IPU CET 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
IPU CET 2020 will be conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. This is a university level exam organized every year to offer admissions into various UG & PG courses. Candidates have to qualify the entrance test with the qualifying marks to be eligible for admission into various programmes in the University. Admission will be offered into B.Tech, BBA, BCA, LLB, LLM, MBA, MCA & various other courses in the GGSIPU and various affiliated colleges. For admission into BDS & MBBS, candidates have to apply through NEET Scores. Through this article we have provided complete details regarding IPU CET 2020.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Dates
For different courses, candidates can check all the tentative IPUCET 2020 dates below:
|Course||Last date of Application submission||Date of exam||Result declaration|
|MBA (IT)||2nd week of April 2020||3rd week of April 2020||1st week of May 2020|
|B.S.C (Nursing)||2nd week of April 2020||4th week of April 2020||4th week of May 2020|
|B.Tech||1st week of May 2020||2nd week of May 2020||1st week of May 2020|
|LLB||1st week of May 2020||3rd week of May 2020||Last week of May 2020|
|MCA/MCA (SE)||1st week of May 2020||3rd week of May 2020||4th week of May 2020|
|MBA||1st week of May 2020||Last week of May 2020||2nd week of June 2020|
|BCA||1st week of May 2020||2nd week of May 2020||4th week of May 2020|
|BBA||1st week of May 2020||Last week of May 2020||2nd week of June 2020|
|B.ED||1st week of May 2020||2nd week of May 2020||4th week of May 2020|
IPU CET 2020 Application Form
Check below details regarding application form of IPU CET 2020:
- IPU CET 2020 Application Form will be released for various courses in the month of February 2020.
- The complete application process will consist of various steps – Filling the application details, uploading the scanned images, filling the academic qualifications, selecting the course and making fee payment.
- Students must fill the application form correctly as no correction will be allowed after the form submission. However, in case of mistake, student can submit a physical form by paying a certain amount of fee.
- The application form will be made available through online mode only.
- Candidates have to submit separate application forms to apply for more than one course.
For all category candidates, the fee will be Rs.1000 for each programme.
Mode of Payment: Students can pay the application fee through online mode by debit/credit card or net banking method.
IPU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
IPU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria for all the candidates is given below:
- Applying candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- For UG courses, the minimum age limit is 18 years and maximum age limit is 21 years.
- For PG courses, the minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit is 35 years.
- For Bachelor of Vocation, applying candidate should not be beyond 45 years of age.
For B.Tech (Bio-technology):
- Applying candidates must have passed in 12th level with minimum of 55% marks secured in PCM with biology/bio-technology in each subject as well as in English.
For M.Tech (Tool Engineering):
- Applying candidates must have passed with 60% marks in B.TECH/ B.E in tool engineering/ Mechanical/ Mechanical and Automation / Production/ Production and Industrial engineering or its equivalent.
For MBA Programme:
- Candidate must have done Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or any other discipline OR
Must have passed the final exam of ICSI / ICWAI / ICAI.
- He/she must have obtained minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exams.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Go through the exam pattern of IPU CET 2020 given below for various programmes before starting the exam preparation.
- Exam Mode and Date: IPU CET 2020 for various courses will be held in April-May 2020 in offline mode.
- Type of Questions: Questions asked in the paper will be objective in nature.
- Number of Questions: Total of 150 questions will be there in the B.Tech paper.
- Language medium: Exam paper will be available in medium language of English.
- Time Duration: 2.5 hours will be given for B.Tech and 3 hours for other courses.
- Total Marks: Exam paper will be of total 600 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for every correct answer. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
IPU CET 2020 Syllabus
The IPU CET 2020 syllabus will vary for various programmes. For UG courses, the syllabus will be from 10+2 level topics and for PG courses, the syllabus will be from graduation level topics.
Candidates can check syllabus for various courses through online mode from the information brochure.
For B.Tech (Bio-technology) Programme:
The syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology (Botany and Zoology) of 12th level.
For MBA Programme:
The Syllabus will contain various topics from – English Language & Comprehension, Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Reasoning ability including data interpretation.
IPU CET 2020 Preparation Tips
Students can prepare for the exam by following the below given preparation tips:
- Check the syllabus and pattern of the exam before preparing for the test.
- Make a proper timetable for preparation and follow it regularly.
- Divide your time equally for each section according to your course.
- Research & study complete information mentioned in the official syllabus.
- Increase your speed by practicing as much as you can.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
IPU CET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of IPU CET 2020 will be made available online. Candidates will be able to download admit card using their log-in Id & password. After downloading, students must paste their passport size photograph on it.
Students will be able to download the admit card few days before the entrance test. Candidates must keep their admit card safe till the admission procedure as it may be needed during the counselling process.
No admit card will be sent through post or any other offline mode. With the admit card, students must carry their valid id proof on the exam day. Request of issue of duplicate admit card will not be considered by the University.
IPU CET 2020 Reservation
As per the reservation policy of the University, 85% of the total seats will be reserved for candidates belonging to Delhi region & the rest 15% seats will be offered to the outside Delhi region candidates.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST/widows or PWD will be allowed 5% relaxation of marks in minimum eligibility required.
IPU CET 2020 Result
IPU CET 2020 Result will be made available online by entering the login details. The examination result will be declared at different dates for various courses.
Students will be able to download their scorecard/merit list by online mode. In case, any candidate has any doubt regarding the result, they can view their OMR sheet by paying certain amount of fee.
IPU CET 2020 Cut off
The University will prepare IPU CET 2020 cut off marks on the basis of various factors – Level of difficulty of the test, marking scheme, number of seats, total number of candidates appeared, last year cut-off, etc.
It will be released for All India level, Delhi and Outside Delhi candidates. Candidates must secure marks in the test as per the cut off marks prescribed to get selected for counselling.
IPU CET 2020 Counselling
After the results declaration, qualified candidates are required to Print Provisional Allotment Letter and appear for counselling.
IPUCET 2020 Counselling will be held in two procedures – Offline & Online. For the offline counselling, students have to visit the allotted venue individually, pay the fee, get the documents verified and lock the seats. It will be held for various medical and PGMC programmes.
The online counselling will be held for various courses – B.Tech, BBA, BCA, BCOM, BJMC, LLB, BED, MBA, MCA, etc. Complete details of counselling will be notified online.
If you have any query related to IPU CET 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.