NEET 2023: Notification, Exam Date, Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern
NEET 2023 is a national-level entrance exam for admission into MBBS, BDS, AYUSH & other nursing courses provided by medical colleges/ universities in India. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2023 exam in May 2023. The candidates who want to seek admission in MBBS/ BDS and AYUSH programme in various reputed government and private medical colleges in India can apply through NEET scores. The admissions are also offered in the top Medical institution like AIIMS, JIPMER, AFMC etc. In this article, we have provided complete information about NEET 2023 exam including application, exam date, eligibility, pattern, syllabus etc.
NEET 2023 Overview
|Name of Exam||NEET 2023|
|Full-Form||National Eligibility Entrance Test|
|Exam Organizing Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Type of Exam||Medical entrance exam|
|Courses in which admission is through NEET||MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS, Nursing|
|Colleges in which admission is through NEET||All Medical Colleges in India|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
NEET 2023 Exam Dates
Given below is the tentative schedule of the NEET 2023 Examination:
|NEET 2023 Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Application form available||1st week of December 2022|
|Final date to submit the Application form||Last week of December 2022|
|Fee submit on the last date||January 2023|
|Application form correction||3rd week to 4th week of January 2023|
|NEET (UG) Admit Card||4th week of March 2023|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||1st week of May 2023|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June 2023|
|Beginning of the counseling||2nd week of June 2023|
NEET 2023 Application Form
Here are the details about NEET 2023 Application form filling procedure:
- The candidates who want to apply for the examination are required to fill out the application form from the 1st week of December 2022.
- Once the application opens, you have to fill the application form with correct details like name, address, etc.
- After filling out the form, click next and upload the scanned copy of the required documents.
- Candidates must submit the application form before the last week of December 2023, as no application form will be accepted after that date.
- Pay the application fee using a Debit/ Credit card, UPI, Net banking, etc.
- Download, save and print a copy of the confirmation page of the application form for future reference.
The application fee payable for different categories is:
- Candidates of the General Category will pay Rs 1600/-.
- Candidates of the General- EWS/ OBC-NCL will pay Rs 1500/-.
- Candidates of the SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender category will pay Rs 900/-.
- For those candidates who are applying from outside India, the application fee is Rs 8500/-.
- Candidates will have to also pay additional charges and GST.
- The application fee can be submitted online mode only through Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit card, or UPI.
How to Apply for NEET 2023
In order to apply for NEET 2023, candidates must do the following:
- Step-1: Candidates have to register themselves first.
- Step-2: Once the registration is done, the login details will be sent to the registered email id and mobile number. Using these details, candidates need to log in and fill out the NEET application form
- Step-3: Candidates have to fill in all personal, educational, and contact details in the NEET 2023 Application form.
- Step-4: Also, upload documents such as a photograph, and signature in the NEET online application form.
- Step-5: Finally, pay the application fee as prescribed by the National Testing Agency and take printout of the filled application.
NEET 2023 Application Correction Window
NEET (UG) 2023 Application correction will start from the 3rd week of January 2023. In the application form, candidates could alter any details and exam city selections.
Candidates will be needed to NEET log in by entering their application number and password in order to make an edit and utilise the NEET 2023 correction window. There are some details that cannot be changed in the NEET correction window- Registered mobile number and Email ID registered.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check complete details related to NEET Eligibility Criteria from the below section:
- Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIO, and Foreign Nationals candidates are eligible to apply.
- Students of UTs of J&K and Ladakh are eligible to apply under the 15% of All India Quota only on a self-declaration basis.
- The candidate must have completed 17 years of age during admission or before 31stDecember of the year of admission.
- There will be no upper age limit to apply for NEET.
- Minimum Qualification: Candidates must have a 12th or equivalent certificate from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English as core subject.
- Marks Required: NEET eligibility marks in class 12th are aggregate marks for PCB subjects.
- The class 12th percentage needed for the NEET 2023 exam is different for each category as shown below:
- UR – 50%
- OBC/ SC/ ST – 40%
- PWD – 45%
- Number of Attempts: There is no attempt limit for NEET 2023 exam.
- Foreign Nationals: Students who have been educated abroad and are planning to take admission to medical colleges in India should have passed their 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English subjects with 50% marks obtained by AIU as per MCI regulations.
- Appearing: Candidates who are appearing in the 12th class exams in the year 2023 are also eligible to apply for NEET.
