IIT JAM 2018: Registration, Application, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
IIT JAM 2018 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) is a national level examination organized by the IITs and IISc on rotation basis. Through this exam, students can get admission in M.Sc (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-M.Tech., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree & other courses. Top reputed colleges & institutions like IITs & IISc will offer admissions into these courses on the basis of IIT JAM 2018 exam. This exam came into existence from the year 2014. Here we are providing details about IIT JAM 2018 exam, including application form, eligibility, exam date, exam pattern, etc.
IIT JAM 2018 Exam Date
Here we have mentioned the tentative dates of IIT JAM examination. The official dates will be updated later:
|Application form release||1st week of September 2017|
|Last date to submit the online application & uploading documents||2nd week of October 2017|
|Last date for application fee payment||2nd week of October 2017|
|Admit card available||2nd week of January 2018|
|Mock test link||February 2018|
|Exam date||2nd week of February 2018|
|Result announcement||Last week of March 2018|
|Submission of admission form||2nd to 4th week of April 2018|
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of category||2nd week of May 2018|
|First admission list released||1st week of June 2018|
|Second admission list released||3rd week of June 2018|
|Third & final admission list release||1st week of July 2018|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2018||2nd week of July 2018|
IIT JAM Application Form 2018
- Students can fill and submit the IIT JAM 2018 application form through online mode.
- Candidates have to register by entering their name, Email, Mobile Number and Password on the website.
- After successful registration, candidates will receive an Email containing their enrollment ID.
- After login through the ID & Password, candidates have to fill their personal, academic, qualification & other details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and SC/ST/PwD certificates (if applicable).
- Make the application fee payment via online mode.
- Make sure to check all the entries before the final submission.
- Candidates are advised to take printout of the application form for future references.
- Candidates have to make the fee payment through online mode only.
- The fee payment will be made through debit/credit card or net banking.
- The detailed application fee is given below:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories), SC, ST, PwD||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-|
|General & OBC||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
Students are suggested to check the eligibility criteria before applying. The detailed eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- Nationality: Indian & Foreign candidates are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: Students must have obtained minimum 55% marks for general & OBC-NCL candidates and 50% marks for SC, ST and PwD categories.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized through online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Duration: The total exam duration will be three hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in English language only.
- No. of Question: There will be total 60 questions asked in the examination.
- Sections: The exam has been divided into three sections.
- Total Marks: The question paper will have 60 questions of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for Section B & C.
|Section||No. of Question|
|Section-A||30 MCQs (Multiple Choice Question)|
|Section-B||10 MSQs (Multiple Select Question)|
|Section-C||20 NAT (Numerical Answer Type)|
IIT JAM Syllabus
- The syllabus has been divided into three sections, i.e. Section A, B & C.
- The syllabus will comprise of various topics such as BL (Biological Sciences), BT (Biotechnology), GC (Geology), MS (Mathematical Statistics), CY (Chemistry), PH (Physics) and MA (Mathematics).
- Students can prepare from the above mentioned topics from the examination.
- Candidates have to prepare as early as possible so that they will get enough time for exam preparations.
- Understand and analyze the syllabus before preparing.
- Study from the best study materials and also practice previous year question paper & sample papers.
- Make short notes of the topics and revise them in the end of preparation.
- Take care of your health, do exercise and yoga it will help you concentrate in your studies.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
IIT JAM Admit Card 2018
JAM 2018 Admit Card will be available via online mode through the website. Admit card will bear details like Candidate’s Name, Photograph, Registration Number, Signature, Code of Test Pater, Exam Center, etc. Admit card will not sent by post or Email. Candidates have to bring the downloaded admit card along with the original & valid photo identification at the examination centre. Candidates are not permitted to sit in the exam without valid admit card.
The IIT JAM Result 2018 will be released in the last week of March 2018. The result will be provided to students via online mode through the website. Students can check the result by entering required details to view their results. An AIR (All India Rank) rank list will be prepared for each paper. The merit list will be prepared as per the marks obtained in the examination.
IIT JAM 2018 Counselling
Candidates who have their names appear in the IIT JAM merit list are eligible to apply for admission. Students have to apply for admission by filling the application form through the website. In the application form candidates have to fill their preferences, education details, marks obtained, etc. Seats will be allotted to students as per the preferences filled, rank and availability of seats. A admission list will be published through the website for admission. After seat allotment, candidates have to visit to the allotted college to complete admission.
If you have any other queries related to IIT JAM 2018, you may leave your queries below.