UGC NET 2020: Application Correction, Exam Date (Delayed), Admit Card
UGC NET 2020 Application Form Correction is starting soon. The exam has been postponed for June session. New dates will be announced soon. It will be organized by newly formulated body – National Testing Agency through online CBT mode. This national level entrance exam is conducted twice every year to determine the eligibility of various candidates for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) & the Assistant professor or only for Assistant Professor. The exam is organized in two sessions – June and December session. Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam in order to get selected for these positions in various Indian Universities and colleges. Through this article, we have provided complete details regarding UGC NET 2020.
UGC NET 2020 Notifications – Application Correction Starting Soon
UGC NET 2020 Application Form Correction is starting soon. Check here for correction details.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Dates have been postponed for June Session exam. The new dates will be announced soon. Check here for exam dates details.
UGC NET 2020 New Changes Introduced
Check all the new changes introduced in the UGC NET 2020 exam:
- According to the changes introduced by HRD Ministry, NTA will conduct the entrance test of UGC NET 2020.
- Earlier the exam was conducted for three papers. With effect to the introduced changes, the entrance test of UGC NET 2020 will be conducted for two papers.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Dates
Check the official UGC NET Exam Dates in the below given table for the June & December session released by NTA:
|June Session 2020 (Announced)||December Session 2020 (Tentative)|
|UGC NET 2020 Notification||16th March 2020||Last week of August 2020|
|Release of Online Application||16th March 2020||1st week of September 2020|
|Last date to fill online application||30th June 2020||Last week of September 2020|
|Last date of application fee payment||30th June 2020||September 2020|
|Correction starts||July 2020||October 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||July 2020||3rd week of November 2020|
|UGC NET 2020 Exam||july 2020 (Postponed)||2nd to 3rd week of December 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||july 2020||December 2020|
|Announcement of Results||July/ August 2020||2nd week of January 2021|
UGC NET 2020 Application Correction
In case candidates have made mistakes while filling details in the application or the uploading images, corrections can be made. The board will open the UGC NET application correction window after the completion of application process.
Students can make corrections from July 2020 through online mode. In case any error is found in the uploaded images, a mail or message will be sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number.
The corrections in the application must be done by the students before the last date otherwise the forms will get rejected.
UGC NET 2020 Admit Card
UGC NET 2020 Admit card is an important document which must be carried by the appearing students on the exam day. No candidate will be allowed to take exam without showing the admit card to the invigilator.
UGC NET Admit card will be released on July 2020 for June session exam and in the 3rd week of November 2020 for December session exam. It will be available through online mode only by entering application number and password.
In case any problem arises at the time of downloading the admit card, candidates can contact the officials to rectify the problem. Also, if any candidate has forgotten his password or application number, he/she can retrieve it back by clicking the given option of forgot password answering various questions.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the complete UGC NET Exam Pattern below, before starting you exam preparation:
- Exam Date: UGC NET 2020 Exam will be conducted from 15th to 20th June 2020 for June Session exam.
- Exam Mode: The entrance test will be organized in Online CBT mode.
- Number of Papers: There will be two papers for the exam – Paper I and Paper II.
- Number of Questions: Total of 150 questions will be there in the exam paper. 50 questions in Paper I and 100 questions in Paper II.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain multiple choice type questions.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in the medium language of English and Hindi.
- Time Duration: Paper I will be of 1 hour duration while Paper II will be of 2 hours.
- Total Marks: Paper 1 will be of 100 marks and Paper II will be of 200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 2 marks will be given. There will be no provision of negative marking for incorrect answer.
Check the distribution of questions and marks for various papers in the below given table:
|Papers||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper I||50||100||60 minutes|
|Paper II||100||200||120 minutes|
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
UGC NET Syllabus for Paper I and Paper II can be checked by the candidates through online mode. It will vary as per the subjects chosen by the candidate at the time of registration.
Paper I of UGC NET 2020 will contain questions of generic nature, intending to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the students. This paper will test the candidate’s knowledge in reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.
Paper II of UGC NET 2020 will contain various topics from the subjects selected by the candidates. The topics will be related to Bachelors and Masters level syllabus.
UGC NET 2020 Preparation Tips
Below we have provided UGC NET preparation tips with the help of which candidates can score good marks and qualify the test:
- Check the syllabus, exam pattern and marking scheme of UGC NET before starting your exam preparation.
