JEE Advanced 2019: Registration, Application Form, Dates, Syllabus
Latest Applications Open 2019:
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Date has been announced. It will be organized by one of seven Zonal Coordinating IITs on behalf of Joint Admission Board (JAB). JEE Advanced is a national level entrance exam to get admission in Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree. In 2019, the exam will be conducted by the IIT, Roorkee. Through this exam, candidates can get admission in Engineering, Sciences or Architecture courses. Candidates can get the complete information of JEE Advanced 2019 in this article.
JEE Advanced 2019 Notifications – Exam Date Released
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Date has been released. The examination will be conducted on 19th May 2019. Check here for more dates.
The JEE Advanced 2019 examination will be existed. IIT Council has disposed the proposal of IITs to stop conducting JEE Advanced exam. Check here for more details.
JEE Main 2019 examination will be regulated by NTA (National Testing Agency). The examination will be conducted on 6th – 20th January 2019 (Jan session) and 7th – 21st April 2019 (April session). Check here JEE Main 2019.
New Changes in JEE Advanced Last Year
Last year, some new changes has introduced in the JEE Advanced examination. Candidates must note them carefully.
- The examination is organizing through online mode.
- For JEE advanced, only top 2,24,000 lacs JEE Main qualified candidates (including all categories) will be eligible. Those obtain the positive marks in JEE Main (Paper-1), are only eligible.
- The application fee is increased because of GST.
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Date
Here, we are providing the tentative dates of the JEE Advanced examination. The official dates will be updated after announced by the official authority.
|Starting of online registration||1st week of May|
|Closing of registration||2nd week of May|
|Releasing of admit card||3rd week of May|
|Date of Exam||19th May 2019 (Announced)|
|Exam response sheet send to the candidates||4th week of May|
|Releasing of answer key||Last week of May|
|Receiving of objections||Last week of May|
|Announcement of result||2nd week of June|
|AAT online registration date||2nd week of June|
|Exam date||2nd week of June|
|Declaration result||3rd week of June|
|Seat allotment||3rd week of June|
JEE Advanced Registration 2019
The official authority will release the information brochure before application form. With the information brochure, candidates can get all the details about the examination and the form filling process.
Latest Applications Open 2019:
- Candidates can start registration from the first week of May 2019.
- JEE Advanced registration 2019 can be done through online mode only.
- Candidates will be allowed to do the registration till the second week of May 2019.
- After completing the registration process, candidates have to fill their academic and educational details. They will also have to fill the exam city preference.
- Candidates have to upload all the required scanned documents and the pay the requisite application fee.
- The authority will not provide any correction facility in the application.
Documents to be uploaded at the time of registration:
- 10th certificate (if the date of birth is mentioned in it) OR birth certificate.
- 12th (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those appeared for this examination in 2018 or whose board declared the class XII (or equivalent examination) result after June 2017.
- If the name is not same as in the class X certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name.
- Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC-NCL)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- PIO card or OCI certificate (if applicable)
- The fee can be paid through online (debit card & net banking) or offline (SBI Challan) mode.
- The application fee will neither refundable nor transferable.
Registration fee for exam centers in India
|Category||Female Candidates (all categories)||SC/ST/PwD||All Other Candidates|
|Fee||Rs. 1300 + GST**||Rs. 1300 + GST**||Rs. 2600 + GST**|
|Registration Fee for Examination Centres in Foreign countries|
|Category||SAARC Countries)||Non-SAARC Countries)|
|All Candidates||USD 160 + GST**||USD 300 + GST**|
Before filling the application form, candidates should check the eligibility to appear in the examination. The detailed eligibility is given below:
- Nationality: Indian Nationals/PIO/OCI/Foreign national candidates can apply.
- Age Limit: The applying candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1994. 5 years of age relaxation for SC/ST and PwD candidates.
- Number of Attempts: Candidate can attempt JEE Advance maximum of two times in a consecutive years.
|JEE Main 2019||It is mandatory to appear in JEE Main 2019 for appearing in JEE Advanced 2019.|
|Performance in JEE Main 2019||Candidate should come under the top 2, 24, 000* (including all categories) in Paper 1 of JEE Main 2019.|
|Appearance in class 12th or equivalent examination||A candidate should have appeared for the Class 12th or equivalent examination for the first time in either 2018 or 2019.|
If any Board declares the results for the academic year 2016-17 after June 2017, then the candidates of that board those appeared for their class XII exam in 2017 are also eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2019.
|Earlier Admission at IITs||A candidate should not have been admitted in any IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program OR accepted an IIT seat by reporting in the center in the past. Candidates those admissions at IITs was cancelled after joining any IIT are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2019.|
Candidates those have been studying in a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2018 can appear in JEE Advanced 2018.
