MH CET 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MH CET 2020) is conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell, Government of Maharashtra. It is a State level entrance test organized every year to offer admission in various government and private institutions situated in the state of Maharashtra. Candidates successfully qualifying the entrance exam are provided admission in Engineering, Agriculture & Pharmacy programmes. As per the changes made by DTE Maharashtra, MH CET will be conducted in online CBT mode. Through this article we have provided all the details related to MH CET 2020.
MH CET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the complete details related to MH CET 2020 below:
- MH CET Application Form 2020 will be released by online mode in the 2nd week of February 2020 tentatively.
- Complete registration process can be done online through the website by the candidates.
- Before filling the application form candidates must read the information brochure of MH CET available on the website.
- The registration process includes the application form filling, uploading of documents and application fee payment.
- Last date to fill and submit the application form is expected till 4th week of March 2020.
- In case more than one application forms are submitted, the Board will treat the last submitted application form as valid.
Candidates can pay the application fee by online system through internet banking/debit/credit card.
The Application Fee to be paid by various categories is described below:
|General/J&K Migrants/OMS candidates||Rs. 800|
|ST/SC/OBC/PWD/NT/SBC candidates||Rs. 600|
MH CET 2020 Important Dates
In the given below table we have provided the tentative schedule of MH CET 2020.
|Starting of Online Registration||2nd week of February 2020|
|Last date to fill and submit the Online application||4th week of March 2020|
|Release of Admit card||4th week of April 2020|
|MH CET 2020 Exam||2nd week of May 2020|
|Declaration of Results||1st week of June 2020|
|Starting of Counselling||1st week of June 2020|
MH CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the complete eligibility criteria of MH CET 2020 given below before filling the application form:
- Nationality: Applying candidate must be Indian national.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed his/her 10+2 level exam or its equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Qualifying Marks: Applying candidate must have secured minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved categories) in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam can also apply.
MH CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern of MH CET 2020 given below:
- Exam Mode: MH CET 2020 will be organized in online CBT mode.
- Number and Type of Questions: There will be three question papers with multiple choice questions.
- Total Marks: Each of the question paper will be of 100 Marks.
- Time Duration:Time duration for each paper will be of 90 minutes.
- Syllabus: The Syllabus of the exam will be set from the subjects of Physics, Mathematics/Biology and Chemistry.
- Marking Scheme:In Paper 1, +2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. In Paper 2 and 3, +1 mark will be awarded for each answer. There will be no negative marking.
MH CET 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus of MH CET 2020 will contain various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
The topics from Physics subject are – Measurements, Scalars and Vectors, Friction in solids and liquids, Force, Ray optics, Refraction of Light, Magnetic effect of electric current, Magnetism, etc.
The topics from Chemistry subject are – Some basic concepts of chemistry, Redox reaction, States of matter: Gases and liquids, Surface chemistry, Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry, Nature of chemical bond, Hydrogen, S-Block elements (Alkali and alkaline earth metals), Alkanes, etc.
Trigonometric functions, Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles, Relations and Functions, Factorization Formulae, Circle and Conics, Straight Line, Sets, Sequences and series, Probability, etc.
Botany – Diversity in organisms, Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition,Plant Growth and Development, Biochemistry of cell.
Zoology – Organization of Cell, Human Nutrition, Animal tissues, Human Respiration.
MH CET 2020 Preparation Tips
To score well and qualify MH CET 2020, candidates can take help of the given below preparation tips:
- Before starting the preparation, make a proper timetable for the exam preparation.
- Review the complete syllabus and understand the exam and marking pattern.
- While preparing for the exam make short and brief notes.
- Attempt various online or offline mock tests.
- Revise all the studied topics at the end of the day.
- Solve previous year’s papers or sample papers.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
MH CET 2020 Admit Card
MH CET 2020 Admit card will be published on the website after the successful registration process. To download the admit card, visit the website and enter your roll number/registration id and password/date of birth.
After downloading the admit card, candidates have to affix their recent photograph in the admit card.
The admit card is expected to be released on the website in the 4th week of April 2020. Candidates on the exam day must carry their admit card with a valid photo id proof to get entry into the examination hall.
The details in the admit card will be printed as per the details filled during the submission of application form. In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, contact the officials.
MH CET 2020 Answer Key
After the exam commencement, the Board will publish the answer key on the website. In order to calculate marks, candidates have to make use of Answer key and the marking pattern of the exam.
With the help of Answer Key, candidates will be able to predict their scores in the entrance test. Candidates can download the Answer key from the website by entering the details like User Id and Password.
MH CET 2020 Result
MH CET 2020 Result will be released on the website in the 1st week of June 2020. Candidates will be able to check their results and download the scorecards from the website.
To check the result candidates have to enter the application number and password. No candidates will be sent scorecards through post or any other offline mode.
The Scorecard will contain the name, application number, Parents name, category, Section wise score and overall percentile of the candidate.
According to the marks of the candidate, merit list will be published by the Board on the website. Qualified candidates will be shortlisted in the merit list for counselling process.
MH CET 2020 Counselling
MH CET 2020 Counselling Process will start after shortlisting the eligible candidates in the merit list. Candidates will be able to participate in the counselling process in the 1st week of June 2020.
The Board will conduct Centralized Admission Process (CAP) in various rounds. According to the rank of the candidates admission will be provided to the candidates.
During the counselling process, seat allotment and document verification of the candidates will be done. Candidates must carry their all the required documents for verification.
If you have any query related to MH CET 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.