NID Entrance Exam 2020: Result (Declared), Dates, Allotment (Released)
NID 2020 Final Result (M.Des) has been declared on 22nd August 2020. Final Result (B.Des/ GDPD) has been declared on 23rd July 2020. It has been organised by National Institute of Design. This is a national level entrance exam conducted to enroll the eligible candidates into various UG and PG courses provided by the institute. Eligible candidates will get admission in B.Des/ GDPD and M.Des courses on the basis of scores obtained in the two phases of entrance test – prelims and mains. Admission will be provided to the candidates in various campuses of NID situated in Gujarat, Ahmedabad, Kurukshetra, Vijayawada and Bangalore. For more details regarding NID Entrance Exam 2020, candidates can go through this article which contains information regarding exam date, exam pattern, application form, result, counselling etc.
NID 2020 Notifications – Final Result Declared (M.Des)
NID DAT 2020 Final Result (M.Des) has been declared on 22nd August 2020. Check here for result details.
NID 2021 exam will be conducted in the month of December 2020. Check more details about NID 2021 here.
NID DAT 2020 Final Result has been declared on 23rd July 2020 for B.Des/ GDPD. Check here for result details.
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Dates
NID Entrance Exam Dates are listed below in the table for the candidates which are of official in nature:
|Online Registration Starts||1st October 2019|
|Online Registration Closes||21st November 2019|
|Submission of form with late fee||21st November 2019|
|Edit Application Form||21st-23rd November 2019|
|DAT Prelims Admit Card release||20th December 2019|
|DAT Prelims Exam||29th December 2019|
|Answer key release||February 2020|
|DAT Prelims Result (M.Des)||21st February 2020|
|DAT Prelims Result (B.Des)||4th May 2020|
|Rechecking request on DAT prelim||8th May 2020 to 10th May 2020 (B.Des) & 24th to 26th February 2020 (M.Des)|
|DAT (Mains) Admit Card (B.Des)||20th June 2020|
|DAT Mains Exam (B.Des) Online Interactions||from 22nd June 2020|
|DAT (Mains) Admit Card (M.Des)||Released|
|DAT Mains Exam (M.Des)||from 6th July 2020|
|DAT Mains Exam (M.Des) Online Interactions||Started|
|DAT Mains Result B.Des/ GDPD||23rd July 2020|
|M.Des final result||22nd August 2020|
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Result
NID Entrance Exam Result has been declared online for Prelims on 21st February 2020 for M.Des & has been out on 4th May 2020 for B.Des. Candidates can check their result by entering their necessary login credentials. The results of DAT Mains for B.Des has been declared on 23rd July 2020.
After results release, merit list will be prepared for various courses and released online. No candidate will get results through offline mode.
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Admission
NID Entrance Exam Admission process has been concluded. Candidates have participated individually for the counselling process and reported at the institutions. Seats have been allocated to the candidates on the basis of their course filled at the time of registration.
NID DAT 2020 Online Interactions (Interview) for B.Des/ GDPD has been concluded from 22nd June 2020. For M.des DAT Mains the interviews has been started from 6th July 2020.
Details related to Online interaction will be sent to the candidate’s registered email id. The exact time and date will be mentioned in the admit card.
Also, students have to submit their required documents for verification purpose. Candidates can choose their campus and course program during the process of counselling and can freeze their seat. Candidates who will not visit for the counselling process, their seats will be forfeited and offered to next eligible candidate in the merit order.
The list of documents to be shown at the time of counselling are:
- Self-attested copy of 10th class marksheet
- Self-attested copy of 12th class marksheet
- Self-attested copy of degree (if any)
- Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate (if required)
- Passport size photograph
- Photocopies of relevant pages of passport (for overseas applicants)
- Certificate from AIU, new Delhi (for overseas applicants)
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Answer Key
NID DAT 2020 Answer key will be released after the completion of exam. Students through answer key get to know the correct answers of the questions asked in the test. Based on the provided answer key, students will be able to know the probable marks secured in the entrance test.
NID answer key will give an idea of the performance of the students in the test. Students will know their qualifying status and hence will be eligible for further admission procedure.
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Merit List
Merit list will be released short listing names of candidates qualifying the prelims. Candidates shortlisted in the merit list will now be eligible to appear for Mains exam.
Final merit will be prepared based on the weightage scores obtained in each stages of admission process. Due to COVID-19 , there is change in weightage for the evaluation of final result of NID DAT. The weightage for B.Des DAT Prelims is 70% and for DAT Mains is 30% (online interaction).
For M.Des, the revised weightage for DAT Prelims – Common Design Aptitude Test is 15% & Discipline Specific Test is 45% and for DAT Mains (online interview) weightage is 40%.
