CLAT 2019: Result (Declared), Cut-off, Counselling & Admission Procedure
CLAT 2019 Seat Allotment has been released. The exam is conducted for admission to undergraduate & postgraduate law programmes. This year, CLAT Exam was managed by the Consortium of National Law Universities. On the basis of CLAT scores, candidates can also get admission into various government & private law colleges across the country. Check here complete information about CLAT 2019 dates, counselling, admission etc.
CLAT 2019 Notifications – 2nd Seat Allotment Released
CLAT 2019 Second Allotment List has been released. Check here for counselling details.
CLAT 2019 Result has been declared on 14th June 2019. Check here for result details.
CLAT 2019 Final Answer Key for LLM programme has been released. Check here for answer key details.
CLAT 2019 Exam Dates
In this section, we are providing a official schedule of CLAT 2019 Exam Dates.
|Application Form Availability||13th January 2019 (Available)|
|Last date for form submission||15th April 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Card Starts||By 13th May 2019|
|Date of CLAT Entrance Exam||26th May 2019 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)|
|Answer Key Release||30th May 2019|
|Representation of questions or key||Till 2nd June 2019|
|Uploading of amended answer key (if required)||6th June 2019|
|Result/Merit List Declaration||14th June 2019|
|First Indicative Seat Allocation Publication||14th June 2019|
|Date for payment of counselling fee||14th – 19th June 2019|
CLAT Answer Key 2019
Candidates can check the provisional answer key on 30th May 2019 through online mode on the official website.
Candidates can view the CLAT 2019 answer key through a candidate’s login window by entering their email ID & password.
If candidates have any objection regarding the published answer key, they can contact the officials till 2nd June 2019.
The final answer key has been released on 6th June 2019.
CLAT 2019 Result
Candidates should check this section to get complete details about CLAT 2019 result/merit list declaration:
- The result has been declared in 14th June 2019 through online mode.
- To check the result, candidates have to login with email ID & password.
- There is no other mode to check the result.
- Candidates should download the scorecard for admission purpose.
CLAT Cut Off 2019
Candidates check here for details of CLAT 2019 cut off releasing mode, date, last year cut off, etc.
- The university will release the cut off for the examination after the result announcement.
- It may be published in the month of June 2019 through online mode.
- With the help of cut off marks, candidates should know their chances of admission to the different colleges and universities of India.
- Candidates should check below last year cut off marks announced by the coaching institutions:
|Coaching Institutions||Cut Off|
|Rajneesh Singh (DO-Zen/ CLAT Essentials)||144.5|
CLAT Counselling 2019
After the result declaration, the authority has released first indicative seat allocation list on the basis of merit-cum-preference in 14th June 2019. The details regarding CLAT 2019 counselling process are given below:
- The authority organize a centralized counselling for admission to the UG & PG law courses in participating universities.
- The counselling is conducted in four rounds.
- The fee payment has been started from 14th June 2019.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 50,000 as a counselling fee. It should be adjusted at the time of admission.
- The allotment of seats is done on the basis of merit-cum-preference, i.e. CLAT rank, order of preferences, category, number of seats, availability of seats, etc.
- Candidates have to report to the allotted NLUs with the balanced admission fee.
CLAT Admit Card 2019
The university has announced the CLAT 2019 admit card only for the candidates, those complete their registrations & make payment. Check this section for admit card details such as releasing date, mode, etc.
- Candidates can download the admit card/hall ticket through online mode by logging into their LOGIN account.
- The CLAT Hall Ticket 2019 has been issued by 13th May 2019.
- No admit card is provided through offline mode or by post.
- Candidates should carry the downloaded admit card along with all the requisite documents to the examination hall.
- Along with admit card, candidates should also bring a valid photo ID proof such as Aadhaar Card/Voter ID/ Passport/Driving License.
- The authority will also provide the scribe facility to PwD candidates.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), is an all India common entrance examination. It is conducted on a rotation basis by one of the 19 national law universities (NLUs) of India. It is organizes for offering admission into UG and PG degree programmes of law. Through this examination, candidate can get admission in various universities in all over India. The entrance test will be conducted in the second week of May 2020.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Here, we are providing a list of the questions along with answers which are commonly asked by the candidates.
