AILET 2019: Application Form, Exam Pattern, NLU Delhi Admission
AILET 2019 Application Form has been started. ALL India Law Entrance Test (AILET 2019) is a national level entrance exam. It is a gateway to get admission in five year B.A. LL.B (Hons.), one year LL.M and Ph.D programmes. The exam is conducted once in every year in all over India. It is organized by the National Law University, Delhi. Candidates can get admission in Delhi Law University through this exam. For complete details about AILET 2019, candidates should go through this article.
AILET 2019 Notifications – Application Started
AILET 2019 Application Form has been started from 4th January 2019. Check here for application details.
AILET 2019 Exam Date has been announced. The examination will be conducted on 5th May 2019. Check here for application details.
AILET Exam Date 2019
Candidates can get here the official dates for AILET 2019.
|Events||Dates 2019 (Announced)|
|Issue of notification||4th January|
|Availability of application form||4th January|
|Last date to fill application form||8th April|
|Downloading of admit card||22nd April|
|Exam date||5th May 2019 (10:00 AM – 11:30 AM)|
|Declaration of result B.A. LL.B (Hons.)||24th May|
|Date of issue of admission letter (1st list)||24th May|
|Last date to deposit fee (1st list)||13th June|
|Date for spot counseling for vacant seats||25th June|
|Last date for depositing fee for the candidates selected in|
|Closing date for admission||25th July|
|Interview of selected candidates||Last week of July|
|Orientation programme||Last week of July|
|Start of session/classes||1st August|
|Declaration of result LL.M||2nd July|
|Declaration of result Ph.D||16th July|
AILET Application Form 2019
Candidates are advised to read the complete information brochure first and then proceed to fill application form.
- To fill AILET application form 2019 candidates have to register online first.
- Candidates have to click on the “NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY” from the List of colleges and choose application form accordingly to apply.
- The application form is available to fill from the 4th January 2019.
- Candidates will able to fill and submit the application form till 8th April 2019.
- Candidates have to fill all the section of the application form, as incomplete application form will be summarily rejected.
- After filling all the details, candidates have to submit the payment and submit the final application form.
- The application fee will be Rs. 3050/- (for general candidates) and Rs.1050/- (for SC/ST and PwD candidates).
- BPL candidates of SC/ST category are exempted from the application fee.
- The application fee can be submitted through online (credit, debit, net banking) or offline (cash deposit at Post Office) mode.
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria to appear in the entrance test. Those will not fulfill the eligibility criteria, cannot sit in the entrance exam.
For B.A. LL.B. (Hons.):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates pass the 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Must secure at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have LL.B. or equivalent degree from a recognized institution.
- Minimum Marks: Must obtain at least 55% marks (50% for reserved category candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidate appearing in final year of degree in March/April 2019 is also eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must possess the Masters Degree (LL.M) or equivalent degree in Law from a recognized university.
- Minimum marks: Must obtain at least 55% marks in qualifying exam (50% for reserving categories).
AILET Exam Pattern
Check the AILET 2019 exam pattern below:
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Duration: Examination will be of about 90 minutes (3:00 PM – 4:30 PM).
- Total Marks: The maximum marks will be 150.
- Number of Questions: 150 questions will be asked in B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), 100 in LL.M. and 100 for Ph.D course.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be comprised of multiple choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answer.
Test Pattern of B.A. LL.B (Hons.):
|General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Civics)||35 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||35 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10 Marks|
AILET 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for AILET entrance exam will be totally based on previous class studied syllabus. Candidates those applying for LL.M. course can study Law of Contracts, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory.
B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) candidates have to read the subjects like English, General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, and Civics), Legal Aptitude Reasoning and Marks Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability). Ph.D candidates can study the master degree syllabus.
Amritsar, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Raipur, and Varanasi.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
AILET Admit Card 2019
AILET admit card 2019 will be declared by the university through online mode. Candidates can download their admit card on 22nd April 2019. Candidates can access their admit card by using the login credentials.
Without a valid admit card, no candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination hall. So, candidates must keep their admit card secure.
AILET 2019 Result
Candidates those will successfully appear in the AILET 2019 entrance exam can only get their results. The AILET 2019 result will be published on 24th May 2019 for BA. LL.B. and on 2nd July for LL.M. & 16th July Ph.D courses.
The admission will be provided to the candidates on the basis of score obtained in the entrance test.
AILET Counselling 2019
The counselling procedure will be started after the declaration of the result. AILET counselling 2019 will be conducted by the National Law University.
The seats will be offered on the basis of entrance examination score and choices filled by the candidate.
The counselling will be started from 25th June 2019. Candidates have to verify their original documents to be eligible for the final round of admission process.
If you have any other queries about AILET 2019, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.