CLAT 2024: Exam Date (Out), Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern
CLAT 2024 Exam Date has been announced. Application form will be released in the first week of July/August 2023. It is a national level law entrance exam conducted through offline mode. This exam is conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities to offer admission to the eligible candidates. To get admission to any of the participating universities failing under NLUs, candidates will have to submit the application form. Interested candidates will be able to get admission into undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law courses offered by 22 participating NLUs. The admission will be given to the candidates through CLAT as per the merit list released at the time of result announcement.
In the article given below we have provided the complete information related to the CLAT 2024 exam such as application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
Application Form Exam Dates Eligibility
CLAT 2024 Notifications – Exam Date Released
CLAT 2024 Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be held on 3rd December 2023. Check other details below.
CLAT 2024 Overview
|Name of the exam||Common-Law Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||A consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National level|
|How to Apply||Online|
|Courses||UG & PG law courses|
CLAT 2024 Exam Dates
Candidates can go through the complete official CLAT exam dates below:
|Online application||1st week of July/August 2023|
|Release of Second Sample Question Set||2nd week of October 2023|
|Second Open Campus Visit day for registered candidates||2nd week of October 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||1st week of November 2023|
|Last date for application fee payment||2nd week of November 2023|
|Test city update||November 2023|
|Admit card release||1st week of December 2023|
|Exam Date||3rd December 2023|
|Answer Key||December 2023|
|Objection against CLAT 2023 Answer key||December 2023|
|Final answer key release||December 2023|
|Objections against final key||December 2023|
|Result Declaration||December 2023|
CLAT 2024 Application Form
Candidates can check out the details given below to know the complete CLAT 2024 application form details:
- The application form will be released in first week of July/August 2023.
- Candidates will be able to submit and fill the CLAT registration form through online mode. No offline mode will be provided.
- For the basic registration, candidates will have to provide the details like name, email ID and mobile number.
- Login using allotted details at the time of registration to fill out the application form.
- Fill all the asked details in the application form carefully as once they submit the form, no correction facility will be provided.
- Upload the scanned documents such as photograph, signature, & other required certificates.
- To complete the application procedure, submit the application fee through online mode.
- At last, take a hardcopy of the filled application form for further usage in admission procedure.
Candidates can refer the given below pointer to know regarding the application fee:
- The application fee will be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to submit the fee using Credit card/ debit card/ pay wallet/ Ru Pay.
- The application fee will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
- We have provided the complete category wise application fee details below:
|General/ OBC/ SAP+ Other||Rs 4000/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs 3500/-|
|Previous year question papers||Rs. 500/-|
How to Apply for CLAT 2024
- Step-1: Visit the website of CLAT (Link will be given above).
- Step-2: Enter the valid email ID and phone number to register.
- Step-3: Now login using allotted details to fill the form.
- Step-4: Start filling out the application form with necessary details.
- Step-5: Fill the preference among all the 22 national law universities.
- Step-6: Upload the required scanned documents as per the given specification.
- Step-7: Pay the application fee through online mode and submit the form.
- Step-8: Take a hardcopy of the filled form for further usage.
CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to fulfill the CLAT eligibility criteria 2024 before filling out the application form:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian Nationals/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored to apply for the exam.
For UG Programme:
- Qualifying Examination: Applying candidates must passed class 12th level from a recognized board/ university.
- Minimum Marks: To be eligible for the exam, candidates must have scored 45% aggregate marks (40% marks for SC/ST) in the qualifying exam.
- Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit to apply for UG law courses.
- Appearing: The appearing candidates in class 12th level will also be eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
For PG Programme:
- Qualifying Examination: To be eligible for PG courses, applicants must have passed LLB or 5-year integrated LLB or its equivalent from a recognized institute/ university.
- Age Limit: No upper age limit will be there to apply.
- Minimum Marks: For general category, candidate must have scored 50% marks and 45% marks for reserved category (ST/ST) in the qualifying exam.
CLAT 2024 Exam Pattern
Given below will be the details related to CLAT exam pattern 2024:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized through offline (Pen-paper based) mode.
- Duration: Total 2 hours will be allotted to solve the exam.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Subjective type questions will be asked in the paper.
