MAT 2023: Registration, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern, Syllabus
MAT 2023 is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA). MAT is a national-level entrance test. It is conducted four times every year in February, May, September, and December. This exam is conducted for providing admission in PG management programmes like MBA, PGDM etc. Candidates can apply for the examination accordingly by checking all the details of the MAT 2023 examination. There are so many colleges across the country that accept the MAT scores for providing admission in MBA courses. In this article, we have provided all the information regarding the MAT 2023 Entrance Exam.
MAT 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||MAT 2023|
|Full-Form||Management Aptitude Test|
|Exam Type||PG Level|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association|
MAT 2023 Exam Date
Check below the important exam dates for the MAT 2023:
For PBT Exam:
|Registration begin||December 2022|
|Last date for registration||January 2023|
|Admit card release||February 2023|
|Exam date||February 2023|
|Declaration of result||March 2023|
For CBT Exam:
|Application form released||December 2022|
|Last date to apply||January 2023|
|Admit card release||February 2023|
|Exam date||March 2023|
|Declaration of result||March 2023|
MAT 2023 Registration
Here in this section candidates can read some of the steps for the MAT 2023 application form filling process:
- Candidates need to apply for the examination through online mode only. No offline mode will be available for candidates.
- The MAT 2023 registration will start in the 1st week of December 2022. Once the application is filed, the candidate must ensure for submitting the form through the online process.
- Candidates must upload the scanned copy of their passport size photograph and signature. Make sure to upload all the required details in the prescribed format only.
- The last date for submitting the application form will be in January 2023.
- Candidates need to pay the application form fee online mode via Debit card, Credit card, and Net Banking.
- Take the printout of the application form and the payment receipt for future reference.
- MAT 2023 application fee will be payable through online mode using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- The application form fee will not be refundable to any candidates.
- All the candidates who wish to register for MAT 2023 entrance exam are required to pay the application fee as follows:
|Mode of Exam||Application Fee|
|For PBT – Paper Based Test||Rs. 1650|
|For CBT – Computer Based Test||Rs. 1650|
|For PBT & CBT both||Rs. 2750|
How to Apply for MAT 2023
- Step-1: The candidates have to log in and for filling the application, you should have a valid email id and mobile number for applying online to receive OTP for verification.
- Step-2: Candidates have to log in to their account to complete the registration process and click submit button.
- Step-3: Select exam mode, test city choices, payment mode, and process the payment through Debit card/ Credit card/ Net Banking/ Wallet or UPI and click save and next.
- Step-4: Upload a photograph which must be a recent color photo and sign on white paper with a black pen and scan it on .jpg or .jpeg format.
- Step-5: Fill in personal particulars, qualifications and experiences, and choices for management institutes (MI). In case you wish to edit any information, log in again using the same email id, date of birth, and password and click on save.
MAT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to pay attention to the MAT eligibility criteria before applying for the entrance examination. The required eligibility criteria for appearing in the exam are:
- Qualification: Candidates must possess a graduation degree in any discipline.
- Age Limit: There is no specific age limit prescribed for appearing in the MAT exam.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final exam are also eligible to apply.
- Number of Attempts: No such limit is specified for appearing in the MAT exam.
MAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check MAT exam pattern below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted on both modes Computer Based Test (CBT), Paper Based Test (PBT) and IBT mode.
- Type of Questions: The question will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 2 and half hours for solving the paper.
- Sections: There is a total of 5 sections in the paper.
- Total Questions: There will be a total of 200 questions in the paper.
- Marking Scheme: There will be 1 mark for every correct answer and -0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
Subject wise Distribution of Question Paper:
|Section||Subject||No. of Question|
|I||Language and Comprehension||40|
|III||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40|
|IV||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40|
MAT 2023 Syllabus
Here is the syllabus for the MAT 2023 entrance examination:
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency: Data tables, data charts, bar diagrams, and charts including simple, stacked, composite bar, pie charts, Graphs, Data Analysis, Data Comparison among others, caselet-based data, Venn diagram, data sufficiency.
- Indian and Global Environment: Business and Economics, Current GK, Basic on the current reading newspaper and periodical, Devaluation and up the valuation of the rupee, business, national and international events.
- Mathematical Skills: Arithmetic, Interest, Speed, Time and Distance, Time and Work, Averages, Number system, Mixture and Allegation, Unitary Method, Commercial math, permutation and combination, ration and proportion, Number system, Elementary mathematics, etc.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Fact interference, passage, conclusion, analogy, statement argument, clocks, calendars, binary logic, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, team formation, cubs, rows, network diagrams, quantitative reasoning, Puzzles, Logical Reasoning, critical reasoning.
- English: Comprehension of Passage, Synonyms, Proverb, Sentence Correction, Antonyms, Punctuations etc.
MAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Here we are providing some beneficial MAT Preparation Tips so that candidates can achieve a better rank in the exam.
- Firstly, arrange MAT books & other materials and prepare a study schedule accordingly.
- Students must practice solving questions in the given period.
- Make sure not to answer such questions if you are not sure they are correct or not. There is negative marking so don’t make any mistakes.
- Practice mocks tests, practice papers, and previous year question papers on a daily basis.
- Stay updated with the latest events and happenings going around the world.
- Read different types of articles, it will help you a lot to improve in English and the reading comprehension section.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
MAT 2023 Admit Card
The MAT Admit card will be released in February 2023 (PBT) through online mode. If a candidate wants to download the admit card they must have a form number, a valid email ID, and a Date of Birth. All these important details will be mandatory to download the admit card.
The candidate will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without having a valid admit card. The admit card contains the candidate’s name, exam location, roll number exam date, and time. All the instructions regarding the examination hall will be given on the admit card.
MAT 2023 Score Card
The MAT Result 2023 will be announced in the month of March 2023 through online mode. The result will release for PBT, CBT, and IBT mode on the website of AIMA. All candidates who have appeared in MAT 2023 exam can check their scorecard.
For both modes, MAT score cards will be obtained by using their application form number and a roll number of candidates. The validity of the MAT examination 2023 scorecard will be for one year, from the examination session chosen by the candidate.
MAT 2023 Counselling Process
The counselling process for the MAT 2023 will be conducted by the participating institutes as AIMA does not conduct any MAT counselling process. The process of counselling will commence after the declaration of the result and be followed by Group Discussion and personal interview.
Candidates are required to carry their documents along with them for the verification process. The candidates will get selected for admission based on their MAT score, category, and availability of seats in colleges.
Candidates must have to carry the following documents at the time of counselling process:
- MAT 2023 Admit Card
- MAT 2023 Score Card
- Mark sheets of 10thand 12th.
- Graduation Mark sheet.
- Passport size photograph.
- Candidate Identity Proof.
For any other queries about MAT 2023 exam, you can ask us by leaving your comments below.