IIT JAM 2021: Admission List (Out), Merit List, Cut Off (Out), Counselling
IIT JAM 2021 Offer Letter for admission has been released through login. Fourth Admission List has been released 22nd July 2021. Cut Off list has been released for round 2nd. The exam is conducted by one of the IIT’s on a rotation basis on behalf of Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD). IIT JAM is one of the national level examination organized to offer admission into M.Sc., M.Sc. Ph.D., and M.Sc. Ph.D. dual degree etc. programmes. For the year 2021, IIT JAM is conducted by IISc, Bangalore. Candidates can get admission in various universities through entrance exam. Candidates can go through this article to know complete information about IIT JAM 2021 including important dates, cut off, counselling etc.
IIT JAM 2021 Notifications – Offer Letter Released
IIT JAM 2021 Offer Letter has been made available for download through login. Check here for admission details.
IIT JAM 2021 Fourth Admission List has been released on 22nd July 2021. Check here for admission details.
IIT JAM 2021 Cut Off has been released through online mode for 2nd round. Check here for cut off details.
IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility has been relaxed on aggregate marks. Candidates have to pass the qualifying exam only (for 2021 session only). Check here for eligibility details.
IIT JAM 2021 Third Admission List has been released on 16th July 2021. Check here for admission details.
IIT JAM 2021 Highlights
When will the IIT JAM second admission list release ? Released, 1st July 2021, Check admission details
Is there any changes in IIT JAM eligibility made related to qualifying marks ? Yes, Check eligibility details
When will be IIT JAM 2021 scorecard available for download ? Out, On 27th March 2021
What are the new changes introduced in IIT JAM 2021 ? – A new paper of Economics (EN) has been added this year
For how many papers will IIT JAM 2021 has been conducted ? 7 subjects (Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Geology, Mathematical Statistics & Economics)
IIT JAM 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check here the complete official exam schedule of IIT JAM 2021:
|Starting of online application form||10th September 2020|
|Last date of online application submission & uploading of documents||17th October 2020|
|Commencement of correction||2nd to 10th November 2020|
|Admit card release||11th January 2021|
|IIT JAM 2021 exam date||14th February 2021|
|Announcement of result||20th March 2021|
|Score Card||27th March to 31st July 2021|
|Submission of application for admission||20th April to 31st May 2021|
|Last Date for Receipt of Request for making Changes of Category in Proper Format & Rectification of Defective Documents||By 4th May 2021|
|Declaration of first admission list||16th June 2021|
|Declaration for 2nd admission list||1st July 2021|
|Declaration of 3rd admission list||16th July 2021|
|Declaration of 4th admission list||22nd July 2021|
|Closure of admission through JAM 2021||20th July 2021|
IIT JAM 2021 Counselling
The candidates those name are listed in the merit list are called for the counselling. Candidates are able to attend the IIT JAM counselling through online mode.
Qualified candidates have to fill the admission form after releasing of the result. The first admission list has been made available on 16th June 2021.
The admission form is available in online mode through the website.
The candidates have to pay Rs. 600/- as admission fee. Candidates can choose the courses in order of preference, percentage, category, qualification etc.
4th admission list has been released on 22nd July 2021. The admission form has been released on 20th April 2021 and will be continued till 31st May 2021. Second admission list has been released on 1st July 2021. Candidates are advised to carry their original documents during the admission.
IIT JAM 2021 Result
Result has been made available for download from 20th March 2021. Candidates can download their score cards from 27th March to 31st July 2021. Candidates are able to download their IIT JAM result through online mode.
For each test paper, an All India Rank (AIR) can be assigned to the candidates based on the performance in the test paper.
The tie-breaking criterion is adopted for assigning the rank to the candidates scoring the same aggregate marks in a test paper.
The candidate with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks can be given a higher rank. If this criterion fails to break ties, the concerned candidates will be awarded the same rank.
IIT JAM 2021 Merit List
The IIT JAM merit list 2021 has been released with the result. For each test paper, an All India Merit list is prepared based on AIR. The number of candidates included in the All India Merit List will depend on the total number of seats available in each category (OBC-NCL, EWS, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject.
These candidates will be eligible to apply for admission to any of the corresponding at IITs and IISc. Candidates included in the All India Merit List will be based on the category declared by the candidates in their application.