- Medium: The questions will be asked in English language only.
- Number of Questions: In UG exam, total 150 questions will be asked and 120 questions in PG exam.
- Sections: There will be total 5 sections in the question paper for UG courses.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Following will be the marks distribution in the exam:
For UG Courses:
|English Including Comprehension||28-32|
|G.K & Current Affairs||35-39|
For PG Courses:
|Other Law Subjects such as Contracts, tort, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR, etc.||50|
CLAT 2024 Syllabus
Those candidates who want to appear for the CLAT 2024 examination must be aware about the exam syllabus.
There will be various sections in CLAT syllabus for in UG courses such as – English, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
We are providing some of the topics included in each section of the exam below:
|Mathematics||In this section, candidate’s knowledge related to elementary mathematics will be checked.|
|Legal Aptitude||Rules and passages of law, application of the rules and passages, etc.|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||Contemporary events of National and International Significance, Arts and Culture, International Affairs, Historical Events of significance.|
|English including comprehension||Passages, Reading, Comprehension, Inference, and Conclusion, Summary, Vocabulary, etc.|
|Logical Reasoning||Argument- Premise and Conclusion, Inference, Relationships and Analogies, Contradictions and Equivalence, etc.|
CLAT Preparation Tips
Candidates can go through the given preparation tips to score better in CLAT 2024 exam:
- Prepare for the exam as per the exam pattern.
- Check out the complete syllabus on the website and study accordingly.
- Try to choose the best possible books for preparations.
- Divide your time and make a proper schedule for the exam.
- Try to give more and more time to the study and follow the schedule properly.
- Ensure for using previous years of questions paper and sample papers for help.
- Do a regular exercise and stay fit and healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CLAT 2024 Admit Card
The CLAT admit card 2024 will be released through online mode on the website. In the second week of December 2023, the admit card will be available on the website.
The admit card for the same will consist of details like name, parents name, other personal details, photograph, signature, exam date, exam time, reporting time, and other exam day instructions. Candidates must keep the hardcopy of the admit card for the day of examination.
CLAT 2024 Answer Key
The authority will publish the CLAT answer key 2024 after the few days from the examination. It will be released through online mode on the website. The Consortium of National Law University will release the provisional answer key first in PDF format.
Candidates will have to login using registered ID and password to download the answer key. In case candidates will have any doubt or complaint regarding the answer key questions, so they can raise an objection against the answer key. After considering all the raised objections, the final answer key will be released.
CLAT 2024 Result
The CLAT result 2024 will be released through online mode by the exam conducting authority. It will be published on the website and then the merit list will be prepared by the authority.
The result will be displayed in the form of a merit list on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam. Those candidates whose name will appear on the merit list will be called for the centralized counselling procedure.
CLAT 2024 Cut Off
The CLAT 2024 cut off will be the minimum score or rank that candidates needs to secure for admission to the various participating institutes. In case any candidates secure a score or rank equal to the CLAT cut off 2024 will get admission in that round.
The authority will release the cut off through online mode on the website. Only qualified candidates will be able to check the cut off marks on the website.
CLAT 2024 Counselling
The CLAT Counselling 2024 will be organized in the month of December 2023. In the various rounds, the counselling procedure will be conducted through online mode. Only qualified candidates will be called for the counselling procedure.
At the time of counselling, candidates must indicate their NLUs preference online where they want to take admission by centralized counselling procedure. The admission to UG and PG in CLAT counselling participating universities will be done on the merit-cum-preference. As per the preference filled by the candidates, the seat will be allocated to them.
CLAT Participating Universities
Participating Institutes of CLAT 2024
Following will be the participating institutes of CLAT 2024:
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- National University of Advanced legal Studies, Kochi
- National Law University, Cuttack
- Himanchal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
- Dr BR Ambedkar National Law University, Sonipat
- Tamil Nadu National Law University, Tiruchirappalli
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- National University of Study and Research in law, Ranchi
- Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- SOA National Institute of Law, Bhubaneswar
In case of any query related to CLAT 2024 exam, candidates can feel free to ask their queries below in the comment section.