UGC NET 2019: NTA NET Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus
UGC NET December 2019 Registration has been started from 9th September 2019. National Eligibility Test (UGC NET 2019) is managed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). UGC NET is conducted for the Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship for Indian national citizens. UGC NET is conducted once in a year. Junior Research Fellowship honorees are also eligible to pursue research in their PG subject from IITs or other national institutions on the basis of this exam score. Candidates can also apply for the post of Assistant professor in various universities and institutions. UGC NET 2019 Image Correction has been started. Candidates can get the complete details on UGC NET 2019 in this article.
UGC NET 2019 Notifications – Image Correction Started
UGC NET 2019 Application Form for December session has been started from 9th September 2019. Check here for application details.
UGC NET 2019 Image Correction has been started through candidate login. Check here for application correction details.
The Application form for UGC NET 2020 will be released on 16th March, 2020.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Dates for December session has been released. The exam will be held from 2nd to 6th December 2019. Check here for other dates.
UGC NET 2019 Result has been declared on 12th July 2019. Check here for result details.
UGC NET 2019 Cut-off for June exam has been released. Check here for cut-off details.
UGC NET 2019 Final Answer Key has been released on 10th July 2019. Check here for answer key details.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Date
Here, we have updated official dates of UGC NET 2019.
|Starting of online application||9th September 2019|
|Image correction started||13th September 2019|
|Last date to apply online||9th October 2019|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/NetBanking||10th October 2019|
|Correction in particulars of Application Form||18th – 25th October 2019|
|Admit card availability||9th November 2019|
|Date of examination||2nd – 6th December 2019|
|Final answer key release||December 2019|
|Declaration of result & cut-off||By 31st December 2019|
UGC NET 2019 Application Form
Candidates should go through the guidelines given below to fill the UGC NET application form.
- Candidates can fill the UGC NET 2019 application form through online mode.
- The candidates can apply online from 9th September 2019.
- The last date for applying online will be 9th October 2019.
- Candidates have to fill the application form, upload the required images, pay the fee and take the confirmation page printout.
- The NTA will provide the correction facility from 18th to 25th October 2019.
- Do not send the printout of the confirmation page to the NTA office.
- The application fee can be paid through credit/debit card, net banking or UPI.
- Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
- The application fee cannot be refundable or transferable under any circumstances.
The complete eligibility criteria for JRF and Assistant professor programmes is given below:
- For Junior Research Fellowship, the upper age limit is 30 years as on 1st December 2019.
- No age limit for the Assistant Professor.
- The relaxation in the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD and women category will be 5 years.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the research experience and LL.M Degree (3 years) holders.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates those have the Master’s degree or equivalent from a university recognized by UGC can apply. Ph.D candidates can also apply.
- Minimum Marks: It is necessary to have at least 55% marks in aggregate in the master’s degree. 50% marks for reserved categories.
- Appearing Candidates: Appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
- Relaxation: There is a 5% of relaxation for Ph.D degree holders in aggregate marks. Such candidates should have the Master’s degree examination which should be completed by 19th September 1991.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant professor)
- NET/SET/SLET will be the minimum eligibility criteria for the Assistant Professors.
- Candidates those passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are exempted to appear in the exam.
- For SET Candidates: Those qualified the SET (held prior to 1st June 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET. Such candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those cleared the SET (1st June 2002 onwards) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2019
Check UGC NET exam pattern in this section to appear in the exam.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Type of Questions: Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Duration: The exam duration will be 180 minutes (3 hours). It will be organized in two shifts, i.e. First Shift 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and Second Shift 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
- Papers: The exam will be consisting of two papers. There will be no break between papers.
- Medium of Test: The medium of paper either Hindi or English depending upon candidate’s choice.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Marking Scheme: No provision of negative marking.
|Paper||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration of Exam|
|Paper I||100||50||3 hours|
UGC NET 2019 Syllabus
UGC NET syllabus consist of two papers. Paper I is consist of the questions which will be of general nature and to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
It is basically be designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
UGC NET will be regulated by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is a national level entrance exam which is conducted twice every year to determine the eligibility of various candidates for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) & the Assistant professor or only for Assistant Professor. Its entrance exam is organized in the months of December and July.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Click here to view UGC NET 2019 FAQs.
UGC NET Admit Card 2019
The exam authority will release the UGC NET admit card 2019 one month prior to the examination on 9th November 2019. The candidates have to bring a photo identity card along with the printout of online Admission Card on the day of examination.
Without valid admission card no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall. No admit card will be sent to the candidates individually by post.
UGC NET 2019 Answer Key
After the successful completion of NET examination, the exam conducting authority will release the answer key for all papers. The answer key for each paper will be released separately.
Candidates can challenge the OMR Sheet/answer key. For challenging the questions, candidates have to pay the Rs. 1000/- for each question.
After revaluation of the objection from the candidates, the final answer key will be released.
UGC NET Result 2019
The UGC NET result 2019 will be declared after one month of the completion of examination by 31st December 2019. The candidates can get their results by entering the application number, roll number and date of birth.
The NTA does not issue the mark sheet for qualified or not qualified candidates. The NTA mention the roll number of the qualified candidates those are selected through written test. After one week of result declaration, the authority will also upload the marks of all the candidates secured in the exam.
UGC NET Cut-Off 2019
Candidates those wish to clear the NET exam, they have to score the cut off marks given below. Those secure the cut off marks will be considered for the fellowship.
The authority also prepare the separate merit list. The subject-wise and category-wise merit list will be drawn for the candidates those will satisfy the cut-off scores. After the declaration of result, candidates can get their e-certificates from the UGC NET bureau. In the table given below, we have mentioned the previous year qualifying cut off.
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/PWD/SC/ST||35%||35%|