TNEA 2024: Application Form, Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria
TNEA 2024 Admission Procedure will be organised by the Anna University every year. TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission) is organised to provide admission in UG Engineering programs such as B. Tech and B.E. degree courses. It is a state level admission procedure organised each year. The admission will be provided based on 12th level scores. Selected candidates name will appear in the rank list. Qualified candidates will get admission in various private and government Engineering colleges/ institutes affiliated by Anna University. Here in this article, we have provided detailed information about TNEA 2024 such as application form, eligibility, etc.
TNEA 2024 Overview
|Full form||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission|
|Conducting authority||Anna University|
|Admission level||State level|
|Offered course||UG Engineering course|
|Application Mode||Online mode|
TNEA 2024 Important Dates
Here are the tentative admission dates for TNEA 2024 provided below:
|Events||Dates 2024 (Tentative)|
|Notification release||2nd week of June 2024|
|Online application form release||3rd week of June 2024|
|Last date to submit||4th week of July 2024|
|Random number allotment||1st week of August 2024|
|Certificate verification||1st week of August 2024|
|Declaration of Rank list||3rd week of August 2024|
|Grievances Addressal||3rd week of August 2024|
|Counselling for special reservation category||4th week of August 2024|
|Commencement of General category||4th week of August to 2nd week of October 2024|
|1st round Choice Filling||2nd week of September 2024|
TNEA 2024 Application Form
Check the TNEA 2024 Application form details in the given below section:
- TNEA 2024 Application Form will be released in third week of June 2024.
- Candidates will have to provide their basic, personal, academic, contact details, etc. in the fill the application form.
- Registration Form for TNEA 2024 will be made available through online mode only.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must check the complete eligibility criteria.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature in prescribed size and format.
- The last date for submission of application form will be fourth week of July 2024.
- Take the printout of the application form and payment receipt for future reference.
- The TNEA 2024 application fee will be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to pay the fee using Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net banking.
- Application fee will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
The application fee for different category are as follows:
|General Category||Rs. 500/-|
|Reserved category (ST/ SC/ SCA)||Rs. 250/-|
How to Apply for TNEA 2024
Candidates can check the steps to fill the TNEA 2024 application form below:
- Step-1: Visit the website (link will be given above).
- Step-2: Click on “New Registration” button.
- Step-3: For registration candidates have to enter mobile number and email address.
- Step-4: After registration, candidates have to enter the details such as candidate name, education qualification, contact details, etc. to fill the application form.
- Step-5: Pay the application fee through online mode using credit card, debit card, etc.
- Step-6: Click on “Save and Continue” button.
- Step-7: Download the application form and PDF file will appear.
TNEA 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of TNEA 2024 is mentioned below:
- Candidates must have passed 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th level exam located in Tamil Nadu from any recognized board.
- If candidates have passed 8th to 12th class or its equivalent outside Tamil Nadu then they should have Original Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/ digitally signed e-certificate.
- Children of Central Government Employees will also be eligible to apply for admission of their native (from past five year) at the time of submission of application.
- Candidates who are Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee studies in Tamil Nadu will be consider under open competition. They have to show the following certificates:
- Identification certificate from the Head Quarters Tahsildar.
- Those who will not register in the refugee camp should produce original passport, visa and letter registered with Police Station.
- Candidates must qualify 11th & 12th class or equivalent from any recognised board.
- In qualifying exam, candidates must pass with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry to be eligible.
The minimum marks candidates must score are given below:
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim||40%|
|MBC & DNC||40%|
|SC/ ST/ SCA||40%|
For Marine Engineering course:
- Age limit: The maximum age of candidate will be 25 years.
- Qualification: Candidates must pass 12th intermediate or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Marks: The minimum marks candidates must score at least 60% in PCM and 50% marks in English.
- Subject: In qualifying exam, candidate must pass with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English to be eligible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
TNEA 2024 Rank List
The TNEA Rank List will be released in third week of August 2024. Candidates will be able to check the rank list by entering registered email ID and password. The merit list will be based on candidate’s marks in qualifying exam. The marks candidates will secure in qualifying exam will be reduced to the basis of 200 marks (100 of Mathematics and 50 for Physics, and 50 Chemistry).
The authority will use the normalisation method to prepare the TNEA rank list. The candidates who will be selected based on merit list will be called for the counselling procedure.
TNEA 2024 Cut Off
The TNEA 2024 Cut Off will be released by the Anna University through online mode. The cut off marks will be minimum marks that candidates have to score to get admission in top colleges. Candidates who will satisfy the cut off marks will get admission in various professional courses in different colleges.
TNEA cut off will be released in August 2024. The cut off will be prepared on the basis of various factors such as number of candidates applied, availability of seats, and performance of the candidate in qualifying exam, etc.
TNEA 2024 Counselling
TNEA 2024 Counselling will be started from fourth week of August to second week of October 2024 for general category. Candidates whose name will appear in the rank list they will be called for counselling process. The candidates will have to login into the portal by entering their user ID and Password. The counselling will be done in four rounds such as choice filling, allotment, confirmation of allotment and reporting to college.
The candidates will have to fill the choices of college and branches based on their preferences. After filling the preferences, candidates have to pay the counselling fee. Candidates have to carry their original documents for verification at the time of counselling.
Documents Required for Verification:
- 10th class marksheet
- 12th class marksheet
- Caste Certificate
- Identity proof i.e. Aadhar Card
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate, etc.
Below we have provided list of participating institutes of TNEA:
- Thiagarajan College of Engineering, Maduri
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai
- Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Kongu Engineering College, Erode
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur
- Velammal Engineering College, Chennai
- Josheph’s College of Engineering, Chennai, etc.
If you have any other query related to TNEA 2024, then you can ask us in the comments section below.