UGC NET 2022: Application Form (Till 20th May), Exam Dates, Eligibility
UGC NET 2022 Application Form can be filled till 20th May 2022 through online mode. University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is a national level eligibility test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) twice in the year. The test will be conducted for determining the eligibility of candidates for the post of ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges. Through this article, we will provide the complete information along with the authentic updates on the UGC NET 2022.
UGC NET 2022 Notifications – Application Till 20th May
UGC NET 2022 Application Form can be filled till 20th May 2022. Check here for application details.
UGC NET 2022 Exam will be conducted in second week of June 2022. Check here for exam date details.
Admission Open 2022
UGC NET 2022 Highlights
When application form will be released? – Released, Check application details here
When will be the UGC NET 2021 exam held ? – Tentatively in June
Will authority provide any correction facility ? – 21st May
Distance Education degree holder can apply for UGC NET? Yes (From recognized institutions)
Is UGC NET and CSIR NET are same? – No
Can i apply for 2 subjects in UGC NET? – No, (You can apply for one subject only) Check eligibility
UGC NET 2022 Exam Dates
Here are the complete UGC NET exam dates for 2022 examination:
|Events||Dates 2022 June session|
|Commencement of Registration process||30th April 2022|
|Last date of submission||20th May 2022|
|Correction window opens||21st to 23rd May 2022|
|Availability of Admit card||–|
|UGC NET 2022||–|
|Release of Answer Key||–|
|Announcement of Results||–|
UGC NET 2022 Application Form
Following are the complete details candidates need to know regarding the UGC NET 2022 application form:
- The Application form has been released through online mode.
- Candidates can fill the application from 30th April 2022.
- The details filled by the candidates in the application form should be same as it appears in their 10th mark sheet, any alteration in the details can cause rejection of application form.
- Candidates must fill the application forms as per the given instruction in the information brochure.
- The application form must be filled before the last date of submission as no candidates are allowed to submit the application form after the prescribed date.
- The last date of submission of application form is till 20th May 2022.
- Candidates are advised to keep the printout of filled application form and fee receipt for future references.
UGC NET 2022 Application form fee can be submitted through online mode only. Candidates can use Net Banking Debit Card / Credit Card / UPI / E-Wallet for transaction of the application fee:
The application form fee for every category of candidate will be as follows:
|Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|UR/ General candidates||1100/-|
|General –EWS/ OBC – NCL candidates||550/-|
|ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender candidates||275/-|
UGC NET 2022 Application Correction
The correction facility will be provided by the NTA for every registered candidate individually. Candidates will be able to rectify their mistakes within the given period of correction facility.
The correction window will be opened from 21st May 2022 through online mode. Candidates will have to complete the correction before the last date of correction.
UGC NET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Following are the complete eligibility norms for the UGC NET 2022 Examination:
- Qualification: Candidates must have a master’s degree in relevant subject from any recognized board.
- Marks: Candidates should has scored atleast 55% marks (50% marks as OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Third gender) without roundoff.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final examination or whose result is still awaited can also apply for the UGC NET Exam.
- For JRF, candidates age must not be more than 31 Years and 5 years relaxation will be offered for the reserved candidates.
- There won’t be any maximum age limit for the Assistant Professor.
UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern
Following are the complete exam pattern for the UGC NET 2022 Examination:
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted in CBT (Computer Based Test /Online) mode.
- Language: The language of question paper will be as per the selected by the candidates from Hindi and English.
- Number of Papers: There will be two papers in the examination.
- Type of Questions: Question paper will consist of multiple choice, objective type of questions.
- Time Duration: The time duration for the exam will be 3 hours.
- Questions: There will be total of 150 questions in the paper.
- Marks: Question paper will be of total 300 marks
- Marking Pattern: For each correct answer, 2 marks will be allotted.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the paper.
The complete pattern for the question paper will be as follows:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions|
|Total||300 marks||150 questions|
UGC NET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for every course will be different and will be based on the related UG and PG academic year. Candidates will be able to check the complete syllabus from the information bulletin of UGC NET 2022.
Students have to check the NTA website to know complete UGC NET Syllabus online on the website.
UGC NET 2022 Preparation Tips
Here are some effective tips and tricks for better preparation of the examination:
- Go through the complete syllabus and exam pattern.
- Make a balanced time schedule and follow it strictly.
- Participate in the mock test.
- Solve the previous year’s and sample papers of UGC NET.
- Make the short notes and revise them.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
UGC NET 2022 Admit Card
Admit card will be released by the national testing agency for every successfully registered candidate individually through online mode. Candidates will be able to download their admit card from the third week of May 2022 by login into the website of exam conducting authority.
The admit card will be the important documents to be carried out for the day of examination, as no candidates will be allowed to participate in the examination without their valid admit card.
UGC NET 2022 Answer Key
Answer Key will be released by the authority after few days from the conduction of examination. Candidates will be able to check the answer key from 3rd week of June 2022 through the website. UGC NET Answer key 2022 will contain the correct answers of every asked questions in the examination.
Authority will release the answer key with the objection facility. Candidates can submit their objection on the answer key within the prescribed date. The final answer key will be released after the completion of objection facility.
UGC NET 2022 Result
UGC NET Result will be prepared on the basis of final answer key. Authority will release the result for every exam participated candidates individually through online mode. Candidates will be able be to check the result from the 4th week of June 2022.
The result will contain the performance of candidates in the entrance exam. Authority will not send any result to any candidates individually through by post or any other offline mode. Candidates will have to download their result by themselves through login into the website of authority.
UGC NET 2022 Cut Off
The cut off will be the minimum marks candidates will have to score in the examination to be eligible for admission in offered programs. Candidates will be able to check the complete cut off marks from the website of admission authority.
UGC NET 2022 cut off will be prescribed on the basis of various factors including the level of examination, number of registered candidates for admission etc. The cut off will be released on the basis of reserved and unreserved categories. Candidates will have to score more than cut off marks to be eligible for admission.
UGC NET 2022 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for the post of Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor will be based on the reservation policy of government of India. The procedure will be regulated for the successfully qualified candidates from the entrance exam.
Candidates will be shortlisted for the profile of Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor on the basis of their rank in the category wise merit list.
If you have any other query related to UGC NET 2022, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.