KEAM 2020: CEE Kerala Admit Card (Postponed), Exam Dates, Eligibility
KEAM 2020 Examination has been postponed. It will be organized by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala. It is conducted every year as a Kerala state level examination. Through this entrance test, candidates will get admission in the Engineering/ Architecture/ Pharmacy/ Medical & Allied courses in the state of Kerala. For getting admission in medical and allied heath science courses including agriculture, candidates have to qualify the NEET examination. To get complete details regarding KEAM 2020, including application form, eligibility, exam pattern & admit card, go through the article.
KEAM 2020 Notification – Exam Postponed
KEAM 2020 Exam to be scheduled on 20th & 21st April 2020 has been postponed. New dates will be announced soon. Check here for exam dates.
KEAM 2020 Application Form Last Date has been extended till 29th February 2020. Check here for application details.
- Medical Courses: MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS
- Pharmacy Course: B.Pharm
- Allied Courses: B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry, BVSc. & AH, BFSc.
- Engineering Courses: B.Tech [including B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering/Food Engineering & Technology/Dairy Technology/Food Technology)]
- Architecture Course: B.Arch. (No entrance exam is conducted. Admission will be offered on the basis of merit based on NATA Score and marks/grades in the Qualifying Examination)
KEAM 2020 Exam Dates
Here, we have mentioned the complete KEAM schedule. Check the dates carefully and follow it accordingly.
|Opening of application form||1st February 2020|
|Closing of application form||29th February 2020|
|Last date to upload eligibility certificate along with supporting documents||29th February 2020|
|Availability of admit card||10th April 2020|
|Releasing of answer key||4th week of April|
|Announcement of result||on or before 25th May 2020|
|Starting of counselling||4th week of June|
KEAM 2020 Application Form
Candidates are advised to go through the KEAM prospectus carefully after releasing of it. Candidates should fill all the details only as per the details mentioned in the prospectus.
- KEAM 2020 Application form is available through online mode.
- The application form process has been started from 1st February 2020.
- The application can be filled till 29th February 2020.
- All the details should be mentioned correctly in the application form.
- Candidates also have to upload the scanned images of their signature and the photograph while filling application form.
- The correction facility may not be provided, so, candidates are instructed to fill all the details with care.
- Do not send the printout of the application form to the authority.
- The candidates can remit through credit card/debit card/Internet Banking.
- In case of payment through e-challan, the payment can be made in all Head/Sub Post Offices in Kerala, in cash.
- Candidates those will choose the ‘Dubai’ as Examination Centre have to remit an additional fee of Rs.12,000/– through online payment.
|Engineering only/ B.Pharm only/both||700||300|
|Architecture only/Medical & Allied only/both||500||200|
|Both (a) & (b)||900||400|
Note: ST candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
Candidates should satisfy all the KEAM eligibility criteria given below in order to appear in the admission procedure or entrance examination.
- Nativity: Indian citizens are eligible for admission to Professional courses. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can also apply.
- Candidates seeking admission to Professional Degree courses will be categorized as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) and Non-Keralite Category II (NK II).
- Age Criteria: Candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31st December 2020.
- There is no upper age limit for Engineering, Architecture and B.Pharma Courses.
- Candidates should passed 12th from Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 45 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
- Candidates those have passed Higher Secondary Examination with 45% are eligible for admission under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with Mathematics as a subject by securing 50% marks in aggregate.
- OR 10+3 Diploma (any stream) with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of examination.
- OR International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
- The candidates those will score the minimum eligibility marks in NATA 2020 will be considered for admission to B. Arch. course.
Medical & Allied Courses:
- MBBS/BDS/BSMS: Candidates must passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in the 12th with 50% marks in Biology/Biotechnology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology put together.
- BAMS/ BHMS: Candidates those have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th with 50% marks in Biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together.
- BUMS: Candidates must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent examination with 50% aggregate marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and 50% marks in Biology separately.
- B.Sc.(Hons.)Agri., B.Sc.(Hons) Forestry, BFSc: Candidates those have passed 10+2
- with 50% marks in Biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together are eligible. Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
- BVSc. & AH: Candidates should have secured not less than 50% aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the qualifying examination.
- B.Pharma: Candidates those have passed 10+2 with 50% marks in Biology/Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics put together.
KEAM Exam Pattern
Check KEAM exam pattern below:
- Mode of Exam: The written examination will be held through offline (paper pen based) mode.
- Duration: The exam will be of two and half hour for each paper.
- Types of Question: There will be Multiple choice questions asked in the exam.
- No. of Questions: Total 120 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Papers: The exam will be consisting of two papers, i.e. Paper 1 (Physics & Chemistry) & Paper 2 (Mathematics).
- Total Marks: The complete question paper will be of 480 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be allotted for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
|Papers||Subjects||Time Allotted||No. of Questions|
|Paper 1||Physics & Chemistry||150||120|
Note: Candidates those will apply for admission to B.Pharma course will have to write Paper-I (Physics & Chemistry) of the Engineering Entrance Examination.
KEAM 2020 Syllabus
Candidates are instructed to follow the KEAM syllabus which has been prescribed by the official authority. However, the syllabus is prepared separately as per the courses.
Candidates can prepare their 12th class syllabus for all the courses. The syllabus has been prescribed by the CEE, Kerala. Candidates should study the respective subjects which are asked for the examination.
Here, we have mentioned some preparation tips which can help the candidates to score better marks in the examination.
- Follow the syllabus which is prescribed by the official authority.
- Must aware with the exact syllabus. Before starting the preparation for exam, always gathered the exact and accurate syllabus.
- Go through the exam pattern to know the pattern of the examination.
- Attempt online or offline mock tests to make the preparation better.
- Candidates must practice the previous year question papers.
- Maintain your health and do yoga & exercises.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
KEAM 2020 Admit Card
The KEAM 2020 admit card will be available from 10th April 2020. Candidates can download their admit card through online mode only.
The printout of the admit card will have to be produced at the time of examination. Admit card will not be sent by post from office of CEE to any candidate.
Along with the valid admit card candidates have to bring the photo ID approved by the Government of India. Without having valid I proof candidate cannot enter in the examination hall.
KEAM 2020 Answer key
The CEE will publish the answer keys of both the papers of the Engineering Entrance Examination on the website of the CEE. It will also be notified through leading dailies, after the completion of the examination.
If any candidate has any complaint regarding the answer keys, the same should be submitted to the CEE in writing along with supporting documents and a fee of Rs.100/- per question by way of DD in favour of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram, within 5 days from the date of publication of the answer keys.
KEAM 2020 Result
The KEAM result will be declared on or before 25th May 2020. The results will be available on the website and will be to be notified by the CEE. Candidates can download their score card by entering the application number or user name.
The rank lists for Engineering, Architecture, B.Pharm, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied (except MBBS/BDS/BAMS) and Ayurveda will be published separately. The rank lists for all the courses will be published on or before third week of June 2020.
KEAM 2020 Counselling
The admission to all the courses will be offered after the completion of entrance exam and declaration of results. The official authority will publish the admission/counselling schedule on their website. Candidates can check it through online mode.
The KEAM 2020 counselling will be commenced from the fourth week of June 2020. The common counselling will be done by the CEE through online mode. Candidates have to fill their preference at the time of counselling.
A centralized allotment process will be done through the Single Window System (SWS) to offer allotments to various courses & colleges.
The admission to engineering courses will be done on the basis of merit by giving equal weightage of 50:50 to the marks secured in exam & the marks secured in PCM subject together in the qualifying exam.
If you have any other queries about KEAM 2020, you can leave your queries in the given below in the comment box.