UGC NET 2020: Admit Card, Exam Dates (Out), Exam Pattern, Syllabus
UGC NET 2020 Admit Card is releasing in the month of April 2021. Exam date has been announced. The exam will be held on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th & 17th May 2021. This exam is organised by newly formulated body – National Testing Agency through online CBT mode. This national level entrance exam is conducted twice every year to determine the eligibility of various candidates for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) & the Assistant professor or only for Assistant Professor. The exam is organized in two sessions – June and December session. Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam in order to get selected for these positions in various Indian Universities and colleges. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding UGC NET 2020.
UGC NET 2020 Notifications – Admit Card Releasing Soon
UGC NET 2020 Admit Card is releasing in the month of April 2021. Check here for admit card details.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Date (December session) has been announced. The exam will be held on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th & 17th May 2021. Check here for exam dates details.
UGC NET 2021 on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th & 17th May 2021. Check complete details regarding UGC NET 2021 here.
UGC NET 2020 New Changes Introduced
Check all the new changes introduced in the UGC NET 2020 exam:
- According to the changes introduced by HRD Ministry, NTA will conduct the entrance test of UGC NET 2020.
- Earlier the exam was conducted for three papers. With effect to the introduced changes, the entrance test of UGC NET 2020 will be conducted for two papers.
NTA will conduct UGC NET exam two times in a year. It is a national level examination conducted to determine the eligibility for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) & Assistant Professor and for Assistant Professor only. The application form will be started from the first week of February 2021.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Dates
Check the official UGC NET Exam Dates in the below given table for the June & December session released by NTA:
|June Session 2020 (Concluded)||December Session 2020|
|UGC NET 2020 Notification||16th March 2020||2nd February 2021|
|Release of Online Application||16th March 2020||2nd February 2021|
|Last date to fill online application||30th June 2020||9th March 2021|
|Last date of application fee payment||30th June 2020||10th March 2021|
|Correction starts||6th July to 20th July 2020||12th to 16th March 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||19th September 2020||April 2021|
|UGC NET 2020 Exam||From 24th September 2020 to 13th November 2020||2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th & 17th May 2021|
|Release of Answer Key||5th November 2020||May 2021|
|Announcement of Results||1st December 2020||June 2021|
UGC NET 2020 Admit Card
UGC NET 2020 Admit card is an important document which must be carried by the appearing students on the exam day. No candidate will be allowed to take exam without showing the admit card to the invigilator.
UGC NET Admit card will be released for December session exam in April 2021. It will be available through online mode only by entering application number and password.
In case any problem arises at the time of downloading the admit card, candidates can contact the officials to rectify the problem. Also, if any candidate has forgotten his password or application number, he/she can retrieve it back by clicking the given option of forgot password answering various questions.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the complete UGC NET Exam Pattern below, before starting you exam preparation:
- Exam Date: UGC NET 2020 Exam is conducted on 2nd to 7th & 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th & 17th May 2021.
- Exam Mode: The entrance test will be organised in Online CBT mode.
- Number of Papers: There will be two papers for the exam – Paper I and Paper II.
- Number of Questions: Total of 150 questions will be there in the exam paper. 50 questions in Paper I and 100 questions in Paper II.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice type questions.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in the medium language of English and Hindi.
- Time Duration: Paper I and II will be of 3 hours.
- Total Marks: Paper 1 will be of 100 marks and Paper II will be of 200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 2 marks will be given. There will be no provision of negative marking for incorrect answer.
Check the distribution of questions and marks for various papers in the below given table:
|Papers||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper I||50||100||60 minutes|
|Paper II||100||200||120 minutes|
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
UGC NET Syllabus for Paper I and Paper II can be checked by the candidates through online mode. It will vary as per the subjects chosen by the candidate at the time of registration.
Paper I of UGC NET 2020 will contain questions of generic nature, intending to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the students. This paper will test the candidate’s knowledge in reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.
Paper II of UGC NET 2020 will contain various topics from the subjects selected by the candidates. The topics will be related to Bachelors and Masters level syllabus.
UGC NET 2020 Preparation Tips
Below we have provided UGC NET preparation tips with the help of which candidates can score good marks and qualify the test:
- Check the syllabus, exam pattern and marking scheme of UGC NET before starting your exam preparation.
- Start your exam preparation early. It will give enough time in the end for revision.
- Prepare notes and go through these notes every day to refresh your memory and remember the studied topics.
- Study from the study materials which are mostly recommended by the experts and qualified students.
