CAT 2022: Registration (Started), Exam Dates (Out), Eligibility, Syllabus
CAT 2022 Registration has been started from 3rd August 2022. Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level entrance examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) on rotational basis. Through this examination, qualified candidates get admission in various PG Management programs offered by the IIMs institutions across the country. Other than IIMs, candidates can also use the CAT 2022 scores for admission in various PG Management Programs of Government and Private Management institutions. Here through this article, we have provided complete details candidates need to know about CAT Admission 2022.
CAT 2022 Notifications – Registration Started
CAT 2022 Registration has been started from 3rd August 2022. Check here for application details.
CAT 2023 Application Form has been released. Get all exam details and latest updates about CAT 2023 from here.
CAT 2022 Exam will be conducted on 27th November 2022 by IIM Bangalore. Check here for exam dates details.
CAT 2022 Highlights
Who is the coordinating IIM for CAT 2022 ? – IIM Bangalore
When will CAT 2022 notification release ? – Released On 31st July 2022
When will CAT 2022 registration begin ? – 3rd August 2022, Check application form details
When will CAT 2022 exam organised ? – 27th November 2022, Check exam dates details
When and in what mode CAT exam is held ? – In online CBT mode, Check exam pattern details
How many times can you attempt CAT exam ? No attempt limit.
CAT 2022 Exam Dates
Here, Candidates can check the complete official CAT Exam dates for 2022 session:
|Release of Notification||31st July 2022|
|Commencement of Registration Process||3rd August 2022|
|Last date for submission of application||14th September 2022|
|Release of Admit card||27th October 2022|
|Mock Test||November 2022|
|CAT 2022 Exam||27th November 2022|
|Release of Answer Key||December 2022|
|Last date for submission of Objection||December 2022|
|Declaration of final Answer key||January 2023|
|Announcement of Result||January 2023|
CAT 2022 Registration
Following are the complete details candidates need to know before filling CAT 2022 Registration Form:
- The Registration Form has been made available through online mode only.
- Candidates can fill the CAT 2022 Registration form from 3rd August 2022.
- Candidates have to fill the CAT 2022 application form with authentic and valid details only, as any invalid or wrong information could cause problem at the time of admission.
- Candidates must re-check their application form before paying the application fee.
- Candidates have to fill the application before last date of submission as, no candidates will be allowed after the last date of submission.
- CAT 2022 application process will get over till 14th September 2022.
- Candidates are advised to keep the print of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
Candidates can submit CAT 2022 Application fee through online mode only. The Payment can be done through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking and UPI payment gateways only.
Following is the application fee for CAT 2022:
|For SC/ ST and PWD||Rs.1150/-|
|For all other candidates||Rs.2300/-|
CAT 2022 Application Correction
The correction facility will be applicable after few days from the completion of registration process. CAT Correction facility will be made available for the registered candidates through online mode.
The correction facility will remain available on the website for 3-4 days. Candidates will be able to rectify the mistakes in the application form in few places. The facility will be applicable for few details only and majority of details like Name, Email ID etc. will remain unchangeable.
CAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Following are the complete CAT eligibility norms candidates needs to fulfill to be eligible for examination:
- Required Qualification: Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should have obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved categories) in their bachelor’s degree.
- Age Limit: There will be no age or attempt limit to apply for CAT.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of bachelor degree are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates holding professional degrees like CA/ CS/ ICWA can also apply.
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Here candidates can check the complete CAT exam pattern details:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode (computer based test).
- Type of Questions: Question paper will contain both Objective and Non-Objective Type of questions.
- Duration: CAT Exam duration will be of total 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Test Centres: The test centres will be available all across the country.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in the objective type section. No negative marking will be done in the subjective section.
|Section||No. of MCQs||No. of Non MCQs||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (Section I)||24||10||102|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (Section II)||24||8||96|
|Quantitative Ability (Section III)||27||7||102|
CAT Syllabus 2022
The CAT Syllabus will comprise of all three sections, i.e. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension & Quantitative Ability. The detailed syllabus for these sections are provided below:
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning: Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Bar Graphs and Column Graphs, Caselets and Tables, Venn Diagrams, Combination of two or more types linked to each other, Calendars, Cubes and Clocks, Line Charts & Pie Chart, Number and Letter Series, Binary Logic, Logical Matching, Connectives & Sequence.
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: Analogies and Reverse Analogies, Facts Inferences Judgements, Grammar or English Usage, Fill in the blanks, Verbal Reasoning, Meaning/Usage Match, Summary Questions, Synonyms Antonyms (Vocabulary Based), Correction in Sentence, Reading Comprehension, Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage.
Quantitative Ability: Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration, Sequences & Series, Surds & Indices, Inequalities, Set Theory, Functions & Geometry, Mixtures & Allegations, Trigonometry, Profit, Loss & Discount, Percentages, Simple & Compound Interest, Logarithm, Binomial Theorem, Complex Numbers, Quadratic & Linear Equations, Probability, Permutation and Combination, Number Systems, LCM & HCF, Speed, Time & Distance, Time & Work, Ratio & Proportion, Averages.
How to Prepare for CAT
Here, following are some effective CAT preparation tips that candidates can use for better preparation of examination:
- Make a proper time schedule keeping the syllabus and Exam pattern in mind and follow it strictly.
- Keep practising for the examination by participating in the mock tests.
- Solve previous year question papers for practise.
- Candidates can also use the CAT special preparation books.
- Keep the proper balance between study, sports & other activities.
- Stay fit & healthy and avoid any kind of unhealthy food.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Question):
CAT 2022 Admit Card
Authority will release the CAT Admit Card 2022 on 27th October 2022. The Admit card will be made available for every successfully registered candidates only. CAT 2022 registered candidates can check their admit card through the website of CAT 2022 by online mode.
The admit card is a mandatory document to be carried out on the day of examination as no candidates are allowed to set for examination without admit card.
Candidates are advised to keep the admit card safe till the completion of admission procedure as it can be required at the time of counselling.
CAT 2022 Answer Key
Authority will release the provisional answer key after few days from the day of examination. Candidates can access the CAT 2022 Answer Key through the website of exam conducting authority by online mode.
Candidates have to use their CAT ID and Password to access their answer key. Along with the answer key authority has provide the objection facility for the answer key.
The objection facility remain applicable for few days only. Candidates can raise objection by paying Rs. 1200/- per question. After the completion of objection facility authority will release the final answer key.
CAT 2022 Result
The exam conducting authority will release the result after the release of final answer key. The result will be declared in 2nd week of January 2023 through online mode only.
Authority releases the result for every exam participated candidate. Authority does not send any result to any candidates individually by post or any other offline mode. Candidates have to access their result itself by login into the website of exam conducting authority.
CAT Cut Off 2022
The Cut Off rank will be the minimum marks candidates will have to score to be eligible for further admission procedure. Every IIMs will separately release the CAT 2022 Cut off Marks for admission in there offered programs through online mode.
Here, candidates can check previous year cut off of some IIMs:
CAT 2022 Admission Procedure
There won’t be any centralized counselling for CAT 2022 examination, as every IIM will conduct separate counselling on the basis of CAT scores.
The CAT 2022 Admission Procedure will start after few weeks from the declaration of result. The final admission process will be conducted in the respective IIM Campuses. The admission procedure will be different for every IIMs, so candidates are advised to visit the website of each IIMs individually before applying for it.
Admission confirmation notice will be sent to every shortlisted candidate through their registered email id and phone number. Candidates will have to report in their allotted center within given period of time to accept the admission offer.
If you have any other queries related to CAT 2022, you can leave your comments below.