CLAT 2024: Seat Allotment (Out), Counselling, Merit, Admission
CLAT 2024 Allotment List (Round 3) has been released on 22nd January 2024. It is a national level law entrance exam conducted through offline mode. This exam is conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities to offer admission to the eligible candidates. To get admission to any of the participating universities failing under NLUs, candidates have to submit the application form. Interested candidates are able to get admission into undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law courses offered by participating NLUs. The admission will be given to the candidates through CLAT as per the merit list released at the time of result announcement.
In the article given below we have provided the complete information related to the CLAT 2024 exam such as answer key, exam dates, result, cut-off, counselling etc.
CLAT 2024 Notifications – Allotment Out (Round 3)
CLAT 2024 Allotment List (Round 3) has been released on 22nd January 2024. Check here for counselling details.
CLAT 2024 Result has been declared on 10th December 2023. Check here for result details.
CLAT 2024 Overview
|Name of the exam
|Common-Law Admission Test
|A consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs)
|Frequency of Conduct
|Once a year
|How to Apply
|UG & PG law courses
CLAT 2024 Exam Dates
Candidates can go through the complete official CLAT exam dates below:
|1st July 2023
|Last date to submit the form
|10th November 2023
|Admit card release
|21st November 2023
|3rd December 2023
|4th December 2023
|Objection against CLAT 2024 Answer key
|4th – 5th December 2023
|Final answer key release
|9th December 2023
|10th December 2023
|11th – 20th December 2023
CLAT 2024 Counselling
The CLAT Counselling 2024 has been organized from 11th December 2023. In the various rounds, the counselling procedure is conducted through online mode. Only qualified candidates are called for the counselling procedure.
At the time of counselling, candidates must indicate their NLUs preference online where they want to take admission by centralized counselling procedure. The admission to UG and PG in CLAT counselling participating universities is done on the merit-cum-preference. As per the preference filled by the candidates, the seat has been allocated to them.
CLAT 2024 Answer Key
The authority has published the CLAT answer key 2024 after next day from the examination. It has been released through online mode on the website. The Consortium of National Law University has released the provisional answer key first in PDF format.
Candidates have to login using registered ID and password to download the answer key. In case candidates have any doubt or complaint regarding the answer key questions, so they can raise an objection against the answer key. After considering all the raised objections, the final answer key has been released.
CLAT 2024 Result
The CLAT result 2024 has been released on 10th December 2023 through online mode by the exam conducting authority. It has been published on the website and then the merit list is prepared by the authority.
The result has been displayed in the form of a merit list on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam. Those candidates whose name appear on the merit list are called for the centralized counselling procedure.
CLAT 2024 Cut Off
The CLAT 2024 cut off is the minimum score or rank that candidates needs to secure for admission to the various participating institutes. In case any candidates secure a score or rank equal to the CLAT cut off 2024 will get admission in that round.
The authority will release the cut off through online mode on the website. Only qualified candidates will be able to check the cut off marks on the website.
Participating Institutes of CLAT 2024
Following will be the participating institutes of CLAT 2024:
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- National University of Advanced legal Studies, Kochi
- National Law University, Cuttack
- Himanchal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
- Dr BR Ambedkar National Law University, Sonipat
- Tamil Nadu National Law University, Tiruchirappalli
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore
- National University of Study and Research in law, Ranchi
- Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- SOA National Institute of Law, Bhubaneswar
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CLAT 2024 Application Form
Candidates can check out the details given below to know the complete CLAT 2024 application form details:
- The application form has been released from 1st July 2023.
- Candidates are able to submit and fill the CLAT registration form through online mode. No offline mode is provided.
- For the basic registration, candidates have to provide the details like name, email ID and mobile number.
- Login using allotted details at the time of registration to fill out the application form.
- Fill all the asked details in the application form carefully as once they submit the form, no correction facility will be provided.
- Upload the scanned documents such as photograph, signature, & other required certificates.
- To complete the application procedure, submit the application fee through online mode.
- At last, take a hardcopy of the filled application form for further usage in admission procedure.
