MAT 2022: Registration (Started), Exam Dates (Out), Eligibility, Pattern
MAT 2022 Registration has been started for March session (PBT) exam. It is a national level entrance test for management aspirants. MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test which is regulated by AIMA (All India Management Association). On the basis of MAT scores, students will get admission in MBA and allied programmes. More than 600 B-Schools in India consider MAT Score Card for providing admission in PG management courses. This exam will be conducted four times in a year, i.e. March, May, September and December month. In this article, candidates can check complete details about MAT 2022 examination.
MAT 2022 Notifications – Registration Started
MAT 2022 Registration has been started for March session exam. Check here for application details.
MAT 2022 Exam Date has been announced for March session. The exam will be conducted on 6th March for PBT and 13th March for CBT mode. Check here for exam date details.
MAT 2022 Exam Dates
MAT exam will be conducted in four sessions in a year. In the table given below, candidates can check tentative MAT exam dates for March session:
For PBT Exam:
|Registration begin||27th December 2021|
|Last date for registration||28th February 2022|
|Admit card release||2nd March 2022|
|Exam date||6th March 2022|
|Declaration of result||March/April 2022|
For CBT Exam:
|Application form released||27th December 2021|
|Last date to apply||7th March 2022|
|Admit card release||9th March 2022|
|Exam date||13th March 2022|
|Declaration of result||March/April 2022|
MAT 2022 Registration
Candidates can check below some important instructions to fill the application:
- Candidates are able to register for MAT exam through online mode.
- MAT 2022 application form has been started from 27th December 2021.
- Candidates must fill all the correct details in the application form.
- Scanned images of photograph (10 to 50KB) and signature (5 to 20KB) will be required to upload in the application.
- Last date to submit the application will be 28th February 2022 for CBT exam and 7th March 2022 for CBT exam.
- No offline mode will be available to fill the application form.
- Candidates must keep the printout safe of application form & fee receipt for further use.
- Application fee payment ca be done through online mode only.
- Students can make payment through debit card, credit card, Net banking, UPI and Paytm wallet.
The application fee for MAT exam is mentioned below:
|Exam Mode||Application Fee|
|For IBT, PBT and CBT (Single)||1650/-|
|For Double IBT, PBT + IBT, CBT + IBT and PBT + CBT||2750/-|
MAT Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application, candidates must check the eligibility criteria given below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates holding a graduation degree are eligible to apply for MAT exam.
- Stream: Bachelors degree holder in any stream can apply for the exam.
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit prescribed to apply for MAT.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final exams of graduation are also eligible to apply.
- Attempt Limit: There is no attempt limit in MAT exam.
MAT Exam Pattern 2022
Here candidates can check the detailed MAT exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be conducted through CBT (Computer Based Test), PBT (Paper Based Test) and IBT (Remote Proctored Internet Based Test).
- Type of Question: There will be 200 objective type questions asked in the exam.
- Duration: Total 150 minutes will be given to candidates to solve the question paper.
- Medium: The medium of examination will be English language only.
- Sections: Question will be asked from Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, Indian & Global Environment.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, one mark will be provided.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
Section wise exam pattern of MAT 2022 is given below:
|Section No.||Section Name||No. of Questions||Time (Minutes)|
|II||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|IV||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35|
|V||Indian & Global Environment||40||15|
MAT Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of MAT examination consist of five sections, i.e. Language Comprehension, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills and Indian and Global Environment. Syllabus for Mathematical Skills is prepared of 10thstandard under CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).
Students are able to check the syllabus through online mode. Candidates must prepare for the exam as per the officially prescribed MAT Syllabus.
Here we are providing some beneficial MAT Preparation Tips, so that candidates can achieve better rank in the exam:
- Firstly, arrange MAT books & other study material and prepare a study schedule accordingly.
- Students must practice to solve questions in given time period.
- Make sure not to answer such questions you are not sure they are correct or not. There is negative marking so don’t take any chances.
- Practice mock tests, practice papers and previous year question papers on daily basis.
- Stay updated with the latest events and happenings going around the world.
- Read different types of articles, it will help you in English and reading comprehension section.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
MAT 2022 Admit Card
AIMA will release admit card through online mode only. MAT Admit Card 2022 will be released on 2nd March 2022 for PBT exam and 9th March 2022 for CBT exam. It will contain candidate’s roll number, exam instructions and test centre address.
Without admit card, no candidates will be permitted to write the exam. Candidates must bring admit card along with valid ID Proof at the examination centre.
MAT 2022 Score Card
MAT Result 2022 for February session will be released in the month of March or April 2022. Students will be able to check their result through online mode. Students have to enter their roll number and registration number to check the result.
AIMA will not release MAT Score Card through offline mode. Candidates are required to download it through the website. Students are advised to keep safe the result of MAT exam till the admission procedure.
MAT 2022 Counselling/ Admission
There will be no centralized counselling organized by AIMA for providing admissions. After downloading the score card, students will have to participate in the counselling separately organized by the participating institutions. MAT Counselling will be started after the declaration of result.
Students are required to carry their documents along with photocopies for the document verification process. Students will get selected for admission on the basis of MAT score, category and availability of seats in colleges.
For any other queries regarding MAT 2022 exam, you can ask your queries below in the comment box.