NEET 2020: Admit Card, Exam Date (Revised), Exam Pattern, Syllabus
NEET 2020 Exam Date has been revised. The exam will be conducted Once in a Year in Offline mode. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the NEET exam.
NTA will organize the examination on 13th September 2020. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level medical entrance exam. It is organized to provide admissions in MBBS, BDS & Ayush Courses.
NEET 2020 Highlights
Admit Card Releasing on – Tentatively August
How to Download Admit Card – Online Mode
Single National Level Medical Exam? – Yes
NEET 2020 Online or Offline? – Offline (confirmed)
Twice in a Year? No (only once on 26th July)
What is Passing Mark for NEET 2020? 120 to 180 out of 720 (approx for Gen)
Can I get admission in MBBS with 400 marks in NEET? Yes (quite good score for first-tier private colleges but a bit low for Govt colleges. 480+ is good score for Govt colleges)
Click here to Subscribe admit card alert via Email/SMS & Get a chance to win Rs. 500/- Paytm Cash*.
NEET 2020 Notifications – Exam Date Revised
NEET 2020 Exam Date has been revised. The exam will be held on 13th September 2020. Check here for dates – application, admit card, exam, result & counselling.
NEET 2020 Application Form Correction is re-starting from 4th July 2020. Check here for correction details.
NEET 2020 Admit Card has been delayed. Tentatively it will be released prior 15 days from the examination. Check here for admit card details.
NEET 2020 exam will be single medical examination for admission to MBBS course. Admission in MBBS course offered by JIPMER & AIIMS institutions will be done through NEET UG 2020 scores. Click here to Subscribe all future updates & alerts via Email/SMS.
With effect to new changes introduced by HRD ministry in the year 2019, NTA is the newly formulated body which will conduct NEET Entrance test every year.
Candidates have to qualify this entrance test to get admission in well known medical institutions in the country. Candidates can read this article for detailed information of NEET 2020 like exam dates, application form, eligibility, syllabus and much more:
NEET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below various official NEET exam dates:
|Application form release||2nd December 2019|
|Last date for Submission of application form||6th January 2020 (Extended)|
Last date of successful transaction of fee
|7th January 2020|
|Application form correction starts||1st to 14th April, 2020|
|Last date for correction in application form||31st January 2020|
|NEET (UG) Admit Card||August 2020 (Tentative)|
|NEET 2020 Exam Date||13th September 2020|
|Answer key||July 2020|
|Result announcement||August 2020|
|Counselling date||August 2020|
NEET 2020 Admit Card
NTA will provide NEET 2020 Admit Card in the month of August 2020. NEET Admit card will be made available through online mode. The board will also send admit card (copy) in PDF format to candidates registered email ID. Candidates will have to also fix their passport size photograph on the admit card.
A candidate who will not bring the admit card to the examination hall under any circumstance will not be permitted to give exam. An invigilator will check the admit card of each candidate for identification. Along with admit card, candidates also have to bring passport size photograph, ID card and PWD category certificate (if any).
|NEET Exam Dates||Admit Card|
|Exam Pattern||Preparation Tips|
Click here to check more Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here to Ask your Questions.
Click here to Subscribe upcoming updates via Email/SMS & Get a chance to win Rs. 500/- Paytm Cash*.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check below NEET Exam Pattern before starting the exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: NEET 2020 exam will be conducted through offline (pen-paper based) mode.
- Questions Type: Question paper will contain objective type of questions.
- Medium: The question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada Languages.
- No of questions: There will be total 180 questions in the paper.
- Total Marks: The paper will be total of 720 marks.
- Duration: NEET exam duration is 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will award 4 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Check below distribution of no. of questions & marks for each subject:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Biology (Botany or zoology)||90 (45 – 45 each)||360|
NEET 2020 Syllabus
NEET Syllabus for UG courses is common syllabus prescribed by MCI (Medical Council of India). Candidates can prepare from the syllabus of Class 11th& 12th topics studied in each subject. Check the detailed syllabus of NEET UG 2020 online.
NEET (UG) contain topics from Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects. Some of the topics from each subject will be as:
Physics: It contain Laws of Motion, Electrostatic, Electromagnetic Waves, Electronic Devices, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Properties of Bulk Matter, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, etc.
Chemistry: Topics are some basic concept of chemistry, Equilibrium, Hydrogen, Electro Chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, p-Block Elements, etc.
Biology: Some basic topics are Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Ecology & Environment, Cell Structure and Function, Diversity in Living World, Biology and Human Welfare, etc.
NEET 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through various NEET preparation tips given below to enhance your exam preparation and qualify the test:
- Candidate must make a study time table & follow that timetable strictly.
- Candidate must check NEET 2020 syllabus & exam pattern before starting the exam preparation.
- Practice from previous year question paper and sample papers.
- Take care of your health while preparing for the exams.
- Focus on weaker topics first and keep practicing.
- Practice online mock tests.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
NEET 2020 Answer Key
NEET 2020 Answer Key will be released in September 2020. Through NEET answer key, candidates will be able to check their answers & can predict their marks of entrance test. Candidates will have to login through their user ID & password to check the answer key.
