BHU Admission 2020: Answer Key (Released), Cut-Off, Counselling
BHU 2020 Answer Key (Provisional) has been released for PET courses. Exam Dates have been announced for UET & PET 2020. GD & PI Round for MBA admission has been postponed due to COVID 19. Admission process will be conducted by the Banaras Hindu University. The university is known as one of the most reputed central university located in Varanasi, UP. BHU organizes university level entrance test for choosing various eligible candidate for various UG, PG & doctoral programs. For admission into UG & PG Programmes, UET & PET is conducted by the University. Admission into doctoral level programmes is offered through RET. To get admission in MBA programme, candidates have to show their CAT Scores. For admission into various medical courses, NEET scores are considered. Through this article candidate will get to know various information regarding BHU 2020 answer key, result etc.
BHU Admission 2020 Notification – Answer Key Released
BHU 2020 Answer Key (Provisional) for UET & PET has been released. Check here for answer key details.
BHU 2020 Exam Dates (UET & PET) have been announced. The exam will be conducted from 24th August to 31st August 2020 for PET and 24th August to 14th September 2020 for UET. Check here for exam dates details.
BHU 2020 GD & PI Round for MBA admission has been postponed due to COVID 19. Check here for counselling details.
BHU 2020 Admit Card for UET & PET has been released. Check here for admit card details.
BHU 2020 Important Dates
Check below various official dates of BHU 2020 Admission. The exam dates for UET & PET are provided below for various events:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Official)|
|Online Application Form Release Date||30th January 2020||30th January 2020|
|End of Online application||12th March 2020||12th March 2020|
|Changes in the test city||Till 20th June 2020||Till 20th June 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||21st August 2020||20th August 2020|
|BHU Exam Date||24th August to 14th September 2020||24th to 31st August 2020|
|Answer key release||September 2020||September 2020|
|Last date to challenge||Till 3 days from release of answer key||Till 3 days from release of answer key|
|Release of Result||September 2020||September 2020|
|Starting of Counselling process||September 2020||September 2020|
BHU 2020 Answer Key
The University has release the answer key for BHU 2020 through online mode. The provisional answer key has been released on 9th September 2020 after the completion of exam for few courses.
It is made available in PDF format. Candidate can check BHU answer key according to various sets – Set 1, Set 2 and Set 3 etc. Also, students will be able to challenge the answer key by payment of Rs.100. Students must challenge before the last date which is till three days from release of answer key.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
BHU 2020 Result
Candidates will be able to check BHU 2020 Result through online mode. It will be declared in the month of September 2020. Students can view their BHU result by entering their roll number and other credentials.
The university will also inform the candidate via email/ SMS about the marks, overall merit and category – merit. The qualifying marks will be decided by the Banaras Hindu University.
BHU 2020 Cut Off
Candidates will be qualified for further admission rounds only after qualifying BHU 2020 cut off. BHU cut off marks will vary for various categories and programmes.
As per the criteria, the admission of the candidates will be done he/she fulfills to score minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test and the minimum eligibility criteria for the course applied.
The minimum qualifying marks for General /OBC categories is – not less than 35% of the marks secured by the topper of the concerned categories in the concerned Entrance exam.
While for SC/ ST categories it is – not less than 25% of the marks secured by the topper of the concerned categories in the concerned Entrance exam. Post declaration of BHU 2020 result and cut off release, the merit list will be prepared. The merit list will be released by the university by online mode.
The merit list will be made on the basis of scores obtained by the appearing candidates in the exam and reservation policy of the university.
BHU 2020 Counselling
BHU 2020 Counselling will be started in September 2020 after the University will declare the qualifying percentage and publish the merit list online. The counselling will be organised via offline mode.
BHU counselling process will consist of various steps – Options Entry, Seat Allocation and Reporting at the allotted institute. Students have to download their counselling letters to appear for counselling.
Candidate must note that they will be given provisional admission only after the payment of the fees.
BHU 2020 Application Form
Check the complete details of application form of BHU 2020 below:
- The BHU 2020 Application form is available only through the online mode for various courses.
- The Registration process has been started from 30th January 2020 for both UET and PET.
- The Application process will consist of various steps – Registration, filling the application form, uploading image and signature, preview and editing and making application fee payment.
- Candidates applying for more than one course have to fill separate application form by selecting the name of the courses opted.
- The last date to register and fill the application form online is till 12th March 2020.
- Candidates need not require to send the filled application form to the university.
Mode of Payment: The Application fee can be deposited through online mode by credit card/ debit card or through offline mode by Challan in any branch of HDFC bank.
The fee is provided below for various courses & categories:
|ST/SC/PC categories||Other categories|
|For Shastri (Hons.)||Rs. 200||Rs. 400|
|All Courses [Except Shastri (Hons.)]||Rs. 300||Rs. 600|
|Extra Fee (In case of more than one course)||Rs. 200||Rs. 400|
BHU 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for BHU 2020 Admission, candidate must check eligibility criteria requirements below for UG & PG courses:
For B.Com (Hons):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from the recognized board.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidate must have done 12th level with the subjects of Economics/Commerce/ Computer Science/ Maths/ Finance/ Financial Markets Management.
- Minimum Marks: He/she must have secured minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
- Age Limit: Candidate should not be more than 22 years, as on 1st July 2020.
For LLB (Hons):
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed Graduate degree in BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com or its equivalent from the recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate in the qualifying exam should have passed with 50% marks.
- Age Limit: Candidate should not be more than 30 years of age, as on 1st July 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have done Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Technology, Medicine, Education, Law or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Student must have obtained 55% marks (45% marks for ST/SC) aggregate from any recognized University/ Institute.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in final year of their qualifying examination can also apply.
BHU 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download BHU 2020 Admit card through online mode on 20th August 2020 for PET and on 21st August 2020 for UET. The university will also send email/ SMS alert regarding the admit card on the candidate’s registered email id/ mobile numbers.
Candidate can download their BHU admit card by entering their email id or registration id. After downloading, students have to paste passport size photograph in the space provided on the printout of the admit card.
BHU 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidate can check exam pattern of BHU 2020 for UET and PET below:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held on computer based mode (online mode).
- Language: The questions will be asked in English & Hindi language.
- Duration: The duration of exam will be of 2 hours or 2½ hours as per the course.
- Number & Type of Questions: In the exam total 150 multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 450 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded. For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- Exam Mode: The entrance exam for PG programmes will be held in online mode.
- Duration: PET entrance exam duration is 2 hours.
- Number of Sections: There will be two sections in the exam paper – A & B.
- Number of Questions: Total 120 multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam. 60 questions in each section.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 360 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Candidate can check BHU 2020 UET & PET questions and marks distribution in the below table:
|Entrance Exam||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
BHU 2020 Syllabus
BHU 2020 Syllabus can be checked online. The BHU Syllabus for UG courses will be from 10+2 level and for PG programmes from graduation level subjects.
For UG, the syllabus will contain various topics studied in 12th level consisting of various topics according to the programme and stream opted.
For PG, the syllabus can be prepared from different topics as per the programme chosen by the candidates in the graduation level.
BHU 2020 Preparation Tips
Here are some preparation tips that candidates can follow in order to perform well in the examination of BHU 2020:
- Start with basic concepts, clear your basic concept doubts of the subjects.
- Motivation and planning in the study are essential, so stay motivated.
- Solve mock test and sample papers regularly.
- You may also take some help from online lectures and mobile apps for preparation.
- Avoid learning new topics at the last moment.
- Mark the question that you feel important and tough.
- Revise the topics in short one day before appearing for the examination.
For any other query regarding the BHU 2020 Admission, you can ask us by leaving your comments below.