WBJEE 2018: Counselling Schedule, Choice Filling & Admission Process
WBJEE 2018 Seat Allotment has been released on 4th July 2018. It is conducted for offering admission to the candidates in the UG courses of Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is managed by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). It is a state level entrance exam through which candidates can get admission into various colleges and universities in the state of West Bengal. Here, in this article, we are providing detailed information about WBJEE 2018.
WBJEE 2018 Notifications:
WBJEE 2019 Notification has been released. The application form will be released from 26th December 2018. Check here for WBJEE 2019.
WBJEE 2018 Seat Allotment (3rd Round) has been released on 4th July 2018. Check here for counselling details.
WBJEE 2018 Mop Up Round Counselling Notice & Schedule has been released now. Check here for counselling details.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
WBJEE 2018 Seat Allotment for 2nd round has been released on 27th June 2018. Check here for counselling details.
WBJEE 2018 Seat Allotment Result for first round has been released on 19th June 2018. Check here for counselling details.
WBJEE 2018 Main Counselling (Registration & Choice Filling) has been started from 9th June 2018. Check here for counselling details.
WBJEE 2018 Seat Matrix has been released now. Check here for seat matrix details.
WBJEE 2018 Mock Counselling has been started from 28th May 2018. Check here for counselling details.
WBJEE 2018 Result (Rank Card) has been declared on 23rd May 2018. Check here for result details.
WBJEE 2018 Final Answer Key has been released now. Check here for answer key details.
WBJEE 2018 OMR Recorded Response has been released now on 12th May 2018. Check here for OMR response.
WBJEE 2018 Answer Keys (official) have been released now through login. Check here for answer key details.
WBJEE 2018 Answer Keys (Solutions) have been released by various coaching Institutions. Check here for answer key & solution details.
Click here to check WBJEE 2018 Information Brochure.
WBJEE 2018 Admit Card has been released on 10th April 2018. Check here for admit card details.
WBJEE 2018 Application Form has been closed now. Candidates can download the confirmation page till 28th January 2018. Check here for application form.
WBJEE 2018 Application Correction has been started from 25th January 2018.Check here for application correction details.
Notice has been released regarding WBJEE 2018 Cancelled Applications.Click here to check notification.
WBJEE 2018 Image Correction (Photograph & Signature) has been started now. Check here for image correction.
WBJEE Exam Dates
Here candidates can get the official schedule of WBJEE 2018.
|Availability of Information Brochure||18th November 2017|
|Online Application Form Starts||19th December 2017|
|Last date of online form fill-up including payment||19th January 2018|
|Last date of downloading confirmation page||28th January 2018|
|Correction Window Open||25th January to 28th January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||10th April 2018|
|Date of Exam||22nd April 2018|
|Paper-I (Mathematics)||11:00 AM to 1.00 PM|
|Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)||2:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
|Answer Key Release||5th May 2018|
|Challenge the answer key||7th May 2018 (11:59 PM)|
|OMR Recorded Response Release||12th May 2018|
|Last date to claim for Review||14th May 2018 (11:59 PM)|
|Final Answer Key Release||22nd May 2018|
|Result Publication||23rd May 2018|
|Mock Counselling Starts||28th May to 2nd June 2018|
|Main Counselling Starts||9th June 2018|
WBJEE Counselling 2018
- Candidates are called for the counselling on the basis of the WBJEE cut-off marks.
- The notification related to the e-counselling/seat allotment has been posted through online mode in our website.
- The WBJEE 2018 counselling is held through online mode from 9th June 2018.
- In the counselling process, candidates have to choose the college & programmes according their preferences.
- The counselling is organized in three rounds.
- Candidates have to report at the reporting center for document verification.
- The seat are allotted to the candidates on the basis of the merit & preference of the candidates.
WBJEE 2019 exam will be conducted to offer admission in UG Architecture, Pharmacy and Engineering courses. It is a state level examination organized by the WBJEE Board. Various government and private colleges and universities in West Bengal state consider the WBJEE score to offer admission.
