CAT 2018: Result, Cut Off, Score Card, Percentile, Admission
CAT 2018 Result has been declared on 5th January 2019. CAT is also known as Common Admission Test. It is a national level examination administrated by the IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management) on rotation basis. CAT 2018 is organized by the IIM, Calcutta. CAT exam is a management aptitude test organized for providing admission to students in postgraduate management programmes (MBA). For admission into IIMs, it is mandatory to qualify the CAT exam. Various reputed colleges other than IIMs also consider the CAT score for offering admission. CAT 2018 Answer Key has been released on 7th December 2018. Here we are providing details about CAT 2018 exam, including answer key, result, counselling etc.
CAT 2018 Notifications – Result Declared
CAT 2018 Result (Score Card) has been declared on 5th January 2019 through login.Check here for result details.
CAT 2018 Answer Key has been released through login. Candidates can file objections till 10th December 2018 (5:00 PM).Check here for answer key details.
CAT 2018 Candidate’s Responses File has been released. Candidates can check their respective question paper & responses through login. Check here for responses details.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
CAT 2018 Admit Card has been released on 24th October 2018. Click here to get admit card details.
CAT 2018 Exam Day Instructions has been released. Check here for details.
CAT 2018 Mock Test is available for practice now. Check here for mock test & other preparation tips.
CAT 2018 Examination has been conducted on 25th November 2018. Check here for complete dates.
In CAT 2018, Candidates with improper/blur photographs can login and re-upload their photograph from 27th September to 30th September 2018. Check here for image correction details.
CAT 2018 Registration has been over by 26th September 2018. Check here for registration details.
CAT Exam Dates
The official CAT 2018 dates are mentioned below:
|Advertisement released||29th July 2018|
|Online registration starts||8th August 2018|
|Last date for registration||26th September 2018|
|Image correction||27th – 30th September 2018|
|Admit card release||24th October 2018|
|Mock Test Release||17th October 2018|
|Exam date||25th November 2018|
|Release of responses||1st December 2018|
|Answer key release||7th December 2018|
|Last date to submit objection||10th December 2018|
|Result announcement||5th January 2019|
CAT Result 2018
Candidates can check the CAT 2018 Result via online mode. It has been released on 5th January 2019. CAT score card is available via online mode through the website.
The authority may also intimate about the result to candidates individually. Candidates can view their score through the login window. Candidates are advised to take printout of the result for further use.
Students will get admission in various IIMs on the basis of cut-off. CAT Cut-off depend upon the various terms like number of students, seats availability, exam difficulty, etc.
CAT cut-off will be released by various IIMs. Cut-off will be published separately for various categories like NC-OBC, ST, ST and DA/PwD.
CAT 2018 Admission
CAT Admission 2018 will be started after the result announcement. Each IIM consider their own procedures & eligibility for providing admissions. Admission will be done as per the cut-off released by the IIMs.
For admission candidates have to go through various rounds like Personal Interview (PI), Group Discussion (GD) and Written Ability Test (WAT). Admission will be done as per the candidate’s performance in the CAT exam & Interview organized by IIMs.
CAT exam is conducted to offer admission into various management courses offered by the IIMs. It is managed by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on a rotation basis. CAT (Common Admission Test) is a national level examination. Through this exam, candidates can also get admission into other management colleges.
CAT 2018 Answer Key
Candidate’s responses has been released on 1st December 2018. Candidates can check the answer key of CAT after the examination. The answer key contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the CAT examination.
CAT answer key (official) has been published on 7th December 2018. Students can get the answer key via online mode through the website.
Through answer key, candidates can have an idea about their performance in the examination. Candidates are able to submit their objections against answer key till 10th December 2018.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Click here to view more FAQs on CAT 2018.
CAT Registration 2018
- Candidates can register for this exam via online mode through the website.
- CAT Application Form 2018 has been released from the 8th August 2018.
- Last date for registration will be till 26th September 2018.
- Go through the official website of CAT (link is given above).
- Enter your registration details and register yourself.
- A User ID and Password will be generated after registration.
- Fill all the required details like personal, academic, programmes & other relevant details.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature & other required documents.
- The CAT correction facility in images has been started from 27th September 2018.
- Candidates are required to pay the application fee through online mode only.
- Don’t forget to take printout of the application form for further use.
- The application fee is Rs. 1900/- for General / NC-OBC candidates.
- SC/ST /PWD candidates are required to pay Rs.950/- as an application fee.
- The application fee payment can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
- The additional charges have been mentioned below:
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for amount up to Rs.2000.00.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for amount more than Rs.2000.00.|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction.|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
The detailed CAT eligibility criteria to apply is given here:
- Qualification: Students must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: In the qualifying exam, students must have secured minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply.
- Other Qualification: CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
CAT 2018 Admit Card
- Only those candidates are able to get the admit card who have successfully submitted their online application form.
- CAT 2018 Admit Card has been released through online mode on 24th October 2018.
- Candidates can download the CAT hall ticket by entering their User ID and Password.
- The admit card contains details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, PWD status, etc.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination center on the day of the examination.
CAT Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the CAT exam pattern from below:
- Exam Mode: This exam will be organized on digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Exam Duration: The total exam duration will be 180 minutes. Sixty minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section.
- Type of Question: The questions will be multiple choice type and subjective type.
- No. of Question: The question paper will comprise of total 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For multiple choice questions, one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted.
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
- There will be not any such fixed syllabus for CAT examination.
- Candidates may attempt the mock test to understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- The CAT syllabus will comprise of four sections, i.e. Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning.
- Questions will be asked from the above mentioned topics.
- To score better in the examination, students are advised to consider the whole syllabus for exam preparations.
How to Prepare for CAT
- Correct strategy & time schedule is the key to crack any exam.
- Prepare a proper time table according to your daily schedule and manage your time equally for all the subjects.
- Gather all the details about the syllabus and cover every single topic in your preparation.
- Find out the best CAT books and study materials for CAT preparations.
- Practice from previous year question papers it will help you to know more about the exam pattern.
- Take healthy & nutritious diet and do exercise & yoga it will help you to remain physically fit.
For any other queries related to CAT 2018, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.