NEET PG 2023: Application Form, Exam Date (Out), Eligibility Criteria
NEET PG 2023 Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE). It is a national level admission test. This entrance test is held to provide admission to MS, MD, post-MBSS DNB, PG Diploma, and NBEMS diploma programs. NEET PG scores are required for admission to these programs at different medical universities and institutions across the country. NEET PG exam is conducted only one time in a year. In this article, candidates can check details about NEET PG 2023 exam including dates, application, eligibility, pattern, syllabus etc.
NEET PG 2023 Notifications – Exam Date Announced
As per the sources, NEET PG 2023 Exam could be the last such exam as admission into PG medical courses will be provided based on NET (National Exit Test) to be taken by final year MBBS students.
NEET PG 2023 Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be conducted on 5th March 2023. Check here for application details.
NEET PG 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate (NEET-PG)|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Courses Type||MS, MD, post-MBSS DNB, PG Diploma, and NBEMS diploma|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
NEET PG 2023 Exam Date
Candidates can check the NEET PG Exam Dates for the year 2023 from below:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Notification Release||1st week of December 2022|
|Online Application Commencement||1st week of December 2022|
|Applying Online Last Date||4th week of January 2023|
|Correction window||January/ February 2023|
|Admit Card Availability||4th week of February 2023|
|Date of Exam||5th March 2023|
|Result Announcement||1st week of April 2023|
|Counselling begin||2nd week of April 2023|
NEET PG 2023 Application Form
The following are the information regarding the NEET PG 2023 application form:
- Candidates who want to apply for NEET PG 2023 are required to fill and submit the application form by online process.
- The NEET PG 2023 Registration will start from December 2022.
- Candidates need to provide all the personal and educational details in the application form.
- Candidates will have to upload the scanned images of the photo, photo id, signature, SMC/ MCI and other certificates in the prescribed format.
- The last date to fill the application form will be till January 2023.
- Candidates need to take a printout of the application form as well for future reference.
- The fee payment can be done online by credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
- The application fee once submitted will be neither refunded nor transferred.
- The application fee for NEET PG 2023 is given below:
|General/ OBC candidates||Rs 4250/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD candidates||Rs 3250/-|
NEET PG – How to Apply
- Step-1: Visit the website of NBE to apply.
- Step-2: Click on “New Registration”.
- Step-3: Fill all the details in the application form like personal details, qualification details, test center detail, etc.
- Step-4: Upload the documents photograph and signature with specified instructions.
- Step-5: Pay the registration fee by net banking, credit card, debit card.
- Step-6: Download the application form in PDF format for future reference.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must know about the NEET PG Eligibility Criteria given below before filling the application:
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for the candidates who wish to apply for NEET PG 2023.
- Attempt Limit: NBE has put no limit to the number of attempts permitted for NEET PG. Candidates can appear for the examination as many times are required to get admission to the desired course.
- Minimum Qualification (MD/MS/PG Diploma): To be eligible for NEET PG 2023, a candidate must have obtained MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS pass certificate from an institute recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Internship: Only those who will complete the compulsory rotator internship of 1 year on or before May 31, 2023, will be eligible to appear for the examination next year.
- Registration Certificate: Candidates who wish to apply for NEET PG 2023 must also posses a valid registration certificate issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI), NMC or any State Medical Council (SMC).
Foreign Medical Graduates:
- Nationality: Indian Citizen or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- FMGE Pass Certificate: Candidates who have completed their primary medical qualification from outside India but wish to appear for NEET PG 2023 must first qualify the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE).
- Internship: All foreign medical graduates must complete their internship on or before May 31, 2023 to be eligible for NEET PG.
- Registration Certificate: All foreign medical graduates must register with the MCI/ SMC after obtaining the FMGE Pass Certificate. Such candidates will have to submit a copy of the Registration Certificate to confirm their eligibility.
NEET PG 2023 Exam Pattern
The NEET PG exam pattern can be checked from below:
- Exam Mode: The NEET PG exam will be conducted computer-based test (CBT) online.
- Exam Language: The language of the question paper will be English.
- Duration of Paper: The duration of the question paper will be 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Types of Questions: The question will be of multiple choice type questions.
- Number of Questions: There will be 200 questions in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer and -1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
NEET PG 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the exam shall compromise of subject/ knowledge area as per Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by the erstwhile Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Government of India.
The NEET PG syllabus will be released along with the information bulletin. Candidates can prepare for NEET PG exam from various subjects of MBBS and BDS level.
NEET PG 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check below the NEET PG Preparation tips in the exam:
- Prepare a time table and divide time equally for all subjects.
- Check out the official prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Take help from the best book and study materials available.
- Practice previous year question paper and sample paper.
- Include every single topics of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take the stress and take care of your health.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NEET PG 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for NEET PG 2023 will be issued in February 2023 through online mode. Candidates are required to download their admit card from the website by entering the required details.
Admit card will not be sent to the candidates by Post/ Email. NEET PG admit card will not be provided to those candidates who are declared ineligible before the conduction of examination.
NEET PG 2023 Result
The NEET PG result will be announced in March/ April 2023 through online mode. Candidates will be able to download their score card using their login credentials. There should be no re-evaluation or rechecking of responses marked by the candidates.
The validity of the result of NEET PG 2023 shall be only for the current admission session 2023. It cannot be carried forward for the next session of admission for MD/ MS/ PG Diploma courses. After the declaration of result, counselling process will be started.
NEET PG 2023 Cut Off
Students will be able to know NEET PG Cut off details after the result declaration. Details related to cut off for various categories will be published online on the website.
According to the cut off trends, General candidates’ cut off is 50% (40% for ST/ SC/ OBC/ Reserved PWD candidates). Candidates belonging to UR-PWD category, their cut off marks are 45%.
NEET PG 2023 Counselling
The MCC will release the counselling schedule once the result are announced. Candidates whose names appear on the merit list would be eligible to participate in NEET PG counselling. Counselling will be organized in various rounds through online mode.
To participate in the counseling round, candidates must first register online. After registering, they would have to complete the course and college selection forms. Admission will be granted based on the choices made, seat availability, reservations, and other factors.
After the seat allocation, candidates would need to visit the admissions office and provide the necessary documentation in order to complete the admission procedure. Check the list of required documents from below:
- NEET PG Admit Card & Score Card
- Certificate and class 10th grade sheet (for date of birth)
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Certificate and class 12th grade sheet
- Identity Proof (Driving License/ PAN Card/ Aadhar/ Passport)
- Photocopies of eight passport photos
- Provisional Allotment Letter of Caste Certificate
- Disabilities Certificate (if applicable), etc.
If you have any other queries about NEET PG 2023, you can leave your queries in the comment box.