IIT JAM 2021: Application Form (Released), Eligibility, Exam Dates, Pattern
IIT JAM 2021 Application Form has been released on 10th September 2020. Exam will be conducted by one of the IIT’s on a rotation basis on behalf of Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD). IIT JAM is one of the national level examination organized to offer admission into M.Sc., M.Sc. Ph.D., and M.Sc. Ph.D. dual degree etc. programmes. For the year 2021, IIT JAM will be conducted by IISc, Bangalore. Candidates can get admission in various universities through entrance exam. Candidates can go through this article to know complete information about IIT JAM 2021 including important dates, application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, result, etc.
IIT JAM 2021 Notifications – Application Started
IIT JAM 2021 Application Form has been released on 10th September 2020. Check here for application details.
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Dates have been released. The exam will be conducted on 14th February 2021. Check here for exam dates details.
IIT JAM 2021 Highlights
Who is organizing IIT JAM 2021? – IISc, Bangalore
When i can apply for IIT JAM 2021? From 10th September 2020, Check application form
When will be IIT JAM 2021 exam conducted ? On 14th February 2021, Check exam schedule
Are there any new changes introduced in IIT JAM 2021 ? – A new paper of Economics (EN) has been added this year
For how many papers will IIT JAM 2021 be conducted ? 7 subjects (Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Geology, Mathematical Statistics & Economics)
Can I apply for more than one paper ? Yes, you can apply for either one or two papers (not scheduled in same session)
Can I appear for Biological Science paper in IIT JAM 2021 ? No, this paper has been been removed from last year.
In what mode will be the IIT JAM 2021 exam conducted ? Online CBT mode, Check exam pattern
Will IIT JAM Syllabus changed for 2021? – No, Check syllabus
IIT JAM 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check here the complete official exam schedule of IIT JAM 2021:
|Events||Dates 2021 (Announced)|
|Starting of online application form||10th September 2020|
|Last date of online application submission & uploading of documents||15th October 2020|
|Commencement of correction||October/ November 2020|
|Admit card release||5th January 2021|
|Mock test availability||January 2021|
|IIT JAM 2021 exam date||14th February 2021|
|Announcement of result||20th March 2021|
|Score Card||27th March to 31st July 2021|
|Submission of application for admission||15th – 28th April 2021|
|Last Date for Receipt of Request for making Changes of Category in Proper Format & Rectification of Defective Documents||By 4th May 2021|
|Declaration of first admission list||16th June 2021|
|Declaration for 2nd admission list||1st July 2021|
|Declaration of 3rd admission list||16th July 2021|
|Closure of admission through JAM 2021||20th July 2021|
IIT JAM 2021 Application Form
- The IIT JAM 2021 application form can be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates are able to fill the application form from 10th September 2020 through JOAPS.
- Multiple application submitted by the candidates will be liable to be rejected.
- Candidates have to upload necessary documents such as photograph, signature and other documents like category certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate (if applicable), etc.
- Last date to register will be till 15th October 2020.
- Once the application form is submitted, candidates will not be allowed to make any correction in the application form.
- Candidates are required to fill all the details carefully and submit it on time.
- Keep the printout of the application form till the admission process gets over.
- Once the fee submitted, it cannot be changed/rectified.
- Candidates can make payment using net banking, debit or credit card.
|Group/ Category||Application Fee|
|One test paper||Two test paper|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
IIT JAM 2021 Quick Links
IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wants to appear in JAM 2021 exam should fulfill the following Eligibility Criteria for admissions to IITs:
- Nationality: The candidates of Indian/Foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree or appearing in last year of bachelor’s degree.
- Required Marks: In the qualifying degree, the candidate should have aggregate marks (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) of at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL)/EWS category candidates and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply.
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the IIT JAM exam pattern in order to appear in the entrance exam.
- Mode: The exam will be organised through online CBT mode.
- Duration of Exam: The total of 3 hours will be provided to complete the exam.
- No. of Questions: 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Type of Questions: Questions will be in Multiple choice (MCQ), Multiple Select question (MSQ) and Numerical answer type (NAT).
- Language: It will be asked in English language only.
