CLAT 2020: Counselling (Started), Cut-off, Admission Process
CLAT 2020 Seat Allotment for third round has been released. The common law admission test (CLAT 2020), is an all India common entrance examination. It is conducted on a rotation basis by 19 national law universities (NLUs) of India. It is organizes for offering admission into UG and PG degree programs of law. Through this examination, appearing candidate can get admission in various universities in all over India. Read this article, to get latest details about CLAT 2020 including, dates, answer key, cut-off, result, counselling etc.
CLAT 2020 Notifications – 3rd Seat Allotment Released
CLAT 2020 Seat Allotment for third round has been released on 14th October 2020. Check Here for counselling details.
CLAT 2020 Result has been declared on 5th October 2020.Check Here for result details.
CLAT 2020 Answer Key (Revised) has been released on 3rd October 2020.Check Here for answer key details.
New Changes Introduced This Year:
- There is change in the pattern of the questions asked for UG courses. The number of questions has been reduced from 200 to 150 – 120.
- Comprehension based questions will be asked from Quantitative Techniques, Current Affairs, English, Deductive Reasoning & Logical Reasoning.
CLAT is a national level law entrance test conducted for admission in UG and PG law courses. CLAT 2021 exam will be conducted by 19 NLUs on rotation basis. Students can fill the application form from the first week of January 2021.
CLAT 2020 Exam Dates
Check CLAT Exam Dates from the table given below:
|Start date of filling application form||1st January 2020|
|Last date of filling application form||10th July 2020|
|Release of admit card||16th September 2020|
|CLAT 2020 exam date||28th September 2020|
|Answer key released date||28th September 2020|
|Objection window||28th & 29th September 2020|
|Final answer key release||3rd October 2020|
|Declaration of result||5th October 2020|
|Start date of counselling process||6th October 2020|
Admissions Closing Shortly
CLAT 2020 Answer key
NLUO Cuttack has released the provisional answer key of CLAT 2020 from 28th September 2020. Candidate can get access of the CLAT answer key 2020 through online mode. Students can also raise objections from 28th to 29th September 2020.
Candidates are advised to check the details mentioned on answer key and then download the same. Candidate can calculate marks by giving 1 mark for the correct answer and deduct 0.25 marks for an incorrect answer.
The authority has release the final answer key on 3rd October 2020 after the accepting the objections raised by the students.
CLAT 2020 Result
The exam conducting authority has announce the result of CLAT 2020 on 5th October 2020. Candidate can access the CLAT result through online mode.
The result consists of the roll number and name of the candidate. To qualify the entrance exam, candidate needs to obtain minimum qualifying marks.
CLAT 202O Cut Off
CLAT cut off is the minimum marks to be scored by candidates for securing admission into the law universities. Cut off is based on rank scored be candidate in the CLAT 2020 entrance examination. It has been released after declaration of result.
Cut off is based on multiple criteria that are difficulty level of exam and the total number of available seats. Only those candidates are invited for the counselling who scores the cut off marks.
CLAT 2020 Counselling
The allotment of seats can be done on the basis of CLAT 2020 ranks, in order to college, category and number of seats. CLAT 2020 admission in UG and PG programme is completely followed by centralized online counseling conducted by the CLAT authority.
The candidate needs to submit the counseling fee of Rs 50,000 for participation in CLAT counselling. The final admission has been offered only after the verification of documents.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
CLAT 2020 Application Form
Check application details given below carefully and follow it to fill the online application form:
- The application form is available through online mode only.
- CLAT application form is available from 1st January 2020.
- Candidate needs to fill the valid details in the application form.
- Candidate will need their email id for the online registration.
- Once candidate will create the login id and password after that they have to upload the scanned copies of documents, signature and passport size photograph.
- Correction will be not be provided by the authority after the completion of application form.
- Submit the application form and take the printout of it. Keep the printout till the admission procedure.
Application fee can be paid through online (by debit card/credit card) mode. The application fee is given below:
- Rs. 4000/- for General/OBC/PWD/SAP
- Rs. 3500/- for SC/ST
Check here– How to Fill CLAT Application Form
CLAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Information regarding the eligibility criteria, candidates can see the details mentioned below:
- Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit for UG programme in CLAT 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should qualify the class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board or university.
- Percentage: 45% marks in case of the candidates belonging to unreserved/OBC/specially abled person (SAP) and other categories and 40% marks in case of the candidates belonging to SC or ST categories.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam in March/April 2020 also eligible for the appearing in CLAT 2020 online examination. They shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing of their qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- Age limit: No upper age limit prescribed for appearing CLAT 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination i.e. LL.B or any other equivalent exam.
- Minimum Marks: 55% marks in case of the candidate is belonging to unreserved categories/OBC and other categories. 50% marks in case of candidate belonging to schedule cast/ schedule tribe.
- Appearing Candidates: The candidate must passed/appeared in the final semester or final year of the qualifying examination on the date of his/her admission.
CLAT 2020 Admit Card
Law aspirants of CLAT 2020 has access the admit card through online mode. It is made available from 16th September 2020. Candidate is required to login their registered account to download the admit card.
Candidates are also advised to check the details mentioned on CLAT admit card. Also it is advised to save a copy of CLAT admit card for future references.
CLAT 2020 Exam Pattern (Revised)
The exam pattern for CLAT 2020 is as follows:
- Exam Mode: As per the CLAT 2020 exam pattern, the test has been held via online mode.
- Duration: Candidate will be given 2 hours to attempt the law examinations.
- Sections: There are two sections in PG CLAT – Objective and Descriptive Section.
- Number & Type of Questions: There will be total 150 (for UG) & 150 (for PG) of multiple choice questions.
- Marking: Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark each and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Language: The questions of CLAT 2020 will be in English language only.
|Course||Subjects||Total Questions & Total Marks|
|For UG courses (Integrated)||Quantitative Techniques||150 questions & 150 marks|
|Current affairs including general knowledge|
|For PG Courses||Jurisprudence||102 questions (100 objective & 2 descriptive) & 150 marks|
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc|
CLAT 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of CLAT 2020, candidates can see the details mentioned below:
English including comprehension
In the comprehension section candidate will be assessed on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meaning of words used therein, etc. the grammar section requires correction and incorrect in grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
General knowledge And Current Affairs
The general knowledge will be evaluated on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Question on current affaires will test the candidates on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
This section will test the candidate’s knowledge of elementary mathematics.
The section will test the candidate’s interest toward the study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Some preposition may not be “true” in the real sense, candidate will have to assume the “truth” of these prepositions and answer the question accordingly.
It may include the variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogism, logical sequences or analogies etc.
Candidate can follow the below mentioned CLAT preparation tips to appear in the exam:
- Notes Making: Candidates need to make notes for the particular subject after they studied.
- Time Table: Before the exam preparation candidate should make the study time table. This will help the candidate to make estimation that which particular subject will take less time.
- Section wise Preparation: Candidate firstly go through the exam pattern before starting the preparation for the examination.
- Mock Test: Candidate should practice the mock test regularly to check the speed of solving questions.
For any other queries regarding CLAT 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comments below.