- Solve previous year question papers and sample papers. This will give an idea to the candidates about the question trends.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
UGC NET 2020 Answer Key
After completion of the entrance exam, the board will publish the UGC NET 2020 Answer key. Candidates will be able to download the Answer key through online mode.
The Answer key will be released for 55 NET subjects. It will be released in various sets containing all the right answers of the questions asked in the exam paper. Candidates can also challenge UGC NET answer key in case they are not satisfied with the answers given in it.
After considering the challenges, final answer key will be released by the board in May 2021.
UGC NET 2020 Result
After the completion of exams and release of answer key, the board will announce the result. The result will be released in April 2021 for December session.
Students can check their UGC NET result through online mode by submitting their roll number and date of birth. Only the candidates who have qualified the test by securing the cut off marks will be called for the counselling process.
UGC NET 2020 Scorecard
The scorecard will be released along with the results. UGC NET 2020 Scorecard mentioned various important details about the candidate and the entrance exam.
These details include candidate’s name, course name, hall ticket number, total marks, marks secured by the candidate in paper I and II, rank scored and percentage.
UGC NET 2020 Cut Off
UGC NET 2020 Cut Off has been published online by the authority on 1st December 2020 for June session exam. It will be available in April/ May 2021 for December session cycle. Separate category wise and subject wise merit list will be drawn for the students successfully securing the UGC NET cut off marks.
In the below table we have mentioned the cut off marks for various categories as per the last year trends:
|Category||Minimum qualifying marks (in %)|
|Paper – I||Paper – II|
|OBC – NCL/PWD/ST/SC candidates||35%||35%|
UGC NET 2020 Selection Procedure
Candidates qualifying the entrance test of UGC NET 2020, will be selected in the subject wise and category wise merit list published online. Top 6% of total students who have appeared for both the papers in the test will be considered qualified in the entrance test.
Admission into various Indian Universities or Institutions for the position of Assistant professor or JRF will be offered on the basis of cut off score secured as per their categories. Top 15% candidates from each category and subject will be selected and declared eligible for Assistant Professor Position only.
UGC NET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below the complete details of UGC NET 2020 Application Form:
- For December session cycle, the application form has been postponed. It has been released on 2nd February 2021.
- The Online Application Form of UGC NET 2020 (June session) has been released on 16th March 2020.
- Candidates can fill the application form by following various steps – Online Registration, Filling the application form, uploading of scanned images and payment of application fee.
- Last date to fill the application form online for June session was till 30th June 2020. For the December session exam, last date to apply is till 9th March 2021.
- Students must submit only one application form.
- Candidates can also correct mistakes in the details of the application form when the board will open the correction facility.
Applicants have to pay the below application fee as per their categories:
- For General Candidates – Rs.1000
- For General EWS/ OBC- NCL Candidates – Rs.500
- For ST/SC/PwD Candidates – Rs.250
Mode of Payment: Applying candidates can pay the application fee through debit/credit card/ Net Banking/Paytm.
UGC NET 2020 Application Correction
In case candidates have made mistakes while filling details in the application or the uploading images, corrections can be made. The board has opened the UGC NET application correction window after the completion of application process.
Students can make corrections from 12th March 2021 through online mode. Students will be able to make correction in the application till 16th March 2021. In case any error is found in the uploaded images, a mail or message will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number.
The corrections in the application must be done by the students before the last date otherwise the forms will get rejected.
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the below given UGC NET Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate should own Master’s degree or its equivalent from a board or university recognized by UGC.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have secured minimum of 55% marks (50% for ST/SC/OBC/PwD) in the Master’s degree in streams such as Social Science, Humanities, Computer Science & Applications and Electronic Science.
- Appearing Candidate: Candidates who are in their final year of qualifying exam can also apply.
- There is no age limit for the position of Assistant Professor. However, in case of JRF the age of the applicant must not be more than 31 years as on March 1st, 2021. 5 years of relaxation is given to reserved candidates.
- For LLM Degree possessing candidates, 3 years of age relaxation will be given.
- Candidates, who have served in the armed forces, will be given 5 years of age relaxation.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor):
- Candidates must clear their NET/SLET/SET exam in order to be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in various Universities or institutions.
- Candidates successfully clearing their SET before June 1, 2002 recognized by UGC will be exempted to appear in the exam.
- Candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination earlier than the year 1989 are exempted to appear for the test.
- Candidates who are awarded with a PhD Degree by UGC as per the minimum standards and process for the award will be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SET/SELT for appointment as Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
If you have any query regarding UGC NET 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.