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Cut Off
To qualify entrance test and get admission, candidates have to score cut off marks. The NID cut off marks to be scored for various categories is provided in the below table:
|Category||Open category||ST/ SC/ PwD||OBC NCL|
|Qualifying percentile marks||50||40||45|
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card
NID Entrance Exam Admit Card for DAT Main (B.Des/ GDPD) has been made available in online mode on 20th December 2019. To download admit card for prelims test, students have to enter their login credentials. For DAT Mains test, candidates can download their admit cards in July 2020 for M.Des and from 20th june for B.Des.
Admit card contains important details regarding the exam like date of the exam, photograph and signature of the candidates and a set of instructions which candidates must follow during the exam.
Candidates must carry their admit card at the examination centre along with photo id proof to get entry into the exam hall.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form
Candidates can go through the below details regarding NID Entrance Exam 2020:
- NID Entrance Exam 2020 Registration process has been started from 1st October 2019.
- Last date to register for the test is till 21st November 2019.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must go through the complete eligibility criteria.
- The Application process will consist of various steps – Registration, Filling the Application Form, Uploading of required documents and making application fee payment.
- In case you have made mistakes while filling the application form, you can make corrections during 21st-23rd November 2019.
- Candidates after submitting their application form must take print out of the application form for further processes.
- Candidates making payment through DD have to send the printout of application form along with DD drawn in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi & send to the below address:
The Project Manager – CMS,
All India Management Association,
Management House, 15, Link Road,
Lajpat Nagar Part 3, New Delhi – 110 024, India.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay application fee via online mode or offline mode.
- For online payment, fee can be paid through credit/debit card or via net banking.
- Candidates can pay their fee via offline mode through demand draft in the favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi.
Check application fee for various categories & courses in the below table:
|Course||Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|B. Des/GPDP||General /OBC-NCL/EWS||2000|
|M. Des||General /OBC||2000 (discipline 1); 4000 (discipline 2)|
|SC/ST/PD||1000 (discipline 1); 2000 (discipline 2)|
|Overseas Candidates||3000 (discipline 1); 6000 (discipline 2)|
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check complete details of NID Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria for UG and PG courses below:
- Nationality: Indian and foreign nationals in overseas are eligible to apply.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in their qualifying exam are also eligible to apply provided they have to submit the proof of passing during admission.
- Age Limit for B.Des/GDPD: Applying candidate maximum age should be 20 years as on 30 June 2020. ST/SC/OBC candidates will get 3 years of age relaxation while PwD will get 5 years of age relaxation.
- Age Limit for M.Des: Candidate’s maximum age limit should be 30 years as on 30 June 2020. ST/SC/OBC candidates will get 3 years of age relaxation while PwD will get 5 years of age relaxation.
For B. Des/GDPD Course:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have passed or are appearing for 12th level in Science, Commerce, Arts streams or its equivalent from a recognized board/university are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have done 3 years full time diploma after their 10th approved by AICTE are also eligible to apply.
For M. Des Course:
- Educational Qualification: Applying candidates must possess – Bachelors degree of minimum four years/Bachelor’s degree of 3 years in any stream/Full time diploma of minimum 4 years of duration in design/ fine arts/ applied arts/ architecture after 12th level to be eligible.
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern and marking scheme of NID Entrance Exam 2020 below:
Pattern for DAT Prelims:
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Type of Questions: Questions in the paper will be of objective and subjective type.
- Total Marks: The paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Language of the Exam: The entrance exam will be conducted in English
- Duration of Exam: Total time of three hours will be given to complete the test.
- Marking: There will be no negative marking in the entrance exam.
Patten for DAT Mains:
DAT Mains will be held in two parts:
- Studio Test: DAT Mains Test will be held in different formats in English. The test will be of total 100 marks and 3 hours will be given to complete the exam.
- Interviews: Interview will be organized for various disciplines after the studio test.
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus for written test will contain various questions from the topics – Creativity, Comprehension, Knowledge and Visualization,Drawing Skills, Memory Drawing, General Mental Ability, etc.
For Studio Test, the syllabus will contain various topics – 3D Modeling, Body Language, Observation Test, Portfolio making, Creative Thinking, etc.
NID Entrance Exam 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through below given preparation tips to score well in the exam and qualify the entrance test:
- Candidates are advised to cover all the topics from the syllabus.
- Candidates can practice by taking various mock tests. Candidates can purchase mock test from the market or can prepare with the help of test given on website.
- Solve previous years question papers and sample papers.
- Candidates must make notes of what they are studying and revise those notes regularly.
- Study from the recommended sources of study materials available in the market.
If you have any query regarding NID Entrance Exam 2020, you can ask your query by leaving your comment below.