NEET 2021: Counselling (Started), Merit List, Cut Off, Admission Process
NEET 2021 Final Seat Allotment (Mop-up Round) has been released on 24th March 2022. NTA (National Testing Agency) is the agency which is responsible for organising NEET entrance test every year. The no. of test cities has been increased from 155 to 198. It is a national level entrance test conducted to offer admission into MBBS /BDS courses.
The exam of NEET 2021 has been conducted on 12th September 2021. In this article, we have provided complete details related to NEET 2021 result, counselling, cut off etc.
NEET 2021 Notifications – Allotment Released (Mop-up Round)
Check here for complete details about NEET 2021 allotment and admission. Click here to view details.
NEET 2021 Final Seat Allotment (Mop-up Round) has been released on 24th March 2022. Check here for counselling details.
Get all exam details and latest updates about NEET 2022 from here.
NEET 2021 Counselling Registration (2nd Round) has been started from 16th February 2022. Check here for counselling details.
NEET 2021 Final Allotment Result for first round has been released on 2nd February 2022. Check here for allotment details.
NEET 2021 Counselling Fresh Registration has been started from 28th January 2022. Check here for counselling details.
NEET 2021 Result has been declared on 1st November 2021. Check here for result details.
NEET 2021 Final Answer Key (Official) has been released on 1st November 2021. Check here for answer key details.
NEET 2021 Highlights
When will NEET Counselling starts? – Started, On 19th January, Check counselling
When will be NEET Result declared? – Announced, 1st Nov, Check result
How can i check my result? – Online mode only
Single National Level Medical Exam? – Yes
NEET 2021 Online or Offline? – Offline
Twice in a Year? No, One time only
What is Passing Mark for NEET 2021? 120 to 180 out of 720 (approx for Gen), Check exam pattern
Can I get admission in MBBS with 400 marks in NEET? Yes (quite good score for first-tier private colleges but a bit low for Govt colleges. 480+ is good score for Govt colleges)
NEET 2021 Exam Dates
Students can know below complete NEET Exam dates related to various events like application process, application correction, admit card, etc.
|Events||Dates 2021 (Announced)|
|Release of Application||13th July 2021|
|End of application process||10th August 2021|
|Last date to submit application fee through debit/ credit card/ net banking/ UPI/ Paytm||10th August 2021|
|Correction window opens||11th to 14th August 2021|
|Submission of exam fee||13th to 15th August 2021|
|Announcement of exam city||20th August 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||6th September 2021|
|NEET 2021 Exam||12th September 2021|
|Application correction in phase 1 & 2||Till 26th October 2021|
|Availability of Answer key||15th October 2021|
|Declaration of Result||1st November 2021|
|OMR sheet||10th November 2021|
|Starting of Counselling||19th January 2022|
NEET 2021 Counselling
NEET Counselling has been started from 19th January 2022 through online mode. The counseling of NEET is organized by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) and MOHFW (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare). Centralized counselling is organized every year by MCC for the NEET qualified candidates.
In the counselling process, students must have to register for counselling, make choice and lock it, allotment of seat and report at the allotted college. Provisional allotment result for first round has been released on 27th January 2022.
Final result for first round has been released on 2nd February 2022. Counselling registration for second round has been started from 16th February 2022. Seat allotment has been released on 25th February 2022.
Final seat allotment has been released on 27th February 2022. Counselling registration for mop-up round has been started from 10th March 2022. Final seat allotment for mop-up round has been released on 24th March 2022.
Students also have to submit their original /photocopies of documents or certificates. These documents are:
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Mark Sheets
- NEET Rank Card/ Rank Letter
- NEET Admit Card
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- 8 Passport size photograph
- Birth Certificate
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Identity Proof, etc.
NEET State Counselling 2021
NEET counselling for the state quota is regulated by the respective authority of the state. It is organized separately by the state authorities. In some states like Karnataka, Maharashtra & others, counselling process has been started.
To appear in the NEET State Counselling 2021, candidates are required to register at the respective state medical counselling portal. Counselling registration can be done via online mode through the website.
NEET 2021 Cut Off
NEET Cut Off will be decided based on various factors – difficulty level of the exam, number of candidates appearing for exam, performance of the students in the test, etc. The cut off will be released with the release of result or after it.
The expected cut off marks of NEET 2021 as per the latest trends is 50% marks for general candidates, 45% marks for PH candidates and 40% for reserved category candidate.
NEET 2021 Merit List
After the result announcement the NEET merit list is displayed online on the website. The merit list is prepared by NTA as per the directions of DGHS, DCI and MCI. As per the merit list of NEET UG, the admission will be done based on AII India Rank for admission into MBBS and BDS courses.