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
Here are the details about the NEET Exam pattern:
- Mode: The exam will be held in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
- Number of Questions: There will be 200 questions out of which 180 questions are mandatory. In the section B, choices will be given to candidates.
- Type of Questions: The question will comprise Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Duration: The duration of the exam would be 3 hours and 20 minutes.
- Medium: The NEET question paper 2023 will be in these languages: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Punjabi.
- Marking Scheme :Candidates will get 4 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Section wise exam pattern of NEET 2023 is given below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
NEET Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for the NEET exam will be based on the curriculum prescribed by the Medical Council of India for classes 11th and 12th. Candidates can check some important topics of NEET syllabus from below.
Physics NEET Syllabus:
|Physics NEET Syllabus (11th)||Physics NEET Syllabus (12th)|
|Physical-world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|The motion of the System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
Chemistry NEET Syllabus:
|Chemistry NEET Syllabus(11th)||Chemistry NEET Syllabus(12th)|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
Biology NEET Syllabus:
|Biology NEET Syllabus(Zoology & Botany – class 11th)||Biology NEET Syllabus (Zoology & Botany – class 12th)|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organization in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
NEET 2023 Preparation Tips
NEET is one of the most challenging competitive entrance exams in India. Candidates need to follow proper schedule tips and strategies in order to clear the NEET-UG exam. Check some beneficial NEET preparation tips from below:
- Prepare a timetable and divide time equally for all subjects.
- Check out the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Take help from the best book and study materials available.
- Practice the previous year’s question paper and sample paper.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take the stress and take care of your health.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NEET Admit Card 2023
The admit card will be released in the 4th week of March 2023 through online mode. The admit card will contain the details such as exam date, venue, reporting time, etc. Candidates should keep a printout of the NEET admit card for further use.
Candidates should carry their admit card on the day of examination as no candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall. Candidates need to paste a photograph on the admit card and one also needs to be carried along with the admit card.
NEET 2023 Answer Key
The NTA will first release the provisional answer key and then the final answer will be released set-wise. Candidates can also challenge the answer key if they are not satisfied with the answer. The NEET Answer key will be released in the 3rd week of May 2023 through online mode.
For each challenged question, candidates will be required to pay Rs 1000 as a processing fee. The fee can be paid by the candidates through online mode. Candidates will get a refund of this fee if the challenge made by the candidate will be found true.
NEET Result 2023
The NEET result 2023 will be announced through online mode in 1st week of June 2023. To get NEET Results candidates will be required to enter their login details like- roll number and date of birth.
The result will be prepared according to the revised answer key released by the authority. The authority will not prepare the result category-wise. Candidates can take the printout of their results after the declaration of it. The NEET result will be considered by most of the medical colleges across the country for admission into UG programmes.
NEET Reservation 2023
There will be the provision of seat reservations for reserved category candidates. The seat will be reserved in all government-sponsored institutions, private colleges, and deemed universities.
NEET 2023 Reservation of seats under 15% All India Quota is given below:
Scope of NEET 2023
The marks obtained from the NEET exam will be used to provide admissions to different medical seats and medical universities. The admissions will be granted to
- 15% All India Quota seats
- 85% state quota medical seats
- Different Central and deemed universities
- State, management, and NRI quota seats in private colleges
- Central pool quota seats
- Seats in private unaided, aided minority, and non-minority medical colleges
NEET Cut Off 2023
The NEET cut off will be announced for various categories including general, OBC, SC, and ST. The expected cut off for NEET 2023 exam will be at least around 640-650 marks to be on the safer side.
The cut-off will be released along with the declaration of result. It will be prepared on the basis of various factors such as marks scored, difficulty level of exam, rank, availability of seats etc. Admissions will be given to candidates as per the scored rank.
NEET 2023 Counselling
The counselling will be commenced in the 2nd week of June 2023. The NEET 2023 counselling will be conducted by the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India. The counseling will be held in 2 rounds. Other rounds may also be organized depending upon the availability of seats.
The selected candidates will be invited to the counselling process according to their merit. The process of NEET Counselling for 15% All India Quota will be managed by the MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) by online mode whereas the counselling for 85% state quota seats will be held by the counselling committee of the state.
Documents Required for Counselling:
The list of documents that will be verified are:
- 10thand 12thPassing Certificate
- Mark sheets
- NEET Rank Card/ Rank Letter
- NEET Admit Card
- Category Certificate
- 8 Passport size photographs
- Birth Certificate
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Identity Proof
If you have any other queries about NEET 2023 exam, you can leave your queries in the comment box given below.