college of engineering, Bangalore
- R N institute of technology, Bangalore
- National institute of engineering, Mysore
- J S S academy of technical education, Bangalore
- P.E.S institute of technology, Bangalore
- B V B college of engineering and technology, Hubli
- M.S Ramaiah institute of technology, Bangalore
- Shree Jayachamarajendra college of engineering, Mysore
- Siddaganga institute of technology, Tumkur
If you have any other query related to the KCET 2024 exam, then feel free to ask us in the comments section below.