AIPMT 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Syllabus
AIPMT 2018 (All India Pre Medical Test) has been now replaced with NEET 2018 (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test). NEET has taken the place of AIPMT from the year 2016. It is a gateway to get admission in MBBS/BDS programmes in various government and private institutions. Every year AIPMT (now NEET) is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Almost, every medical institution (except JIPMER and AIIMS) considers the AIPMT score for providing admission to MBBS and BDS courses. Through this article, candidates can get the details of AIPMT 2018 exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
Note: From 2017, AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test) has been replaced by the NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test). Now, onwards NEET exam is considered for admission to the MBBS & BDS courses all over the country. Click here to check details about NEET 2018.
AIPMT Exam Dates 2018
The tentative exam schedule of AIPMT (NEET 2018) is given below:
|Issue of Notification||1st week of December 2017|
|Last date to submit application form without late fee||4th week of December 2017|
|Online correction in application form||One week after the last date is over|
|Admit card released||1st week of April 2018|
|AIPMT (NEET) 2018 exam date||1st week of May 2018|
|Declaration of result||June 2018|
AIPMT Application Form 2018
Candidates must read the information brochure carefully before filling the application form.
- The application form can be filled through online mode only.
- Printed copy of application form will not be entertained.
- At the time of filling the application form, candidates have to upload the scanned image of a photograph and signature in JPG format.
- Take a printout of confirmation page after successful payment of application fee.
- The application fee can be submitted through online mode.
- Application fee for UR /OBC is Rs. 1400/-.
- For SC/ST/PH, the application fee is Rs. 750/-.
- The fee can be paid through the Credit card/Debit card/Net Banking/UPI/E-Wallet of Common Services Centre and other service providers.
Candidates can check here the eligibility criteria of AIPMT (NEET 2018):
- Nationality: Candidates of Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply. They all are also eligible to apply under 15% All India Quota seats.
- Aadhaar Card: It is mandatory to have the Aadhaar number for filling the application form.
- The upper age limit is 25 years. There is 5 years of age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
- UR candidates must born on or between 08.05.1993 and 01.01.2002.
- For SC/ST/OBC candidates, the age should lie between 08.05.1988 and 01.01.2002.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry Biology/Bio-technology and English individually.
- Candidates those appear/qualify the three years of B.Sc Degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology including practical subjects are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum Marks: A candidate must obtain minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together. For SC/ST/OBC candidates, the marks in qualifying exam should be 40%.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are in final year of qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for AIMPT (NEET) 2018.
AIPMT Exam Pattern 2018
The Exam Pattern is discussed below in detail.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held in offline mode (pen paper mode).
- Number of Attempts: Maximum of three attempts will be allowed for candidates. The number of attempts will be counted from 2017.
- Type of Questions: The question will be Objective Type Questions.
- Number of Questions: Total of 180 questions will be asked.
- Duration of exam: The exam would be of 3 hours.
- Languages: The question paper will be available in total 10 languages which are Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, oriya and Kannada.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
AIPMT (now as NEET) syllabus will be comprised of the 11th and 12th class standard. It includes the topics from the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.
AIPMT Admit Card 2018
The AIPMT 2018 Admit Card (now NEET) will be made available through online mode only. Candidates can download the admit card in the first week of April 2018. No admit card will be sent to the candidates individually. Admit card must be preserved till the MBBS/BDS admission process gets over.
AIPMT Result/Merit 2018
AIPMT (now NEET) 2018 Result will be announced in the month of June 2018. The result will be published on the website. A merit list will be prepared by the authority on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam.
AIPMT Cut-off 2018
Every year exam conducting authority will prepare the category-wise cut-off marks. The cut-off marks will be set according to the difficulty level of exam and numbers of candidates appeared in the exam. The minimum cut-off marks for general category is 50%, 45% for general-PH and 40% for reserving categories.
AIPMT Counselling 2018
Admission to MBBS/BDS seats will be done through AIPMT 2018 (now NEET). The CBSE will provide the All India Rank on the basis of AIMPT 2018 (now NEET) entrance exam score. At the time of counselling, candidates have to select the college or stream. Seat allotment will be done on the basis of seat availability and rank of the candidate.
If you have any other queries about AIPMT 2018, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.