WBJEE Answer Key 2018
WBJEE 2018 Answer Key has been published through online mode after the examination. Candidate are able to challenge the answer key by login into account with password. Candidates can challenge the answer key through online mode on payment of Rs. 500 per question via net banking/debit card/ credit card/ e-Challan. The fee is non-refundable. WBJEE Decision is final on the challenges & no further communication is entertained. The final answer key has been released on 22nd May 2018.
WBJEE 2018 Result
Candidates are able to check their results through online mode. The WBJEE 2018 Result has been declared on 23rd May 2018. The result has been published in the form of Rank Cards, which contain all relevant ranks, total score & component scores in Paper-I (Mathematics) & paper-II (Physics & Chemistry). After the result declaration, the cut-off list will be published by the authority.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Click here to check WBJEE 2018 More FAQs.
WBJEE Application Form 2018
Candidates can check below some important instruction regarding WBJEE 2018 application form:
- The WBJEE 2018 application form was available in online mode from our website.
- Candidates can get the application form from the 19th December 2017 till 19th January 2018.
- Last date to download the confirmation page was 28th January 2018.
- During WBJEE Registration, candidates have to upload their scanned documents.
- Candidates are informed to keep the printout of the confirmation page for further reference.
- The image (photograph & signature) correction was started from 2nd January 2018.
- If any mistake was made by the candidates while filling the form, it was corrected before the last date of window correction. The correction period was started from the 25th to 28th January 2018.
Documents required to be uploaded in the application form:
- Latest colored passport size photograph
- Left hand thumb impression
- Category certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Registration certificate/ admit card/ mark sheet of class 10th
- Income certificate
- PWD certificate
- The application fee was Rs. 500 plus bank service charges.
- Candidates can make payment through offline (e-Challan of Allahabad Bank) and online (debit/credit card/net banking) mode.
The eligibility criteria for WBJEE is given below in detail:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: Student’s age should be about 17 years as on 31st December 2018.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for WBJEE.
- Candidates born on or after 1st January 2002 are not eligible.
- For Marine Engineering Course, the minimum age should be 17 years as on 31st December 2018 & upper age limit should be 25 years as on 31st December 2018.
For Engineering Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to pass 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates have to qualify their qualifying examination with Physics & Mathematics along with one of the subjects Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry/ Computer Science/Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC, PwD category) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Candidate must pass English in the 10+2 examination with minimum 30% marks.
- Appearing Candidates can also apply.
For Pharmacy Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should qualify the 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates must qualify the above examinationPhysics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure at least 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD category) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Candidate must pass English in the 10+2 examination with minimum 30% marks.
WBJEE 2018 Admit Card
WBJEE 2018 Admit Card has been released from the 10th April 2018. The admit card is issued through online mode from our website. The admit card contain the all details of the candidates and exam related necessary instructions. Without admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter in the examination hall. Keep the admit card safe till the admission process is not over. No duplicate admit card will be provided to the candidates.
WBJEE Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for WBJEE is given below in detail:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held through offline mode (OMR Pattern).
- Total Marks: The whole question paper will consist of 200 marks.
- Type of Questions: The question will consist of multiple choice questions.
- Answering Mode: Candidates should use blue/black ball point pen for darkening the appropriate circle completely.
- Subjects: Question paper will comprise of three subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- No. of Questions: Total 155 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Negative Marking: In category- I & category II, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no negative marking in category-III.
|Papers||Subjects||Category-I (1 marks)||Category-II|
|Category-III (2 marks)||Total Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
|No. of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
Note: In Category-I: Only one answer option is correct.
In Category-II: Only one answer option is correct.
In Category-III: One or more answer options are correct.
WBJEE Syllabus 2018
The WBJEE Syllabus 2018 will be asked from the subjects like Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Candidates can go though these subjects on the basis of syllabus prescribed in class 11th & 12th.
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions
- Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid state Electronics
- Optics (II) Wave Optics
- Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction
- Bulk properties of matter
- Heat & Thermal Physics
- Laws of motion
- Work, power, energy
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Optics I (Ray optics)
- Particle nature of light & wave particle dualism
- Atoms, Molecules & Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemical Energetic and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Chemistry in Industry
If you have any queries about WBJEE 2018, you can leave your query below in the comment box.