- Start your exam preparation early. It will give enough time in the end for revision.
- Prepare notes and go through these notes every day to refresh your memory and remember the studied topics.
- Study from the study materials which are mostly recommended by the experts and qualified students.
- Solve previous year question papers and sample papers. This will give an idea to the candidates about the question trends.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
UGC NET 2020 Answer Key
After completion of the entrance exam, board will publish the UGC NET 2020 Answer key. Candidates will be able to download the Answer key through online mode.
The Answer key will be released for both Paper – I and II in various sets containing all the right answers of the questions asked in the exam paper. Candidates can also challenge UGC NET answer key in case they are not satisfied with the answers given in it.
After considering the challenges, final answer key will be released by the board.
UGC NET 2020 Result
After the completion of exams and release of answer key, the board will announce the result. The results will be released in August 2020 for June session exam in the second week of January 2021 for December session.
Students can check their UGC NET result through online mode by submitting their roll number and date of birth. Only the candidates who will qualify the test by securing the cut off marks will be called for the counselling process.
UGC NET 2020 Scorecard
The scorecard will be released along with the release of results. UGC NET 2020 Scorecard will mention various important details about the candidate and the entrance exam.
These details will include candidate’s name, course name, hall ticket number, total marks, marks secured by the candidate in paper I and II, rank scored and percentage.
UGC NET 2020 Cut Off
UGC NET 2020 Cut Off will be published online by the authority after the entrance test. Separate category wise and subject wise merit list will be drawn for the students successfully securing the UGC NET cut off marks.
In the below table we have mentioned the cut off marks for various categories as per the last year trends:
|Category||Minimum qualifying marks (in %)|
|Paper – I||Paper – II|
|OBC – NCL/PWD/ST/SC candidates||35%||35%|
UGC NET 2020 Selection Procedure
Candidates qualifying the entrance test of UGC NET 2020, will be selected in the subject wise and category wise merit list published online. Top 6% of total students who have appeared for both the papers in the test will be considered qualified in the entrance test.
Admission into various Indian Universities or Institutions for the position of Assistant professor or JRF will be offered on the basis of cut off score secured as per their categories. Top 15% candidates from each category and subject will be selected and declared eligible for Assistant Professor Position only.
UGC NET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below the complete details of UGC NET 2020 Application Form:
- The Online Application Form of UGC NET 2020 has been released on 16th March 2020 for the June session exam and in the first week of September 2020 (December Session).
- Candidates can fill the application form by following various steps – Online Registration, Filling the application form, uploading of scanned images and payment of application fee.
- Last date to fill the application form online is till 30th June 2020 for the June exam and in the last week of September 2020 for December Session.
- Students must submit only one application form.
- Candidates can also correct mistakes in the details of the application form when the board will open the correction facility.
Applicants have to pay the below application fee as per their categories:
- For General Candidates – Rs.1000
- For General EWS/ OBC- NCL Candidates – Rs.500
- For ST/SC/PwD Candidates – Rs.250
Mode of Payment: Applying candidates can pay the application fee through debit/credit card/ Net Banking/Paytm.
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the below given UGC NET Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate should own Master’s degree or its equivalent from a board or university recognized by UGC.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have secured minimum of 55% marks (50% for ST/SC/OBC/PwD) in the Master’s degree in streams such as Social Science, Humanities, Computer Science & Applications and Electronic Science.
- Appearing Candidate: Candidates who are in their final year of qualifying exam can also apply.
- There is no age limit for the position of Assistant Professor. However, in case of JRF the age of the applicant must not be more than 30 years as on January 1, 2020. 5 years of relaxation is given to reserved candidates.
- For LLM Degree possessing candidates, 3 years of age relaxation will be given.
- Candidates, who have served in the armed forces, will be given 5 years of age relaxation.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor):
- Candidates must clear their NET/SLET/SET exam in order to be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in various Universities or institutions.
- Candidates successfully clearing their SET before June 1, 2002 recognized by UGC will be exempted to appear in the exam.
- Candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination earlier than the year 1989 are exempted to appear for the test.
- Candidates who are awarded with a PhD Degree by UGC as per the minimum standards and process for the award will be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SET/SELT for appointment as Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
If you have any query regarding UGC NET 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.