NEET 2017: Application Form, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
NEET 2017 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2017 including application form, exam dates, exam pattern & syllabus.
NEET 2017 Notification
Reason for NEET Notification Delay:
Every year NEET application releases in the first week of December. But this year it is being delayed. Language barrier must be a reason for that. As per CBSE, NEET 2017 exam will be held in 8 different languages like Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Assamese and Bengali. Candidates belonging to these territories are demanding the NEET syllabus and other study material in their prescribed language. Due to unavailability of syllabus and other stuff in these languages, CBSE is considering this matter seriously and taking time for that. CBSE is about to decide this issue shortly for providing the application form notification.
- As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017 (except AIIMS & JIPMER). All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only.
- NEET 2017 can be written in 8 regional languages including English, Tamil, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu.
- All the Indian citizen candidates should possess AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI. At the time of filling application form of NEET 2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for NEET 2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be. Click here to Check details.
- Application fee can be paid through Paytm also.
NEET 2017 Exam Dates
NEET Application form will be released in the first half of January 2017. Candidates are suggested to stay tuned with us for latest updates about NEET exam.
|NEET 2017 Notification||January 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form (without late fee)||February 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (without late fee)||February 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form (with late fee)||February 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (with late fee)||February 2017|
|Admit Card Release Date||First week of April 2017|
|NEET 2017 Exam Date||7th May 2017|
|Result Declared||First week of June 2017|
|NEET Counselling||After Result Announcement|
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Nationality: Candidates should be an Indian Nationals or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- Age Limit:
Minimum – The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
Maximum – The maximum age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.
- Qualification: Students must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.
- Percentage Criteria: Students must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45% (for general PH) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories).
You can check detailed NEET Eligibility Criteria 2017 here.
Seat reservation for different categories is given here:
|SC (Schedule Caste)||15%|
|ST (Schedule Tribe)||7.5%|
|OBC–Non Creamy Layer||27%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3% seats (on horizontal basis)|
NEET 2017 Application Form
- Aspirants can apply for NEET exam only through online process.
- The NEET notification 2017 may be available in January 2017.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form as per the given instructions.
- After filling the application form, candidates are required to send the confirmation page along with required documents to the address mentioned below:
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092
The application fee payment can be done through online and offline process:
- Online process: Candidates can pay the fee through credit/debit card/net banking/paytm using online payment gateway.
- Offline process: Payment can be made through the bank challan.
The application fee for NEET exam is mentioned below:
|Fee||Without late fee||With late fee|
|For OBC/General||Rs.1400/-||Rs.2800/- (Rs.1400 + 1400)|
|For SC/ST/PH||Rs.750/-||Rs.2150/- (Rs.750 + 1400)|
NEET Exam Pattern
The examination may be held on 7th May 2017. The exam pattern is given below:
- Courses: It is held for MBBS/BDS courses.
- Number of Questions: The question paper will contain total 180 multiple choice questions with single correct answer.
- Subjects: The paper will be asked from subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany.
- Language: The question paper will be available in 8 languages namely English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Duration: The exam duration will of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer as negative marking.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2017 Syllabus
- NEET syllabus will comprise of four subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
- Questions will be asked from the above mentioned subjects.
- It will contain 11th & 12th board (CBSE & NCERT) academic syllabus.
- Some questions will be asked from the other boards syllabus.
Candidates should gather the complete information about the officially prescribed NEET syllabus 2017 before preparing the exam.
NEET Preparation Tips
NEET exam is very important for the medical aspirants, in order to score good rank in the examination. Candidates have to follow proper schedule and study plan, along with collecting best study material. Here we have listed some of the highly useful preparation tips which will help the students to score good marks in the NEET exam.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
NEET 2017 Admit Card
The NEET Admit Card 2017 will be provided via online mode through the official website of NEET. The admit card will be available to download from the first week of April 2017. Candidates should note down that the admit card will not be sent by post. The admit card will contain exam and candidates related details like exam date, exam centre, name and roll number of the candidate.
NEET 2017 Result
The CBSE board shall publish the result in the first week of June 2017. Students can check the NEET Result 2017 through the official website of the authority. Students are suggested to take the printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission procedure. A merit list will be prepared for admission on the basis of marks obtained by the students in the entrance examination.
NEET 2017 Counselling
The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) will organize the counselling for 15% All India Quota through online mode. Admissions to students will be given as per the ranks scored by them in the entrance examination. Counselling for state quota, central institutions and universities or many others will be organized by their respective counselling authorities. In counselling process, students will be required to choose the colleges as per their choices. Seats will be allotted to students as per choices filled by them and availability of seats.
For any other queries related to NEET 2017, you can leave your comments in the comment box given below.