NEET PG 2020: Counselling (Started), Cut-off, Admission Procedure
NEET PG 2020 Seat Allotment for mop up round has been released. Revised Cut Off has been released. The exam has been conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). This is a national level entrance test held every year to register the candidates into MD/MS/Post Graduate Diploma courses at all private medical colleges and universities. NEET PG entrance test is compulsory for foreign national candidates who are seeking admission in PG medical courses in India. Admission will be provided to the candidates who will qualify the entrance test by scoring the qualifying marks. Candidates will get admission in various renowned medical institutions of the country. In this article we have provided detailed information of NEET PG 2020, related to result, score card, cut-off, counselling etc.
NEET PG 2020 Notifications:
NEET PG 2021 exam will be held in the month of January 2021. Check more details about NEET PG 2021 here.
NEET PG 2020 Seat Allotment for final mop up round has been released. Check here for counselling details.
NEET PG 2020 Revised Cut Off has been released. Check here for cut off details.
NEET PG 2020 Result for All India 50% Quota Seats has been released on 18th February 2020. Check here for result details.
NEET PG 2020 Score Card has been released through login.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Dates
Check below official NEET PG Exam Dates for various events:
|Official Notification release||1st November 2019|
|Online Registration Starts||1st November 2019|
|Online Registration Closes||21st November 2019 (Till 11:55 pm)|
|Application Correction||3rd – 7th December 2019|
|Mock Test Available||20th December 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||31st December 2019|
|NEET PG 2020 Exam||5th January 2020|
|Result Declaration||30th January 2020|
|Score card release||6th February 2020|
|Counselling starts||12th March 2020|
NEET PG 2020 Result
NEET PG Result has been declared on 30th January 2020. Candidates can view their result with the help of user id/roll number and password. The result has been published in PDF format. The scorecard display candidates rank, All India quota rank, All India quota category rank, state quota rank and other details.
Merit list is prepared separately for various categories online. All India 50% quota seats status is released after which eligible candidates will be selected for further admission process. The score card will be eligible for current session admission.
If two or more candidates obtain equal marks, then the priority will be given to the older candidates. Also a separate merit list will be prepared by the state counselling authorities for state quota seats.
NEET PG 2020 Cut Off
To get admission in PG medical programmes at various renowned institutions, candidates have to obtain cut off marks in NEET PG 2020 entrance test. Students are able to check cut off marks online after the results release. The cut off marks is prepared based on various factors – Number of appearing candidates, no. of candidates passed in the test, difficulty level of question paper, no. of vacancy, etc.
For general candidates, the cut off is – 50% percentile, 45% percentile is for general PH and 40% percentile is for SC/ST/OBC/Reserved-PH candidates.
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
NEET PG Counselling has been started from 12th March 2020. Candidates must go through the counselling procedure online before attending the counselling process. MCC organize the counselling process for 50% All India quota. The counselling for admission into state quota seats will be conducted by concerned State/UTs authorities.
Candidates must bring their original documents for document verification process of counselling. Candidates are able to select their college/institution, course and branch as per their choice. Candidates need to visit the counselling center with the required document at the allotted time period.
Documents required during the counselling are listed below:
- NEET PG 2020 admit card
- NEET PG 2020 rank card
- Graduation certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Counselling letter
- Photograph (passport size)
- Category certificate (if needed), etc.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
NEET PG 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check various details of NEET PG 2020 application form in the below given section:
- The application process of NEET PG 2020 has been started from 1st November 2019.
- Students can fill their application form till 21st November 2019.
- In the application process, candidates have to register online, fill the application details, upload photograph and signature and make application fee payment.
- Candidates must fill valid email and mobile number to obtain user id and password.
- Candidates must take print out of the fee transaction id and application form after application process.
- Candidates can submit the application form through online mode only. No applications will be accepted through offline mode.
- General / OBC Candidates have to pay Rs.3750 as application fee.
- For SC/ST/PWD (PH) candidates, application fee is Rs. 2750.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay application fee using debit/credit card or via net banking mode.
Check here– How to Fill NEET PG Application Form
NEET PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check complete details of eligibility criteria of NEET PG 2020 in this section:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must posses MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate approved by MCI.
- Registration: He/she must possess permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS degree.
- Internship: Applying candidate must have completed 1 year of internship on or before 31st March 2020.
Eligibility for All India 50% Quota Seats:
- Students who qualified MBBS from the state of Jammu and Kashmir are not eligible to apply for all India 50% quota seats.
- Candidates who were nominated by government of India to do MBBS in Jammu and Kashmir will be eligible for all India 50% quota seats.
- These candidates have to submit a duly signed certificate of proof that they were appointed by government of India.
- The certificate of proof needs to be sent along with the online printed application form to the authority of NEET PG 2020.
- If candidates fail to submit this certificate and completed their MBBS course from Jammu and Kashmir will not be eligible for 50% quota seats.
NEET PG 2020 Admit Card
NEET PG 2020 Admit Card is available for the candidates from 31st December 2020. Candidates can download their admit card by online mode only and no candidate will be provided admit cards via post.
Candidates are required to bring admit card with a passport size photograph pasted on it. Also students have to bring their photocopy of MCI/SMC registration and any one valid id proof – PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhar on the exam day.
NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Check details of exam pattern and marking scheme of NEET PG 2020 in the below given section:
- Exam Mode: The entrance exam will be held in online mode.
- Sections: There will be three sections in the paper – A, B and C.
- Total Question: There will be total 300 questions in the test. 50 MCQs in Section A;100 in Section B and 150 in Section C.
- Question Type: The paper will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s).
- Exam Language: The paper will be available for the aspirants in English language only.
- Total Marks: The exam will be of total 1200 marks.
- Total Time: Total time given for the exam will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Marking: Candidates will get +4 marks for each right answer and -1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
The Distribution of Marks for various sections is given below:
|Social and preventive medicine||25|
|General Medicine including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry||45|
|General Surgery including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia & Radiodiagnosis||45|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
NEET PG 2020 Syllabus
NEET PG Syllabus is comprised of the various subjects studied by the candidates in the MBBS and BDS level. Candidates can check complete syllabus by online mode as per their applied course.
The subjects included in the syllabus is according to Graduate Medical Education Regulations prescribed by MCI. The topics will be from – para clinical, pre clinical and clinical subjects.
NEET PG 2020 Preparation Tips
Check various preparation tips provided below to get qualified in the entrance test and score good marks:
- Candidates are advised to go through the previous year papers to get basic idea about the examination pattern and type of questions.
- Candidates can purchase a test series available in the market for better preparation.
- Candidates can make a proper schedule for exam preparation and try to follow it in a disciplined manner.
- Candidates are advised to make short notes and revise them regularly.
- Study from good sources of study materials available online or offline.
If you have any query regarding NEET PG 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.