Candidates can refer the given below pointer to know regarding the application fee:
- The application fee can be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates are able to submit the fee using Credit card/ debit card/ pay wallet/ Ru Pay.
- The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- We have provided the complete category wise application fee details below:
|General/ OBC/ SAP+ Other
|Previous year question papers
How to Apply for CLAT 2024
- Step-1: Visit the website of CLAT (Link is given above).
- Step-2: Click on the register button and fill Name, Mobile, Email ID & password to register.
- Step-3: Now login using allotted details to fill the form.
- Step-4: Start filling out the application form with necessary details.
- Step-5: Fill the preference among all the 22 national law universities.
- Step-6: Upload the required scanned documents as per the given specification.
- Step-7: Pay the application fee through online mode and submit the form.
- Step-8: Take a hardcopy of the filled form for further usage.
CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to fulfill the CLAT eligibility criteria 2024 before filling out the application form:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian Nationals/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored to apply for the exam.
For UG Programme:
- Qualifying Examination: Applying candidates must passed class 12th level from a recognized board/ university.
- Minimum Marks: To be eligible for the exam, candidates must have scored 45% aggregate marks (40% marks for SC/ST) in the qualifying exam.
- Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit to apply for UG law courses.
- Appearing: The appearing candidates in class 12th level will also be eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
For PG Programme:
- Qualifying Examination: To be eligible for PG courses, applicants must have passed LLB or 5-year integrated LLB or its equivalent from a recognized institute/ university.
- Age Limit: No upper age limit will be there to apply.
- Minimum Marks: For general category, candidate must have scored 50% marks and 45% marks for reserved category (SC/ST) in the qualifying exam.
CLAT 2024 Admit Card
The CLAT admit card 2024 has been released through online mode on the website. On 21st November 2023, the admit card is available on the website.
The admit card for the same consist of details like name, parents name, other personal details, photograph, signature, exam date, exam time, reporting time, and other exam day instructions. Candidates must keep the hardcopy of the admit card for the day of examination.
CLAT 2024 Exam Pattern
Given below are the details related to CLAT exam pattern 2024:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized through offline (Pen-paper based) mode.
- Duration: Total 2 hours will be allotted to solve the exam.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Subjective type questions will be asked in the paper.
- Medium: The questions will be asked in English language only.
- Number of Questions: In UG exam, total 120 questions will be asked and 120 questions in PG exam.
- Sections: There will be total 5 sections in the question paper for UG courses.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Following will be the marks distribution in the exam:
For UG Courses:
|22-26 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper
|G.K & Current Affairs
|28-32 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper
|10-14 questions, or roughly 10% of the paper
|28-32 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper
|22-26 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper
For PG Courses:
Other areas of law such as Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law
|Total 120 Marks
CLAT 2024 Syllabus
Those candidates who want to appear for the CLAT 2024 examination must be aware about the exam syllabus.
There is various sections in CLAT syllabus for in UG courses such as – English, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
We are providing some of the topics included in each section of the exam below:
|In this section, candidate’s knowledge related to elementary mathematics will be checked.
|Rules and passages of law, application of the rules and passages, etc.
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs
|Contemporary events of National and International Significance, Arts and Culture, International Affairs, Historical Events of significance.
|English including comprehension
|Passages, Reading, Comprehension, Inference, and Conclusion, Summary, Vocabulary, etc.
|Argument- Premise and Conclusion, Inference, Relationships and Analogies, Contradictions and Equivalence, etc.
CLAT Preparation Tips
Candidates can go through the given preparation tips to score better in CLAT 2024 exam:
- Prepare for the exam as per the exam pattern.
- Check out the complete syllabus on the website and study accordingly.
- Try to choose the best possible books for preparations.
- Divide your time and make a proper schedule for the exam.
- Try to give more and more time to the study and follow the schedule properly.
- Ensure for using previous years of questions paper and sample papers for help.
- Do a regular exercise and stay fit and healthy.
In case of any query related to CLAT 2024 exam, candidates can feel free to ask their queries below in the comment section.