A merit list is displayed by NTA containing the name of successful candidates who have opted for 15% All India quota seats.
NEET 2021 Result
To get NEET Result, students are required to enter their login details – Roll number & date of birth. The result has been made available through online mode on 1st November 2021. The result is prepared and published on the basis of revised answer key released by the authority.
Category wise result sheet can not be prepared and published on the website. Also, the authority will not be responsible for providing the result through offline mode. After result has been displayed online students must print it for further use in admission procedure.
NEET 2021 Reservation
Reservation will be applicable for various categories and cast as per the rules and regulations prescribed by the Government. The criteria for reservation of seats in various government medical colleges under 15% All India quota will be:
NEET 2021 Answer Key
NTA has released NEET answer key on 15th October 2021 by online mode on the website. The answer key has been released first in provisional basis. A link is provided on the website to download the answer key along with the OMR answer sheets.
Students are also allowed to make challenges against the answer key. OMR sheets has been released on 10th November 2021.
Answer keys has been released by various institutes. For each challenged question, students will be required to pay sum of Rs.1000 as processing fee. Fee can be paid by the students through online mode. Students will get refund of this fee if the challenge made by candidate will be found true. After this, final answer key will be released on the website.
NEET 2021 Admit Card
Students are able to download NEET admit card on 6th September 2021 (3 days prior to the exam). NEET admit card can be downloaded by online mode from NTA website. The admit card is not provided to the students by post and can only be obtained by entering their login details.
The copy of admit card in PDF format will be also sent to the candidates in their registered mail id. Students should also check complete details present in the admit card to be true and accurate. In case of mistake in any of the details present in the admit card, students must contact officials to get it corrected before the exam date.
What should I Study for NEET? Check Exam Pattern & Syllabus
|NEET Exam Dates||Counselling|
Click here to check more Frequently Asked Questions.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
NEET 2021 Application Form
Know complete details related to NEET 2021 Application Form in the below given section:
- NEET 2021 Application process has been completely carried out through online mode. No other mode for application will be entertained.
- The application form has been started from 13th July 2021. Last date to fill application form is till 10th August 2021.
- Application form for phase 2 has been started from 1st to 10th October 2021.
- The application process is divided into two sets/ phases – the first set is to be filled by the students before the last date of submission of application.
- The second set of details have to be submitted by the students before the declaration of result/ scorecard. Complete details must be filled at the respective time.
- Candidates are advised to submit only one application form as multiple application submission may lead to rejection of form.
- Students at the time of registration are instructed to register with their valid email id and mobile number as all the communication or other details will be sent to it.
- The application process will go through various steps – Online registration, filling up of details in the application, uploading of scanned image of photograph & signature, making payment of application fee and printing of application & fee payment receipt.
- Students, who have made mistakes while filling the application form of NEET, will be able to make correction in the details of application from 11th August to 14th August 2021.
- Candidates are able to submit application form from 13th to 15th August 2021.
- Sending of printed application form to the board will not be required.
Payment Mode: NEET 2021 Application fee payment can be done through online mode. For online mode, it is possible through debit/ credit card/ net banking/ UPI using state bank of India/ HDFC bank/ ICICI bank method.
|Category||Application Fee||Outside India|
|General EWS/ OBC category||Rs.1400|
|ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender category||Rs.800|
NEET 2021 Application Correction
The applicants of NEET 2021 are able to make correction in the NEET application form. The NEET Application correction has been started from 11th August to 14th August 2021. Students are able to make correction through online mode.
Application correction has been started in phase 1 from 1st October to 10th October 2021.
The correction in the details of application will be allowed only in some of the fields. The complete details related to editable and non-editable fields will be informed by the candidates on the website. Also students will be informed regarding correction on their mail id & phone number through SMS.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Students must check complete details related to NEET Eligibility in the below given section before applying for it:
- Candidates who are Indian Nationals/ PIO/ NRIs/ OCI/ Foreign nationals are eligible to apply through NEET for admission in various Medical/ Dental institutions as per the framed regulations.
- Foreign nationals are required to confirm their eligibility clauses from respective Medical or Dental College of the state.
- J&K migrants are eligible to apply under the 15% All India Quota only through self declaration basis.
- Applicant must have completed 17 years of age during admission or before 31st December of the year of admission. As per the lower age limit criteria students must be born on or before 31st Dec 2004.
- There is no upper age limit criteria. (Decision in upper age limit is pending, so all the candidates are eligibility to apply).
- There is no limit on number of attempts to apply for NEET.
