CLAT 2022: Application Form (Released), Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern
CLAT 2022 Application Form has been released from 1st January 2022. Exam Date has been announced. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level entrance exam for admission to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programmes offered by the 22 national law universities across the countries.
The CLAT exam is conducted every year by the consortium of National Law universities every year in the month of May. Every year lakhs of students apply from across the country to get admission in to the NLU’s. Here in this article we are going to cover complete details about CLAT 2022 including application process, exam dates, eligibility criteria and other related info.
CLAT 2022 Notifications – Application Released
CLAT 2022 application form has been released from 1st January 2022.Check here for application details.
CLAT 2022 Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be held on 8th May 2022. CLAT 2023 also will be held on 18th December 2022 in the same year.Check here for exam date details.
CLAT 2022 Highlights
When is CLAT 2022 application form releasing? – 1st January 2022 (Released), Check application form
How can i apply for CLAT 2022? Online mode only
Can I check result through offline mode? – No
Will CLAT 2022 be offline? Yes (Pen & Paper based mode), Check exam pattern
How do i prepare for CLAT exam? – Check preparation tips
When will be CLAT 2022 exam conducted? – 8th May 2022, Check exam dates
CLAT 2022 Exam Dates
The candidates can check the official exam dates for the CLAT 2022 examination:
|Application starts||1st January 2022|
|Application ends||31st March 2022|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of April 2022|
|Exam Date||8th May 2022 & 18th December 2022 (CLAT 2023)|
|Result Date||4th week of June 2022|
|Counselling begins||1st week of July 2022|
CLAT 2022 Application Form
- The application form of CLAT 2022 is available from the 1st January, 2022.
- Candidates can fill the CLAT 2022 application form only through the online mode.
- At the time of registration, candidates must provide valid/ working email ID & phone number in the application form.
- While filling the form candidates have to upload scanned images of passport size photograph, signature & category certificate (if required) in the prescribed format and size.
- Candidates will also be provide a correction facility to make the necessary changes in the application form.
- After filling the form candidates are advised to take the print out of the filled application form.
- The application fees for CLAT is Rs. 4000 for GEN/OBC/PWD category candidates.
- For SC/ST & BPL category candidates the application form fees is Rs. 3500.
- The fee can be paid using online mode only (Debit/credit card or Net Banking).
- The cost of previous years’ question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT 2022 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check following CLAT eligibility criteria before applying for exam:
UG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify 12th board examination from any recognized board or university.
- Percentage: General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI category candidates must score 45% marks in the qualifying exam & Candidates with SC/ ST category must score 40% marks in order to be eligible.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible for the examination. In this case, candidates also have to prove an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
PG Law Programme:
- Qualification: Candidates must have qualified LLB or any other qualifying examination to be eligible for the examination.
- Percentage: General category candidates must score minimum 50% marks, 45% for reserved category candidates to be eligible for the examination.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam will be also eligible for the examination. In this case, candidates will also have to prove an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination.
CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern from the below passage:
- Exam Mode: CLAT 2022 exam will be organized via offline (Pen-paper based) mode.
- Time Duration: Candidates will be alotted 2 hours to complete the exam.
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & subjective type questions will be asked in the examination.
- No. of Questions: There will be 150 questions in UG & 120 questions in PG exam.
- Medium Language: Questions will be asked in English language medium.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will consist of 1 mark. For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Candidates must check following table to know marks distribution in PG exam:
|PG Law course|
|Other law subjects such as Contracts, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc.|
CLAT 2022 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for the CLAT exam must be aware about the exam syllabus. Below we have mentioned CLAT syllabus section wise.
CLAT Syllabus includes 6 sections – English (including comprehension), General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
Candidates are advised to go through the complete CLAT syllabus through the information brochure. Some of the topic included in each section will be as:
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs: It includes topics such as basic general knowledge, question of current events & happenings, national & international current affairs and much more.
- English including comprehension: It includes topics such as understanding of the passage & its central theme, meaning of words using therein, fill in the blanks
- Mathematics: In this section, candidate’s knowledge related to elementary mathematics will be checked.
- Legal Aptitude: It will include topics as study of law, research aptitude, and problem solving ability.
- Logical Reasoning: this section covers a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogism, logical sequences or analogies etc.
CLAT 2022 Quick Links
CLAT 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates can take help from the below mentioned CLAT preparation tips:
- Make a proper schedule & strictly adhere to it.
- Prepare according to the exam pattern & syllabus.
- Practice more and more mock tests.
- Do your revision on a regular basis.
- Take a healthy balanced diet.
- Do daily yoga and exercise.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Question)
CLAT 2022 Admit Card
The admit card for CLAT exam will be released 15 days before the exam. Candidates can download their admit card through online mode only. To download the candidates have to login using their login credentials. It is mandatory for the candidates to bring the admit card on the examination day.
The admit card will contain the details like candidate’s name, roll number, exam date and timing & venue for examination, along with exam related instructions.
CLAT 2022 Answer Key
CLAT 2022 Answer Key will be released after a few weeks of examination. It will be released in the month of June 2022. Candidates will have to visit the website to check the answer key. It will be published via online mode.
Using the CLAT answer key, candidates will be able to assume their marks even before the result declaration. The answer key will contain answers to all the questions asked in the question paper.
CLAT 2022 Result
The exam conducting authority will release the CLAT 2022 Result. Candidates will be able to check their result by entering their roll number & name. It will be declared in the last week of June 2022.
Result will contain all the details like candidates name, roll number, marks secured in each subject, total marks, percentage, & result status (pass or fail).
CLAT 2022 Cut Off
CLAT Cut Off will be based on various factors such as no. of candidates, candidates marks scored in the examination, difficulty level of examination and much more. CLAT 2022 Cut off will be the minimum marks which candidates have to score in order ro qualify the examination.
Candidates can check the cut off after the declaration of the result. Only those candidates will be invited for counselling who will reach the cut-off criteria.
CLAT 2022 Counselling
CLAT 2022 counselling will begin after the declaration of CLAT Result, the authority will release the counseling schedule with all the guidelines. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of ranks, category and no. of available seats. To participate in the CLAT 2022 Counselling process, candidates will have to submit the counselling fee of Rs. 50, 000 for participation.
It will be mandatory for all category candidates to participate in the counselling process. The admission will be given to candidates after the fee payment & verification of the documents.
If you have any queries regarding CLAT 2022, you can drop your comments below.