NEET 2017: Correction, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
NEET 2017 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. Appearance in NEET 2017 will be counted as first (1st) attempt. Application form grievances submission and One Time Correction facility is allowed by login. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2017 including application form, exam dates, exam pattern & syllabus.
NEET 2017 Notification: Exam City Correction Extended
Date of revising the options for centre cities has been extended till 31st March, 2017. Also, one new exam city Nanded (Maharashtra) has been added to the existing list (23 new) of exam cities. Check here for Correction details.
Click here for Newly Added Exam Cities
Notice has been released regarding correction queries.Click here for correction queries.
From 2017 onwards, AIPVT examination has been replaced by NEET 2017 examination. Click here to view Notice.
NEET 2017 application form is over by 1st March. Click here to get details about application form.
Public Notice for the candidates of J&K, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana about Self Declaration. Click here to check details.
Also check NEET 2017 Rules and Regulations.
What is New in NEET 2017?
- Candidates may attempt NEET exam only 3 times until cross the maximum age limit as 25 years for general and 30 years for reserved categories. NEET 2017 will be counted as 1 Attempt for all the candidates. Check Official Notification
- Notice issued about 3 attempts in NEET for those who have made 3 attempts prior to 2017. NEET 2017 will be counted as 1 Attempt for all the candidates. All candidates who could not fill up the application form due to the condition of 3 attempts at AIPMT/NEET will now be able to fill up the application form. Check Details.
- As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017 (except AIIMS & JIPMER). All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only.
- NEET 2017 can be written in 10 regional languages including English, Tamil, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Odia, Kannada and Telugu.
- All the Indian citizen candidates should possess AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI. At the time of filling application form of NEET 2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for NEET 2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records. Click here to Check details.
NEET 2017 Exam Dates
NEET Application form has been released. Candidates are suggested to stay tuned with us for latest updates about NEET exam.
|NEET 2017 Notification||31st January 2017 (Declared)|
|Last date to submit the application form (without late fee)||1st March 2017|
|One Time Correction||7th March to 12th March 2017|
|Admit Card Release Date||15th April 2017|
|NEET 2017 Exam Date||7th May 2017|
|Result Declared||8th June 2017|
|NEET Counselling||After Result Announcement|
NEET Exam Pattern
The examination may held on 7th May 2017. The exam pattern is given below:
- Courses: It is held for MBBS/BDS courses.
- Number of Questions: The question paper will contain total 180 multiple choice questions with single correct answer.
- Subjects: The paper will be asked from subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany.
- Language: The question paper will be available in 10 languages.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Duration: The exam duration will of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer as negative marking.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2017 Syllabus
- NEET syllabus will comprise of four subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
- Questions will be asked from the above mentioned subjects.
- It will contain 11th & 12th board (CBSE & NCERT) academic syllabus.
- Some questions will be asked from the other boards syllabus.
Candidates should gather the complete information about the officially prescribed NEET syllabus 2017 before preparing the exam.
NEET Preparation Tips
NEET exam is very important for the medical aspirants, in order to score good rank in the examination. Candidates have to follow proper schedule and study plan, along with collecting best study material. Here we have listed some of the highly useful preparation tips which will help the students to score good marks in the NEET exam.
Click here for previous years question papers of NEET (AIPMT).
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Nationality: Candidates should be an Indian Nationals or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- Aadhaar Card: Aadhaar card is mandatory for all candidates except belonging to Assam, J&K and Meghalaya state.
- Age Limit:
Minimum – The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
Maximum – The maximum age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.
- Attempts: Candidates may attempt the exam only 3 times untill cross the maximum age limit. NEET 2017 will be counted as 1 Attempt for all the candidates.
- Qualification: Students must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.
- Percentage Criteria: Students must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45% (for general PH) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories).
You can check detailed NEET Eligibility Criteria 2017 here.
Also Check NEET 2017 Qualification Code.
Seat reservation for different categories is given here:
|SC (Schedule Caste)||15%|
|ST (Schedule Tribe)||7.5%|
|OBC–Non Creamy Layer||27%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3% seats (on horizontal basis)|
NEET 2017 Application Form
- Aspirants can apply for NEET exam only through online process.
- The NEET notification 2017 has been released.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form as per the given instructions.
- The authority may also provide the correction facility only in some particular fields.
- After submission of the application form, take the print out of confirmation page but there is no need to send the confirmation page.
The application fee payment can be done through online process:
- Online process: Candidates can pay the fee through credit/debit card/net banking/e-wallet using online payment gateway.
The application fee for NEET exam is mentioned below:
|Fee||Without late fee|
Documents to be Prepared for NEET Application:
- Valid Aadhaar card
- Recent colored passport size Photograph
- Personal, academic and address details
- Recent colored photograph scan copy (size between 10KB to 100KB)
- Signature scan copy (size between 3kb to 20kb)
- Right hand index finger scan copy (size between 3kb to 20kb)
- Debit/credit card or payment details
- Valid Email ID and password
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Click here for more General FAQs
Click here for Aadhaar FAQs
Click here for New FAQs
NEET 2017 Admit Card
The NEET Admit Card 2017 will be provided via online mode through the official website of NEET. The admit card will be available to download from 15th April 2017. Candidates should note down that the admit card will not be sent by post. The admit card will contain exam and candidates related details like exam date, exam centre, name and roll number of the candidate.
NEET 2017 Result
The CBSE board shall publish the result in the 8th June 2017. Students can check the NEET Result 2017 through the official website of the authority. Students are suggested to take the printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission procedure. A merit list will be prepared for admission on the basis of marks obtained by the students in the entrance examination.
You may also check:
NEET 2018 will be Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. This exam will be organized for admission into MBBS & BDS courses. It is a national level examination. Candidates will be able to get application form from the Last week of December 2017.
NEET 2017 Counselling
The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) will organize the counselling for 15% All India Quota through online mode. Admissions to students will be given as per the ranks scored by them in the entrance examination. NEET Counselling 2017 for state quota, central institutions and universities or many others will be organized by their respective counselling authorities. In counselling process, students will be required to choose the colleges as per their choices. Seats will be allotted to students as per choices filled by them and availability of seats.
For any other queries related to NEET 2017, you can leave your comments in the comment box given below.