The authority will also give an opportunity to candidate to make online challenge against answer key. Candidates will have to pay fee per answer to challenge the answer key.
NEET 2020 Cut-Off
Candidates will have to score more than the NEET 2020 Cut-Off marks to qualify the examination. The NEET Cut-off will depend upon various factors like no. of candidates appearing in exam, difficulty level of exam, students’ performance, etc.
Looking back at previous trends, the minimum cut-off percentile to qualify the exam is 50% for general category & 45% for PH category and 40% for other reserved categories. After releasing the cut-off, authority will also release a cut-off under 15% of All India Quota seats for different categories.
NEET 2020 Result
Students who will appear in the exam will be able to check NEET 2020 Result through online mode. The NEET result will be declared on September 2020. No candidate will receive the result through offline mode.
Candidates have to login with their details by entering their roll number & Date of Birth (D.O.B) to check their result. Candidates are advised to take the print out of their result for further use. No category wise result sheet will be prepared.
NEET 2020 Merit List
NEET 2020 Merit list will be released by NTA through online mode. The merit list of the successful & eligible candidates who will opt. for 15% of All India Quota seats will be on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET (UG) 2020. Admission to MBBS/BDS within respective category will be based on All India Rank (AIR) as per merit list.
The merit list will be prepared in percentile determined which will be on the basis of highest marks. Also there will be tie-breaking criteria for candidates who will score equal or same marks. As per the rules of tie-breaking criteria preference will be given in the below order:
- Candidates who will score highest marks in Biology (Zoology or Botany).
- Scores highest marks in Chemistry.
- Attempts less number of incorrect answers in all the subjects.
- If even after applying all above rules, the tie still remains then students who will be older in age will be considered.
NEET 2020 Reservation Policy
NEET 2020 Reservation of seats under 15% All India Quota is discussed below:
NEET 2020 Counselling
NEET Counselling will be held through online mode. The counselling will start by October 2020. Candidates will have to attend the counselling process which will be conducting by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
The state counselling authorities will organize state level counselling separately.
The authority will also release seats other than 15% All India Quota. In this case counselling authority will draw merit list of the candidate in the respective category.
Students are required to register first for counselling and then fill their choice of preferences. After that, seats will be allotted to the candidates as per the reservation policy, availability of seats, etc.
NEET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the following details regarding NEET 2020 Application Form:
- Candidates are able to fill NEET 2020 Application Form through online mode.
- You can fill one application form only. Filling of more than one application form will lead to cancellation of forms.
- The application form of NEET 2020 has been released from 2nd December 2019 by NTA.
- Last date to fill application form will be till 6th January 2020.
- Candidates must provide working phone number and email Id at the time of registration to get login credentials.
- Candidates must submit recent photograph, signature, left hand thumb impression & class 10th passing certificate in the prescribed format to avoid rejection of images later.
- There is no need to send the printout of application form to the board.
The application fee payable for different categories is:
- General Category: Rs.1500/-
General-EWS/ OBC-NCL*: Rs. 1400/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Transgender Category: Rs.800/-
- Candidates will have to also pay additional charges & GST.
Mode of Payment: Candidates are able to pay the Application Fee through online mode. Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-banking/UPI/Paytm are available as online mode. No offline mode is available for fee payment.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the following NEET Eligibility Criteria before registering for exam:
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals citizen are eligible to apply for NEET (UG).
- India Citizens & Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue UG medical course from foreign institutions are also need to qualify NEET UG.
- Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats: Candidates belonging to UT of J&K and Ladakh are eligible to apply under 15% All India Quotas only on the basis of self-declaration. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self- Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for record and to present the same during counselling/admission. Other candidates can fill in any state/UT against this choice.
- Age limit: Candidates must have completed minimum 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. The upper age limit is 25 years as on the date of examination (5 year relaxation is given to SC, ST, OBC-NCL & PwD candidates).
Candidates above 25 years are provisionally permitted to appear and their candidature is subject to the outcome of pending Petitions before the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
- Qualification: Candidates must have completed 12th level or equivalent examination.
- Mandatory Subjects: Students in their 12th level must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology with English as mandatory subject.
- Percentage: Candidates in the 12th level must have secured minimum 50% marks for General & General-EWS categories; 45% marks for PH & 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC category candidates in PCB group.
- Appearing: Candidates are appearing in their qualifying exam or waiting for their result are also eligible for NEET (UG).
NEET 2020 Application Form Correction
- Candidates are able to do NEET Application Form Correction from 1st April, 2020 to 3rd May (till 5 PM).
- NTA has also provided facility to make corrections in the choice of examination cities for exam centre.
- Correction process can be done through online mode only.
- The additional fee payment (if required) can be paid till 11:50 PM of 3rd May, 2020.
- Candidates are notified through SMS/e-mail regarding correction in photograph or signature.
- Candidates are also able to correct in particular fields like – Date of Birth (D.O.B), Identification, Gender, State Code, Category, Exam Medium, Exam Center, Disability Status, Exam Qualification or Percentage, Parents’ Name, etc.
If you have any query related to NEET 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.