The candidates those paid seat acceptance fee in 2018 but (i) did not report at any reporting centre OR, (ii) withdrew before the last round of seat allotment, OR, (iii) had their seat cancelled (for whatever reason) before the last round of seat allotment for IITs, during the joint seat allocation in 2018 are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced.
|Performance in 12th or Equivalent Examination||Candidates should secure 75% marks (65% in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in 10+2 or equivalent examination.|
Candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in their particular 10+2 or equivalent examination.
Candidates, those appeared in 10+2 (or equivalent) examination in 2018 but reappeared in 2019, the best of two percentage will be considered.
Note: The total number of candidates can be slightly greater than 2,24,000 in the presence of “tied” ranks/scores in any category.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern here, which will be followed in the exam.
- Mode: From 2018, the exam is conducting through online mode.
- Paper: JEE Advanced 2019 will be consisting of two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2). Both papers are compulsory to attempt.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours will be provided for each paper. Some extra time will be given to the PwD candidates.
- Shift: The paper 1 will be conducted from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and paper 2 will be organized from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Language: The language of the exam will be in English and Hindi.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects will be asked in the exam.
- Negative Marking: There is a provision of negative marking. It is different for each paper.
JEE Advanced Syllabus
The JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus is given below. However, the syllabus will be comprised of physics, chemistry and mathematic subjects.
Physics: General, Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics and Modern Physics.
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Vectors.
Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry.
AAT Exam: Freehand drawing, Geometrical Drawing, Three-dimensional perception, Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity and Architectural awareness.
JEE Advanced Preparation Tips
Candidates can get some tips and tricks for the JEE Advanced exam preparation.
- Practice the mock tests because it is a best way to familiarize with the exam pattern and types of questions.
- Make a smart schedule for self-study of all the relevant subjects deeply.
- Collect all the materials related to the officially prescribed syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- Choose the right study material which covers the entire syllabus. Must go through NCERT books for preparation also.
- Solve previous years papers as many as possible.
- Stay healthy and do revision on a daily basis.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Here we have added some of the most asked questions by the candidates regarding the exam.
JEE Advanced Admit Card 2019
Candidates should go through the guidelines given below to get the JEE Advanced admit card 2019.
- Candidates can get their admit card through online mode.
- The admit card will be released by the authority in the third week of May 2019.
- The admit card will bear the candidate’s photograph and signature along with other necessary details related to the exam.
- In case of any discrepancy in the printed admit card, candidates should immediately contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2019 of the respective zonal coordinating IIT.
- Candidates also have to bring one original photo Id proof at the time of examination.
JEE Advanced Answer Key
The authority will release the JEE Advanced answer key after one-two days of the examination. Candidate’s responses marked in the exam will be sent to their registered email Id. The answer keys will be displayed through online mode.
Through candidate portal, candidates can send their feedbacks regarding official answer key. Candidates have to send the feedback before the date prescribed for respective activity.
A common rank list will be prepared by the authority. For preparatory courses, a separate category-wise merit list will be generated.
JEE Advanced Result 2019
To get the result, candidates must go through the points given below:
- The JEE Advanced result 2019 will be declared in the second week of June 2019.
- Candidates can view their results through online mode only.
- Category-wise All India Ranks of qualified candidates will be available through the online portal after the results are declared.
- The authority will also send the text messages to the candidates to their registered mobile numbers.
- No individual rank cards will be sent to any candidate.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2019: for B. Arch. Programmes
- B.Arch. programme is available only at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee. Candidates those will pass the JEE Advanced 2019 can appear in AAT.
Candidates have to register online at the JEE Advanced 2019 online portal for AAT. The test will be of 3 hours duration. The question paper will be available in English language. No separate admit card will be issued for AAT.
The Joint Implementation Committee will decide the cut-off marks for cleared the AAT. Candidates securing marks above the cut-off will be declared pass in the test. There is no ranking in the AAT.
JEE Advanced Rank List
The candidates those appeared in paper 1 and paper 2 will only be considered for the rank list. The rank list will be prepared combining the marks of Paper 1 and paper 2. Rank list will be based on aggregate marks in JEE Advanced 2019.
The reservations of seats as per the categories are given below:
|Other Backward Classes-Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||5%|
Allotment of seat will be purely based on the category-wise All India Rank in the JEE (Advanced) 2019. In JoSAA counselling seat allotment process will be started from the third week of June to third week of July 2019. The complete schedule will be declared by the JoSSA itself.
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the authority to conduct a centralized counselling for admission into IITs, NITs, ISM & other Government FITs. Candidates those will be considered qualified can participate in JoSAA seat allocation process and fill their choices of courses.
If you have any other queries about JEE Advanced 2019, you can ask your query below in the comment box.