CLAT 2021: Application Form (Released), Exam Dates (Revised), Eligibility
CLAT 2021 Exam Dates has been revised. It will be now held on 13th June 2021. Application Form has been released from 1st January 2021. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted on rotational basis by 22 National Law Universities (NLU’s) of India. Through CLAT, candidates will get admission into UG & PG degree law programmes. The admission will be offered in various renowned law universities all over India. Here we are providing details regarding application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, and much more regarding CLAT 2021.
CLAT 2021 Notifications – Application Revised
CLAT 2021 Application Form has been released from 1st January 2021. Check Here for application details.
Note: Candidates can get fastest updates regarding CLAT 2021 Application via SMS/E-mail. Click here to subscribe us.
CLAT 2021 Exam Dates has been revised. It will be held on 13th June 2021. Check Here for exam date details.
CLAT 2021 Highlights
When can i apply for CLAT 2021? – From 1st January, Check application form
Which NLU will conduct CLAT 2021? 13th June 2021
I am in 11th class. Can i apply for CLAT? – No, (12th Passed or Appearing can apply), Check Eligibility
How can i apply? Online mode only.
Will be there any changes in CLAT Exam Pattern? – No, Check exam pattern
CLAT 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates must go through following table regarding official CLAT Exam Dates for 2021 session:
|Application form releases||1st January 2021|
|Last date to apply||31st March 2021|
|Last date for online fee payment||4th week of March|
|Admit card availability||3rd week of April|
|CLAT 2021 Exam||13th June 2021|
|Answer key publish||–|
CLAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates must go through following details regarding CLAT 2021 Application Form:
- The application form has been released from 1st January 2021.
- The last date for registration will be till 31st March 2021.
- Applicants can submit the application form via online mode.
- At the time of registration, candidates must provide valid/ working email ID & phone number in the application form.
- Also it will be mandatory for candidates to upload scanned images of passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format and size.
- The CLAT Application correction facility will be also provided for limited time period to make necessary changes in the application details.
- At last, candidates are advised to also take printout of filled in application form for further use.
- Candidates can submit the application fee via online (credit card/ debit card) mode.
- General/ OBC/ PwD/ SAP category candidates have to submit Rs.4000 as application fee.
- The application fee for SC/ ST category candidates is Rs.3000.
Check here– How to Fill CLAT Application Form
CLAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check following CLAT eligibility norms before applying for exam:
UG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify 12th examination with any recognized board or university to be eligible.
- Percentage: General/ OBC category candidates must score 45% marks in the qualifying exam & 40% marks for SC/ ST category candidates to be eligible.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible for the examination. In this case, candidates also have to prove an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
PG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Candidates must have qualified LLB or any other qualifying examination to be eligible for the examination.
- Percentage: General category candidates must score minimum 50% marks, 45% for reserved category candidates to be eligible for the examination.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam will be also eligible for the examination. In this case, candidates will also have to prove an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
CLAT 2021 Quick Links
CLAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through following details regarding CLAT Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: CLAT 2021 examination will be organized via offline (Pen-paper based) mode.
- Time Duration: Candidates will be given 2 hours to complete the exam.
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) will be asked in the examination.
- of Questions: There will be 150 questions in UG & 150 questions in PG exam.
- Medium Language: Questions will be asked in English language medium.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark. For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Candidates must check following table to know marks distribution in PG exam:
|PG Law course|
|Other law subjects such as Contracts, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc.||50|
CLAT 2021 Syllabus
CLAT Syllabus includes 6 sections – English (including comprehension), General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
Candidates are advised to go through complete CLAT syllabus through the information brochure. Some of the topic included in each section will be as:
- English including comprehension: It includes topics as understanding of the passage & its central theme, meaning of words using therein, fill in the blanks
- General Knowledge & Current: It will include topics as static general knowledge, question & current affairs, national & international current affairs and much more.
- Mathematics: In this section, candidate’s knowledge related to elementary mathematics will be checked.
- Legal Aptitude: It will include topics as study of law, research aptitude, and problem solving ability.
- Logical Reasoning: It will include variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogism, logical sequences or analogies etc.
CLAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Here we are providing tips & tricks for CLAT preparation:
- Make proper schedule & strictly follow it.
- Prepare as per exam pattern & syllabus.
- Practice mock test to check speed of solving question paper.
- Do revision regularly for good preparation.
- Take nutritious diet & do yoga.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
CLAT 2021 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download CLAT Admit card via online mode. Candidates will have to use their login credentials to download admit card. It will be mandatory for all applied candidates to carry hall ticket at the examination center.
CLAT 2021 Admit card will contain all the details like candidates name, roll no., exam timing, time to reach examination hall, & all the important instructions. It will be compulsory to follow all the given instructions.
CLAT 2021 Answer Key
CLAT 2021 Answer Key will be released by NLUO Cuttack. It will be released in the month of June 2021. Candidates will have to visit the website to check answer key. It will be published via online mode.
Using the CLAT answer key, candidates will be able to assume their marks even before the result declaration. It will contain answer of all the questions asked in the question paper.
CLAT 2021 Result
The exam conducting authority will release the CLAT 2021 Result. Candidates will be able to check their result by entering their roll number & name. It will be declared in the last week of June 2021.
Result will contain all the details like candidates name, roll number, marks secured in each subject, total marks, percentage, & result status (pass or fail).
CLAT 2021 Cut Off
Cut Off will be based on various factors such as no. of candidates, candidates marks scored in the examination, difficulty level of examination and much more. CLAT 2021 Cut off will be the minimum marks which candidates have to score to qualify the examination.
Cut Off will be made available after the declaration of the result. Only those candidates will be invited for counselling who will reach the cut-off criteria.
CLAT 2021 Counselling
After declaration of CLAT Result & cut off, the authority will release counseling process. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of ranks, category and no. of available seats. To participate in the CLAT 2021 Counselling process, candidates will have to submit the counselling fee of Rs. 50, 000 for participation.
It will be mandatory for all category candidates to participate in the counselling process. The admission will be given to candidates after the fee payment & verification of the documents.
If you have any other query regarding CLAT 2021, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.