IIT JAM 2021 Cut Off
Candidates are selected for the counselling on the basis of cut off marks released by the official authority. Candidates should be required IIT JAM cut off marks in each subject for the admission procedure.
After releasing of the cut off marks, candidates are called for the counselling. Participating institutes will give the admission to the candidates on the basis of cut off marks. All the IITs and IISc will release the separate merit list for providing admission in their campus.
IIT JAM 2021 Answer Key
The IIT JAM answer key has been released by the authority through online mode. Candidates can get the answer key on 26th February 2021.
Through the answer key candidates can calculate their marks which they will be going to score in the exam.
Candidates can also submit challenges against the answer key with the valid proof. After provisional answer key, the final answer key has been released by the authority.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
IIT JAM 2021 Application Form
- The IIT JAM 2021 application form can be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates are able to fill the application form from 10th September 2020 through JOAPS.
- Multiple application submitted by the candidates will be liable to be rejected.
- Candidates have to upload necessary documents such as photograph, signature and other documents like category certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate (if applicable), etc.
- Last date to register is till 17th October 2020.
- Candidates care allowed to make any correction in the application form from 2nd to 10th November 2020.
- Candidates are required to fill all the details carefully and submit it on time.
- Keep the printout of the application form till the admission process gets over.
- Once the fee submitted, it cannot be changed/rectified.
- Candidates can make payment using net banking, debit or credit card.
|Group/ Category||Application Fee|
|One test paper||Two test paper|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wants to appear in JAM 2021 exam should fulfill the following Eligibility Criteria for admissions to IITs:
- Nationality: The candidates of Indian/Foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree or appearing in last year of bachelor’s degree.
- Required Marks: In the qualifying degree, the candidate should have aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) of at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL)/EWS category candidates and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply.
Note: Eligibility has been relaxed (for 2021 session only), candidates must have to pass qualifying exam only.
IIT JAM 2021 Quick Links
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the IIT JAM exam pattern in order to appear in the entrance exam.
- Mode: The exam has been organised through online CBT mode.
- Duration of Exam: The total of 3 hours is provided to complete the exam.
- No. of Questions: 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Type of Questions: Questions will be in Multiple choice (MCQ), Multiple Select question (MSQ) and Numerical answer type (NAT).
- Language: It will be asked in English language only.
- Papers: 7 papers will be asked in the exam. A new paper of Economics has been added this year.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: Negative marking will be only for section I.
|No. of questions||Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||30||Multiple choice questions||50|
|Section 2||10||Multiple choice questions||20|
|Section 3||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
IIT JAM 2021 Syllabus
The IIT JAM syllabus will be comprised of various topics and chapters including biological science, biotechnology, chemistry, mathematics, physics and geology etc. Some of the topics of syllabus are given below:
This section will include geomorphology, the planet earth, structural geology, paleontology, stratigraphy, petrology, economic geology, applied geology and mineralogy, etc.
It include differential calculus, integral calculus, matrix, sequence and series, probability, random variables, joint distributions, sampling distributions, estimation, limit theorem, testing of hypothesis, etc.
This section will contain the topics such as mathematical concepts, theory of gases, solid state, chemical thermodynamics, electrochemistry, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, basic concept of organic chemistry, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, main group elements, chemical bonding and shapes, bio inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, etc.
The questions will be asked from General biology, biochemistry and physiology, basic biotechnology, etc.
This section will include function and one variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory and sequence and series and real number etc.
It has the topics such as oscillation waves and optics, mechanics and general properties of matter, mathematical methods, kinetics theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, electricity and mechanism, solid state physics, devices and electronics and modern physics, etc.
IIT JAM 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check below some preparation tips for IIT JAM 2021 exam:
- Candidates must go through the complete exam pattern and syllabus.
- Must solve the previous year question papers.
- Make a proper study time table and follow it on a regular basis.
- Solve the online or offline mock test to score good marks and to be aware with the exam pattern.
- Eat healthy food and maintain your health to stay fit.
IIT JAM 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card through online mode from 11th January 2021. Candidates have to bring printout of the downloaded admit card to the test centre along with the original and valid photo identification.
No candidate will be permitted to appear in JAM 2021 examination without a valid admit card and original ID. The IIT JAM 2021 admit card must be kept by the candidate and produced at the time of admission.
If you have any other query regarding IIT JAM 2021, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.