- Papers: 7 papers will be asked in the exam. A new paper of Economics has been added this year.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: Negative marking will be only for section I.
|No. of questions||Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section 1||30||Multiple choice questions||50|
|Section 2||10||Multiple choice questions||20|
|Section 3||20||Numerical answer type questions||30|
IIT JAM 2021 Syllabus
The IIT JAM syllabus will be comprised of various topics and chapters including biological science, biotechnology, chemistry, mathematics, physics and geology etc. Some of the topics of syllabus are given below:
This section will include geomorphology, the planet earth, structural geology, paleontology, stratigraphy, petrology, economic geology, applied geology and mineralogy, etc.
It include differential calculus, integral calculus, matrix, sequence and series, probability, random variables, joint distributions, sampling distributions, estimation, limit theorem, testing of hypothesis, etc.
This section will contain the topics such as mathematical concepts, theory of gases, solid state, chemical thermodynamics, electrochemistry, spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction mechanism, basic concept of organic chemistry, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, main group elements, chemical bonding and shapes, bio inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, etc.
The questions will be asked from General biology, biochemistry and physiology, basic biotechnology, etc.
This section will include function and one variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory and sequence and series and real number etc.
It has the topics such as oscillation waves and optics, mechanics and general properties of matter, mathematical methods, kinetics theory, thermodynamics, modern physics, electricity and mechanism, solid state physics, devices and electronics and modern physics, etc.
IIT JAM 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check below some preparation tips for IIT JAM 2021 exam:
- Candidates must go through the complete exam pattern and syllabus.
- Must solve the previous year question papers.
- Make a proper study time table and follow it on a regular basis.
- Solve the online or offline mock test to score good marks and to be aware with the exam pattern.
- Eat healthy food and maintain your health to stay fit.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
IIT JAM 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card through online mode from 5th January 2021.
A printout of the downloaded admit card must be brought to the test centre along with the original and valid photo identification.
No candidate will be permitted to appear in JAM 2021 examination without a valid admit card and original ID.
The IIT JAM 2021 admit card must be kept by the candidate and produced at the time of admission.
IIT JAM 2021 Answer Key
The IIT JAM answer key will be released by the authority through online mode. Candidates can get the answer key in last week of February 2021.
Through the answer key candidates can calculate their marks which they will be going to score in the exam.
Candidates can also submit challenges against the answer key with the valid proof. After provisional answer key, the final answer key will be released by the authority.
IIT JAM 2021 Result
Result will be available for download from 20th March 2021. Candidates can download their score cards from 27th March to 31st July 2021. Candidates will be able to download their IIT JAM result through online mode.
For each test paper, an All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned to the candidates based on the performance in the test paper.
The tie-breaking criterion will be adopted for assigning the rank to the candidates scoring the same aggregate marks in a test paper.
The candidate with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be given a higher rank. If this criterion fails to break ties, the concerned candidates will be awarded the same rank.
IIT JAM 2021 Merit List
The IIT JAM merit list 2021 will be released with the result.
For each test paper, an All India Merit list will be prepared based on AIR. The number of candidates included in the All India Merit List will depend on the total number of seats available in each category (OBC-NCL, EWS, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject.
These candidates will be eligible to apply for admission to any of the corresponding at IITs and IISc. Candidates included in the All India Merit List will be based on the category declared by the candidates in their application.
IIT JAM 2021 Cut Off
Candidates will be selected for the counselling on the basis of cut off marks released by the official authority. Candidates should be required IIT JAM minimum cut off marks in each subject for the admission procedure.
After releasing of the cut off marks, candidates will be called for the counselling. Participating institutes will give the admission to the candidates on the basis of cut off marks. All the IITs and IISc will release the separate merit list for providing admission in their campus.
IIT JAM 2021 Counselling
The candidates those name will be listed in the merit list will be called for the counselling. Candidates will be able to attend the IIT JAM counselling through online mode.
Qualified candidates will have to fill the admission form after releasing of the result. The first admission list will be available on 16th June 2021.
The admission form will be available in online mode through the website.
The candidates have to pay Rs. 600/- as admission fee. Candidates can choose the courses in order of preference, percentage, category, qualification etc.
The admission form will be released on 15th to 28th April 2021. Candidates are advised to carry their original documents during the admission.
If you have any other query regarding IIT JAM 2021, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.