- Qualifying Exam: Students should have passed 12th level or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Students should have passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English as mandatory subjects in 12th level.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates in the 10+2 level should have obtained 50% marks taken together in PCB. Those who belong to unreserved/ ST/SC/OBC category should have obtained 40% marks and for PWD candidates, it is 45% marks.
- Foreign nationals: Students who have been educated abroad and are planning to take admission in medical colleges of India should have passed their 12th level with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology & English subjects with 50% marks recognized by AIU as per MCI regulations.
- Appearing: Students appearing in the 12th level exams will be also eligible to apply for NEET.
For B.Sc. Nursing:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th level exam from any recognised institutes.
- Subjects: Candidates must have physics, chemistry, biology & english subjects in their qualifying exam.
- Marks Criteria: Students must have passed in the subject of PCB & English individually & must have obtained 45% (40% marks for SC/ ST & OBC) marks taken together in PCB & English.
- Age Limit: Minimum age limit will be 17 years as on 31st December 2021.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
Students can know details about NEET Exam pattern in the below given section:
- Mode of Paper: The NEET 2021 paper has been held in offline – Pen and paper mode.
- Sections: There will be two section in each subject.
- Language: Paper will be available in 13 languages – English, Hindi, Malayalam, Punjabi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, Marathi, Odia, Assamese, Telugu, Urdu and Kannada.
- Time Duration: 3 hours will be given to complete the paper.
- Type of Questions: The paper will have objective type of questions.
- Number of questions: There will be total of 200 questions in the paper.
- Total Marks: The exam will be of total 720 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct answer. For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- Choices will be provided in section B for each of 4 subjects.
Know distribution of questions and marks for NEET paper in the below given table:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
NEET 2021 Syllabus
The Syllabus of NEET 2021 will be prescribed by Medical Council of India (MCI). Students will be able to prepare for the entrance test from Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects studied in 11th and 12th level.
Below candidates can check some of the important topics that may be included in the NEET Syllabus:
It will contain Laws of Motion, Electromagnetic Waves, Electrostatic, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Electronic Devices, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Properties of Bulk Matter, etc.
Some topics will be some basic concept of chemistry, Hydrogen, Equilibrium, Alcohols, Electro Chemistry, P-Block Elements, Surface Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Phenols and Ethers, etc.
Some basic topics will be Human Physiology, Reproduction, Plant Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Ecology & Environment, Diversity in Living World, Biology and Human Welfare, etc.
NEET 2021 Preparation Tips
Students can know various NEET preparation tips below which will help them in qualifying the exam with a good score:
- Know complete information about the NEET syllabus and exam pattern. Also, briefly understand the marking pattern of the exam.
- Solve sample papers and take mock tests to analyze the preparation standard of NEET.
- Prepare for the exam through good source of study material which is highly recommended by the teachers and other experienced professionals.
- Make notes and write down all the important points. Don’t forget to go through these notes.
- Make timetable for exam preparation & follow it in a disciplined manner for exam preparation.
NEET Exam Instructions & Dress Rules
If you have any other query regarding NEET 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.
What is the date of 2021 neet exam
NEET official didn’t announce any details regarding 2021 session.
Neet ka exam kitne attempt de sakta hu.
please sir reply the answer.
Can I join the course after my class 10 is over
No, applying candidates must have passed 12th or its equivalent exam.
Will Neet-UG 2021 be held in online mode and twice in a year like jee-main??
I’am a native Indian student studying outside India. I wish to appear for Neet 2021. but I have a very little idea about Neet exam pattern, purpose, date etc.. . I browse a lot to find more about it but the only result is that I get more confused with a lot of information’s. Can you help me in this…
My 12th percentage is 72.4percentage..will I get merit seats if I score above 500 in the coming neet examination
I am Nihal ahmad.I have passed class12. I have wanted medical courses from the AMU university so I am waiting application form releasing of the AMU university
I passed my (10+2)by PCM as main subject and biology as an optional subject am I eligible for neet 2021?
Yes, you will be eligible for NEET 2021.
Mira nema jayesh govar hu me 12th pass hu
Obc age limt in Neet 2021
1)When will be conducted NEET for 2021
2)Please upload for syllabus 3)Either to be reduced or full portions
Please inform as early as possible
NEET 2021 Application Form are yet to release and so far, there is no official confirmation on syllabus reduction.
Neet ke syllabus jitana reduce hua he uska pdf mil sakata he kya? Only reduced topics
NEET 2021 syllabus reduction is not official yet, so official list of reduced topics are not available yet.
