TNEA 2022: Application Form, Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria
TNEA 2022 Notification will release in the month of April 2022. Anna University organizes TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission) every year in the state. Through TNEA, candidates get admission into UG Engineering courses of B.Tech and B.E. Admission will be provided on the basis of candidate’s 12th level marks. The qualified candidates will be selected in the rank list. Students who will be successfully selected will be eligible for admission into various institutions/ colleges located in the state of Tamil Nadu. In this article we have provided complete details regarding TNEA 2022 application form, important dates, eligibility criteria, etc.
TNEA 2022 Important Dates
Know complete TNEA dates below for the 2022 admission session:
|Events||Dates 2022 (Tentative)|
|TNEA 2022 Notification||April 2022|
|Application Form availability||1st week of May 2022|
|Last date to apply||Last week of May 2022|
|Last date to submit application||1st week of June 2022|
|Random numbers allotment||3rd week of June 2022|
|Release of rank list/ merit list||4th week of June 2022|
|Counselling starts from||3rd week of July 2022|
TNEA 2022 Application Form
Check complete details related to TNEA 2022 application form in the below given section:
- TNEA 2022 application form will be released in the first week of May 2022.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form through online mode.
- Students will follow various application process – Online registration, filling of application details, uploading of images, payment of application fee, printing of form.
- Complete application form must be filled correctly as no correction will be allowed after the submission of form.
- Last date to submit the application form will be till first week of June 2022.
- After completion of application students are required to submit their application along with some necessary documents at the below mentioned address:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Anna University, Chennai – 600025.
Necessary Documents to be submitted are:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets and Pass Certificates
- 12th Class Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- First graduate certificate and first graduate joint declaration
- Permanent community certificate
- Nativity certificate (If applicable)
- Relevant documents showing proof of Army personnel
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee certificate, etc.
- Candidates can pay application fee by online mode using debit card/ credit card/ net banking method.
- For General candidates the fee is Rs.500 and for reserved candidates fee is Rs.250.
TNEA 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Know about TNEA Eligibility criteria details before filling the application form:
- Candidates of Tamil Nadu who have passed 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th standard from the schools located in the Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply and need not show any nativity certificate.
- Candidates who have passed their 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th standard or its equivalent exam from schools located outside of Tamil Nadu state can also apply but have to show original nativity certificate only in electronic form/ digitally signed e-certificate.
- Children of Central Govt. / PSUs Employees/ All India Tamil Nadu cadre officers are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee studied in Tamil Nadu state will be considered under open competition. Such candidates must produce their –
- Identification certificate issued by Head Quarters Tahsildar.
- Original passport, visa, letter registered with police station (only for those not registered in the refugee camp).
- For candidates applying for marine engineering, they must have attained age of 25 years to be eligible.
- Applying candidates must have passed 12th/ HSC or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Candidate must have passed his /her HSC level with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- Students in Intermediate level must have passed with minimum of 50% marks for general candidates; 45% marks for OBC & 40% marks for SC/ ST/ MBC/ DNC/ SCA candidates.
- Students applying for marine engineering, must have passed 12th level with PCME subjects securing 60% marks in PCM and 50% marks in English.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
TNEA 2022 Cut Off
Students will be able to check TNEA Cut off details online through the website. It will be made available for various categories after the completion of registration process. The cut off will be published by Anna University separately for various courses.
Candidates can check cut off in the month of June 2022. The authority will prepare the cut off marks depending upon various factors like – number of applied candidates, previous year cut off marks, availability of seats, etc.
TNEA 2022 Rank List
TNEA Rank List will be available by online mode on the website after the few days after the allotment of random numbers to the candidates. The random numbers will be allotted to the candidates in third week of June 2022.
After random allotment of numbers to the candidates, merit/ rank list will be available in fourth week of June 2022. The students in the rank list will be selected based on their performance/ marks attained in their 12th level.
TNEA 2022 Counselling
The counselling process of TNEA 2022 will be organized in third week of July 2022. Only the candidates who will be successfully selected in the rank list of TNEA can participate in counselling. Complete schedule and procedure details will be made available on the website.
TNEA Counselling will be conducted in various rounds through online mode. Students will have to make choices of colleges according to which they will be allotted seats. Also candidates will have to pay their counselling fee and submit their documents to confirmation of their seats.
TNEA 2022 Admission
Admissions through TNEA will be finally provided to the candidates who will complete the discussed admission procedure. Students will be able to confirm their admissions into the allotted colleges once they report at the allotted institutions and submit their complete documents/ certificates.
Students are advised to follow the complete admission procedure step by step as discussed in the article.
If you have any other query regarding TNEA 2022, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.