CLAT Application Form 2019
Candidates can check here about CLAT 2019 application form releasing mode, date of availability, required documents to upload & other details:
- The application form is available only through online mode from the official website.
- CLAT Registration 2019 is started from the 13th January to 15th April 2019.
- Only one application can be filled by the candidate.
- Upload your scanned photograph (Dimensions: 200×230 pixels & Size: 20KB to 50KB), Signature (Dimensions: 140×60 pixels & Size: 10KB to 20KB) and other required certificates.
- There will be no need to send a hard copy of the filled application to the CLAT office.
- After successful form submission, no alteration/editing in the online application will be done.
- Candidates should submit Rs. 4000 as an application fee.
- For SC/ST category, it is Rs. 3500.
- The fee payment will be done through credit card/debit card/net banking/pay wallet/RuPay, etc.
- The fee is non-refundable and non-adjustable.
|General/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) & other categories||Rs. 4000 + extra charges|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs. 3500 + extra charges|
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates should check the given eligibility criteria to apply for the CLAT exam. The complete details about CLAT 2019 eligibility are given here:
- Indian National/NRI/NRI Sponsored candidates can apply.
- NRI/NRI Sponsored candidates can apply for those NLUs where such category is admitted.
- Foreign National candidates not need to appear for CLAT exam, they can apply directly to the concerned institutions.
- Upper Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit to apply for UG Integrated & PG courses.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
|Qualifying Exam||Minimum Marks|
|For UG Integrated Courses||Pass 10+2 examination from the recognized board.||Secured minimum 45% marks (for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories) & 40% marks (for SC/ST categories).|
|For PG Courses||Pass LLB/5 years Integrated LLB (Hons.)/any other equivalent examination.||Secured minimum 55% marks (for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories) & 50% marks (for SC/ST categories).|
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates should check this section to know about CLAT exam pattern details of UG & PG courses including mode, duration, marking scheme, negative marking, etc.
- Exam Date: The examination will be held on 26th May 2019.
- Mode: The examination will be conducted in offline mode (pen&paper-based test).
- Duration: The exam duration will be two hours.
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice/Objective type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Number of Questions: Total 200 questions (for UG) & 150 questions (for PG) will be asked in the examination.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 200 marks (for UG) & 150 marks (for PG).
- Marking Scheme: In correct response, one mark will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: For the incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|For UG courses (Integrated)||English including comprehension||40||2 hours|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20|
|For PG Courses||Constitutional Law||50||2 hours|
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc.||50|
CLAT Syllabus 2019
The CLAT syllabus of UG courses is comprised of the following sections, i.e. English including Comprehension, General Knowledge, and Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude & Logical Reasoning.
For PG courses, candidates can study from these sections, i.e. Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence & Other Law Subjects.
Brief syllabus is given below:
English including Comprehension:
It includes comprehension passages and grammar such as the meanings of words used therein, understanding of the passage, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, etc.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
It includes general awareness such as static general knowledge, questions on national and international current affairs, etc.
This test will check the candidate’s knowledge on elementary mathematics (maths study in class 10th).
This test will be evaluated to check interest of candidates towards the study of law, problem-solving ability, legal propositions (described in the paper), research aptitude etc.
It includes syllogisms, identifies patterns, logical sequences, rectifies illogical arguments, logical links, analogies, etc.
CLAT Preparation Tips
To crack any entrance exam, preparation is compulsory. Check below, to know some preparation tips & tricks for How to prepare for CLAT exam:
- Time management is the most important factor for any exam preparation. So divide your time for each section including revision.
- Prepare from some good CLAT Exam books which all are related to the subjects and keep in touch with day to day news.
- Try to solve last year’s question papers & sample papers for CLAT to get an idea about the examination.
- Candidates also practice for the different online mock tests. It helps the candidates to achieve good marks in the exam.
- Make short notes which include important tricks & formulas.
If you have any other queries about CLAT 2019, you can ask us by leaving your comments in the comment box.