Can we choose colleges for mbbs if we qualify neet
Sir mene ITI m registration kiya thaa 13 sep ko lekin abhi tak uska koi msg nhi aaya
I’m 24 year old am I eligible for NEET 2021??
Can I get the NEET 2021 syllabus?
Sir,do nta organise meet mock test on 2021 exam.
सर मेरी जन्म तिथि 24/08/2017 है क्या मैं 2021 के निट के लिए योग्य हूं।
When will be exam heald sir
We will update all information about it when authorities will release it. You must be with us to know latest updates about it.
I want to ask is there any reduction in NEET 2021 syllabus??
We have paid fees for neet but didnot enter to exam because we donot know date of exam because our mobile is not worked on exam time no one inform us about exam what to do sir we are from poor family
What’s the salary package after completing bds in chattisgarh state
Sir 1 scored 120 marks acc to allen key in 2021 can i get counseling
It will be notified to you by the officials.
What’s the syllabus for 2021 neet?
When will Neet entrance result is announced
Reduced syllabus will be relased on
There is any reduction in syllabus of 2021 neet???
Neet 2020 is held on September. Is as usual the neet 2021 will held in May this time also?
It might be delay. Tentatively it will be held in first week of May 2021.
Sir, If a candidate studied in Saudi Arabia upto class 10 CBSE and passed class 12(CBSE) from India, will he be under General category?or will he be under NRI?
Will NEET be removed in Tamilnadu due to political situation
No such notice has been released yet.
One year fees of neet.
Offline coaching kab start hone date
When will be entrance exam 2020?
Date is not yet released. Be with us to know latest updates about it.
NEET 2020 is organized on 13th September 2020.
Is the neet 2021 still scheduled for may 5 ,2021?
Any officials date for NEET 2021 is not yet released. We will update in article whenever it will be released.
Neet (ug) -2021
Pls give answer
Q: What is the upper age limit( gen/obc/SC/ST)
Q: How many times can I sit for NEET-2021
Q: What should my minimum age be to be eligible for NEET-2021
You can go through NEET 2021 article to clear your each query.
I comepilte my 12th exam in 2019 so i have no idea neet in exam
sir I got 5.8 as pwd can i be eligible for neet 2021
I completed my class 12 exam in 2019 , can I write neet exam on 2020
You must check NEET Eligibility article.
I completed my class 12 exam in 2019 Can I write nett exams? On 2021
Yes, you can apply.
I scored 85% in my 12th can i get Btech in biotechnology at Thapar Institute Of Engineering And Technology?
Calculator allowed in Neet exam??
I study in class 9th and I want to give NEET exam can I give
Have a nice day
Kindly let me know if NEET exam centres are in Canada or America for 2021.
This information is very important to neet aspirants 2021. So thank for this information.
Very helpful for acknowledging
Thank you ?
12th with additional biology
Eligible for neet
Bio additional subject eligible for NEET exam 2021?
You must check NEET Eligibility article.
whats the difference between marksheets and 10th and 12th passing certificate??
Kya hua exam Nahi hoga
Any official information about it is not yet released. It can be delay.
Sir , Neet reduced syllabus for 2021 .
Yes, Around 30% may be reduced.
Sir, is birth certificate is must for neet ???
Sir I have got 46 41 75 in physics chemistry and biology in 12 ISC. Is it eligible for neet entrance.
in the qualification column it is given as ” for PWD it is 45% ”
please may i know whats this PWD refer to?
Kaise karana hai
Bsc Nursing selection by neet exam
Am now 17 am I eligible to apply neet exam
You must have complete 17 years of age as on 31st December 2020.
I have studying in 12th with pcb from NIOS board am i eligible for neet 2021 plz help me sir plz
You must go through NEET Eligibility article.
What about Neet 2020
if we get our rank like 6000 will we get seats in mbbs or bds
You can check previous year cut off.
What will be the qualification code for repeaters ?
my birth date is 24th August 2004.I’m eligible for the exam of 2o21
Sir, biology is additional subject. Am i capable for neet.
Sir, biology is additional subject. Can i capable for neet.
should i start reading for neet 2021 now or to wait till the new syllabus gets updated
For now you can start studying from 12th syllabus & topics and clear your basic concepts.
I am an NRI, I have taken Chemistry, Biology, and Physics over the span of two years. In 11th I took Chemistry and physics and in 12th I’m taking Biology. Am I eligible for the exam?
Yes, you can apply.
I’m a graduate, completed my BAMS degree … Can i apply for neet 2021?
You must go through NEET Eligibility Criteria article.
UG completed graduate can apply for NEET 2021